Preseason outlook (792 Sports/Columbiafan rankings [see page 6])

DisabledAccount

11 minutes ago, Perspective said:

I'll speak for the rest of us and say that we'll just let you do all the heavy lifting and hard work. Then, we'll read what you post, at which time we'll just ignore all the analysis that is spot on and instead point out the two or three places where you missed the mark.  B)

Sounds about right but I do notice that whenever that happens and the entire group of "Monday night QBs" can only point to the 1 or 2 mistakes it's likely that they focused on the only things in a 53 page preview that was wrong :lol: 

Though I'm sure you will have an honest "perspective" so I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it 

27 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

With fall practice starting tomorrow who is checking out the first fall practice for their respective school tomorrow?

9:45AM sharp, be there without a doubt.  The only reliable way to validate whatever opinion you may hold.  As I have stated several times it is only an opinion, but one should base it on their own judgement and not someone else's. 

4 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

That isn't a comforting thought Coach but I hope all the one's you are counting on come through for you and their teammates. 

That didnt come out quite the way I meant it. LOL   The ones I am counting on will be there , its the ones that I have not seen all summer who show up on the first day and possible new players that I have never met!

5 minutes ago, Beek said:

That didnt come out quite the way I meant it. LOL   The ones I am counting on will be there , its the ones that I have not seen all summer who show up on the first day and possible new players that I have never met!

Hope you have some pleasant surprises tomorrow. 

9 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Anyone who's familiar with midnight practices, what's the advantage to it?

It's a gimmick.   Started by college basketball coaches several years ago.  

That said, high school boys are used to staying up that late over the summer, so it's not that big of a deal to them. And in most places, the temperatures at midnight are cooler and the afternoon thunderstorms have subsided.   I'm also guessing that the coaches who have days jobs (and moms and/or dads that have to transport their kids to/from practice) are not big fans of a practice that starts at midnight.

2 hours ago, Perspective said:

It's a gimmick.   Started by college basketball coaches several years ago.  

That said, high school boys are used to staying up that late over the summer, so it's not that big of a deal to them. And in most places, the temperatures at midnight are cooler and the afternoon thunderstorms have subsided.   I'm also guessing that the coaches who have days jobs (and moms and/or dads that have to transport their kids to/from practice) are not big fans of a practice that starts at midnight.

You are correct it is mostly a basketball thing as not many football teams do.  I did read locally in our county St. Cloud HS opened their official practice week at 12:01 AM Aug. 01, but I suspect it isn't going to be a routine practice time. 

• DisabledAccount changed the title to Preseason outlook (792 Sports/Columbiafan rankings [see page 6])