Preseason outlook (792 Sports/Columbiafan rankings [see page 6])

DisabledAccount

Panhandle

Tier 1

Pine Forest

Niceville

Tier 2

Tallahassee Lincoln

Tallahassee Rickards

Escambia

Navarre

Tier 3

Madison County

West Florida

Wakulla

Florida High

Gadsden County

Mosely

Pensacola Catholic

Tier 4

North Florida Christian

Milton

Pace

Pensacola Washington

Godby

Baker 

Vernon

Great job!  Agree that Niceville and Pine Forest are the favorites in the panhandle 4S and 3S classifications, respectively.  Their matchup on October 7 could determine the top team in the panhandle.  Think you may be undervaluing Coach Whiddon's Mosely team a little in 4S, coming off an 11-2 season and beating Lincoln twice.  Lincoln had significant losses to graduation, but should be a contender in 3S; they have a tough schedule, highlighted by October 28 game with DIllard.  Panhandle 2S is most wide open, but would expect a steady Wakulla team and West Florida to battle it out, especially with Coach Lees back at West Florida.  In panhandle 1S, North Florida Christian has added some transfers at the skill positions, and don't overlook an up-and-coming Munroe squad.  And in the Rural classification, is anyone ready to bet against Madison County?  Thanks again for your efforts, and good luck with the rest of your state rankings. 

11 minutes ago, Dr. D said:

Great job!  Agree that Niceville and Pine Forest are the favorites in the panhandle 4S and 3S classifications, respectively.  Their matchup on October 7 could determine the top team in the panhandle.  Think you may be undervaluing Coach Whiddon's Mosely team a little in 4S, coming off an 11-2 season and beating Lincoln twice.  Lincoln had significant losses to graduation, but should be a contender in 3S; they have a tough schedule, highlighted by October 28 game with DIllard.  Panhandle 2S is most wide open, but would expect a steady Wakulla team and West Florida to battle it out, especially with Coach Lees back at West Florida.  In panhandle 1S, North Florida Christian has added some transfers at the skill positions, and don't overlook an up-and-coming Munroe squad.  And in the Rural classification, is anyone ready to bet against Madison County?  Thanks again for your efforts, and good luck with the rest of your state rankings. 

I did feel like Mosely having a solid season was impressive but with all do respect to them I was never sold on them when they were rated as the #1 seed in 6A 1 and felt their schedule was average and overinflating them which is why I wasn't as surprised when they lost to a Gadsden County team which had the opposite issue of being a solid team that scheduled way above their heads and once I saw them take niceville to OT I felt they could beat Mosely 

I will keep an eye on them as the season progresses but I think it would have helped if they were to play a pine forest or niceville so I could judge them against the tier 1 teams of the panhandle

Lincoln will be interesting to keep an eye on, I do see they have a 5* LB and I look forward to seeing how that Lincoln vs Dillard game goes as it should tell us where Lincoln is at on a state level 

I do think niceville and pine forest could go deep and I'm glad they playing this year but I wouldn't lock either in as regional champs yet as 4S and 3S is deep on the north end 

West Florida and Wakulla should be 2 key teams to watch in 2S and interesting note with NFC I'll keep them in mind with my 1S rankings 

And Madison County is usually a solid program but I'm curious to see how they handle the coaching change and I think outside of Hawthorne and maybe Union I don't see anyone really close to Madison in 1R 

Thanks for the response, I'll have North Central tiers out tomorrow 

2 hours early but decided to go ahead and add North Central Florida tiers on the board 

Same rules as tiers apply 

North Central

Tier 1

Columbia

Buchholz

Tier 2

Vanguard

Baker County

Hawthorne

Union County

Chiefland

Tier 3

Bradford

North Marion

Dunnellon

Gainesville

Trinity Catholic

Tier 4

Suwannee

Fort White

Ocala Forest

West Port

Trenton

Newberry

9 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

2 hours early but decided to go ahead and add North Central Florida tiers on the board 

Same rules as tiers apply 

North Central

Tier 1

Columbia

Buchholz

Tier 2

Vanguard

Baker County

Hawthorne

Union County

Chiefland

Tier 3

Bradford

North Marion

Dunnellon

Gainesville

Trinity Catholic

Tier 4

Suwannee

Fort White

Ocala Forest

West Port

Trenton

Newberry

Can’t let you get away with this homer nonsense 

Surprise double Tuesday, here's the northeast Florida tiers as well 

Northeast Florida

Tier 1

Trinity Christian
Bolles

Tier 2

Mainland
St Augustine
Nease
Ed White

Tier 3

Bartram Trail
Fleming Island
Sandalwood 
Middleburg
University Christian
Creekside
Deland

Tier 4

Yulee
Ribault
Terry Parker
Flagler Palm Coast
Oakleaf
Raines
Fletcher
Clay

Tier 5
Atlantic Coast
Terry Parker
Riverside
Andrew Jackson
Englewood
Ponte Vedra
Hilliard
West Nassau
Menendez
Keystone Heights

29 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Northeast Florida

Tier 1

Trinity Christian
Bolles

Tier 2

Mainland
St Augustine
Nease
Ed White

Tier 3

Bartram Trail
Fleming Island
Sandalwood 
Middleburg
University Christian
Creekside
Deland

Tier 4

Yulee
Ribault
Terry Parker
Flagler Palm Coast
Oakleaf
Raines
Fletcher
Clay

Tier 5
Atlantic Coast
Terry Parker
Riverside
Andrew Jackson
Englewood
Ponte Vedra
Hilliard
West Nassau
Menendez
Keystone Heights

Have no clue how accurate your rankings are but have to admit you probably have invested lots of time researching the different programs to publish these results.  It does take courage to publicly share these rankings as it will be easy for others to be sniping.  The good thing, at season's end we can all go back and look to see how you did overall as I for one respect the effort.  

32 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Have no clue how accurate your rankings are but have to admit you probably have invested lots of time researching the different programs to publish these results.  It does take courage to publicly share these rankings as it will be easy for others to be sniping.  The good thing, at season's end we can all go back and look to see how you did overall as I for one respect the effort.  

I predict Osceola High is the best team in Osceola County. 

You may archive this for further analysis 

6 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

I predict Osceola High is the best team in Osceola County. 

You may archive this for further analysis 

My cat could have predicted that nolebull and my cat has never seen a High School football game 

Come on I know your smart enough to make a more higher risk prediction than that lol

40 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Yeah that is the advantage of it is there will be a lot of matchups between teams throughout the ranking list so we will see how accurate it is as the season progresses 

Nolebull is giving me a hard time but he's all bark and no bite, he knows that once the season starts a lot of results will reflect how I ranked teams so he's giving me a hard time now because once the season starts a lot of my rankings will be able to fluidly adjust to the results 

At the end of the day the purpose of me releasing these rankings now is just to drum up conversation about teams before the season and get conversations started, the transfer portal has slowed down a bit and baring any late moves we have a rough idea where some teams are at and others will show where they stand within a few weeks 

One thing I've learned is certain teams will tend to range towards the top and baring major transfer movements some things won't change too much so once I got that down it ends up not being hard to rank teams in a general vacinity according to their area 

The tough part comes with specifically judging a team statewide ranking while taking into account areas of Central and SFL strength versus teams in the north end because obviously there are some teams in the north good enough to make top 25 and top 50 in Florida but there are more of them in central and SFL and the teams at the top of Central and SFL are deeper and better then the top of north Florida

8 minutes ago, Perspective said:

Riverside has fallen to the bottom tier??  Dang, they better put some gas in their bus and head west on I-10 to find some more players.  B)

That's technically not the bottom tier 

I only do tiers up to the point of teams who can IMO at least have a .500 ceiling with an average or better schedule

But the heavy senior graduation, the coach leaving and then losing kids to Ed White has depleted their roster 

30 minutes early but here's the tiers for Central Florida

Central Florida

Tier 1

Lakeland

Tampa Jesuit

Cocoa

Tier 2

Venice

Osceola

Sanford Seminole

Orlando Jones

Treasure Coast

Apopka

West Orange

Edgewater

Tampa Bay Tech

Tier 3

Lake Mary

Rockledge

Lakewood

Sarasota Riverview

Tier 4

Berkeley Prep

Merritt Island

Vero Beach

Lakeland Christian

Clearwater Central Catholic

Tampa Gaither

Tier 5

Charlotte

Armwood

Palmetto

Lake Gibson

Plant City

Wharton

Lake Wales

Bartow

Sarasota

Clearwater

Nature Coast Tech

South Sumter

Melbourne

Port Charlotte

Tampa Catholic

Tier 6

Mitchell

Auburndale

Sebring

Palm Bay

Heritage

John Carroll

Wekiva 

Pinellas Park

Braden River

Manatee

Plant

Eau Gallie

Bishop Moore

Viera

South Florida

Tier 1

St Thomas Aquinas

Chaminade Madonna

Miami Central

Tier 2

Cardinal Gibbons

Miami Northwestern

American Heritage Plantation

Gulliver Prep

Tier 3

Homestead

Dillard

Miami Columbus

Naples

Miami Palmetto

Miami Booker T Washington

Western

Palm Beach Central

Tier 4

Miami Edison

Benjamin

Glades Central

Dade Christian

South Fort Myers

Monarch

Stranahan

Fort Myers

Cardinal Newman

North Fort Myers

Monsignor Pace

Plantation

Tier 5

Palm Beach Gardens

Atlantic Delray Beach

Miramar

Lehigh

Calvary Christian

Bishop Verot

Tier 6

Mater Academy

Doral Academy

St John Neumann

Avant Garde

Somerset Academy

Santaluces

Pahokee

Palm Beach Lakes

Jupiter

North Miami Beach

Carol City

South Dade

Dwyer 

Kings Academy

On 7/5/2022 at 11:24 AM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Northeast Florida

Tier 1

Trinity Christian
Bolles

Tier 2

Mainland
St Augustine
Nease
Ed White

Tier 3

Bartram Trail
Fleming Island
Sandalwood 
Middleburg
University Christian
Creekside
Deland

Tier 4

Yulee
Ribault
Terry Parker
Flagler Palm Coast
Oakleaf
Raines
Fletcher
Clay

Tier 5
Atlantic Coast
Terry Parker
Riverside
Andrew Jackson
Englewood
Ponte Vedra
Hilliard
West Nassau
Menendez
Keystone Heights

Bartram should be higher. Fleming has a ton of talent. We will see what they can do, could be a big year for them. I think you are severely over rating Yulee. They haven't won a playoff game since Derrick Henry and won 4 games last season. They will be better no doubt, but I couldn't have them above Raines, Clay, Fletcher, Flagler, Atlantic Coast, Ponte Vedra, even Jackson. 

1 hour ago, smashmouth80 said:

Bartram should be higher. Fleming has a ton of talent. We will see what they can do, could be a big year for them. I think you are severely over rating Yulee. They haven't won a playoff game since Derrick Henry and won 4 games last season. They will be better no doubt, but I couldn't have them above Raines, Clay, Fletcher, Flagler, Atlantic Coast, Ponte Vedra, even Jackson. 

Yulee has quietly been picking up transfers in Nassau County

And of the teams you listed they are only above Atlantic Coast, Ponte Vedra and Jackson as I've said several times the tiers are not an exact order 

I'm not releasing any rankings with the exact team order until August, until then teams in the same tier are teams with the Same ranking 

Atlantic Coast has been good last few years but I think Sandalwood snatched a few of their kids, Ponte Vedra has been dropping hard the last few years, and Jackson is rising but they have in the past failed to keep teams from stealing their top players so I need to see that they are keeping talent together for them to break that stigma

1 hour ago, smashmouth80 said:

Does Bartram have a QB? That was the biggest thing I saw in the spring that has me doubting them 

4 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Does Bartram have a QB? That was the biggest thing I saw in the spring that has me doubting them 

ColumbiaFan, according to MaxPreps, they've got 6 QB's on the current roster:  four of them have a name, but no uniform number, height or weight. A fifth one wears number 46 and it also listed as an OLB, so I'm guessing he's more of a linebacker than a QB.   The last one is interesting:  a rising Jr. by the name of Riley Trujillo who is listed at 6'4'' and 200 pounds.  There are a couple of highlights (including a long TD run in a playoff game), but I can't find any season stats on the guy on MaxPreps.  However, it looks like he may have been the starter most of the season as a sophomore.  And, according to Rivals, the kid already has 22 offers (including Arkansas, Duke, UCF and GaTech).   But given the fact that Bartram Trails played Columbia in the spring game, I suspect you know all this. 

21 minutes ago, Perspective said:

ColumbiaFan, according to MaxPreps, they've got 6 QB's on the current roster:  four of them have a name, but no uniform number, height or weight. A fifth one wears number 46 and it also listed as an OLB, so I'm guessing he's more of a linebacker than a QB.   The last one is interesting:  a rising Jr. by the name of Riley Trujillo who is listed at 6'4'' and 200 pounds.  There are a couple of highlights (including a long TD run in a playoff game), but I can't find any season stats on the guy on MaxPreps.  However, it looks like he may have been the starter most of the season as a sophomore.  And, according to Rivals, the kid already has 22 offers (including Arkansas, Duke, UCF and GaTech).   But given the fact that Bartram Trails played Columbia in the spring game, I suspect you know all this. 

Okay I'll rephrase it 

Do they have a QB on par with what they have had the majority of the last 10-15 years

I didn't see a QB playing during the spring from Bartram that would make me confident in them being top 50 in FL when they tend to be in that range when they have a strong QB and tend to fall below it when they don't

26 minutes ago, skyway said:

Going through this thread, it really strikes me just how important it is that these message boards limit the length of the "signatures". It's extremely annoying trying to scroll down threads when one person's signature is very long and of course in every single post they make.

Skyway, if memory serves me correct, I had the same concern and someone was able to explain to me how to change my settings so that the signature blocks won't show up on the posts.   My life is so much better now.  :D

• DisabledAccount changed the title to Preseason outlook (792 Sports/Columbiafan rankings [see page 6])