Venice-SFA to be televised on ESPN

VeniceIndianFan

The highly anticipated week 4 game between Venice and the number 1 team in the nation, St. Frances Academy, will be televised on ESPN at 8 pm for what should be one of the best games of the year. I will be at that game covered from head to toe in green gear, rooting the Indians on to a W against the Panthers! Rise up, Indian nation! What are everyone’s thoughts on this? Would love to hear them!!

1 hour ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

The highly anticipated week 4 game between Venice and the number 1 team in the nation, St. Frances Academy, will be televised on ESPN at 8 pm for what should be one of the best games of the year. I will be at that game covered from head to toe in green gear, rooting the Indians on to a W against the Panthers! Rise up, Indian nation! What are everyone’s thoughts on this? Would love to hear them!!

Wish you guys luck. I know the fans in green are gonna b out full throttle hopefully both teams go in undefeated as well. 

7 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

I know last year's Venice team would give SFA all it could handle. I have no clue what this year's Venice team will do against them. Best of luck!

49 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I know last year's Venice team would give SFA all it could handle. I have no clue what this year's Venice team will do against them. Best of luck!

Thank you! I think this game is going to be a hard fought defensive battle. SFA had a young team last year and returns 3 of the 4 on their defensive line. Their nose tackle, Gabe Williams, is *the* best I have seen in the country so far. He had at least 8 Pressures against IMG last season and 2 sacks. He had similar numbers in their game against STA. Unbelievable how strong he is, and has only gotten bigger. The core of continuity they have from last year returns and they will be a very strong team once again.

Venice has 2 major factors going for them in this game that could push them over the edge to a victory over SFA: 

Home Field Advantage

They have a week 3 bye. Since the coaching staff couldn’t get Mater Dei to play, they left it open as a bye week. This gives them 2 weeks to prepare for St. Frances and hopefully some rest for the players as well. Can’t understate that 2 weeks to prepare for an opponent of this magnitude will help immensely. Will it translate to a victory? I certainly hope so, but only Time will tell. I don’t see it being a blowout like 2019 was because I believe this Venice squad will be much better than what they had in 2019.

The seniors on this team remember what SFA did to them and they have been waiting three years for this rematch. Their might be some rough emotions that were not present in the 2019 matchup. Couple that in with the fact that this matchup is on ESPN, and you have a game that will likely see fans spilling out from the stands, onto the track and into the parking lot. SFA fans packed our away stands last time and I expect them to do so again. All I know is this; when SFA comes calling on September 15th, I, along with a litany of other Venice fans, will be there decked out in green gear to cheer the Indians on to a W over the Panthers! 

Go Indians!

7 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Wish you guys luck. I know the fans in green are gonna b out full throttle hopefully both teams go in undefeated as well. 

Thanks bro it’s gonna be a lot of fun! Dillard should be a top team in the state this year, can’t wait to see them play Central! I know the Panthers haven’t forgotten 2019,

9 minutes ago, PinellasFB said:

Is Venice rebuilding this year?  Last years team was one for the ages.  SFA is like Bama where it doesnt matter who and how many they graduated, they just reload.

Yeah they basically Baltimore IMG though from when I've watched SFA I always felt like they played harder than IMG does, they have also had IMG's number as of late 

5 minutes ago, PinellasFB said:

Is Venice rebuilding this year?  Last years team was one for the ages.  SFA is like Bama where it doesnt matter who and how many they graduated, they just reload.

Offense is mostly new with the entire offensive line graduating, most of the receiving corps, and the QB. But we still have Rkish Hyppolite, who got some snaps as a backup last year and Keon Sears, who is a really good receiver and a 2 year starter. We picked up wide receiver Ryan Matulevich and tight end Fin Jones, both from Cardinal Mooney, both of whom should fit right in to contribute. Running back Jamarice Wilder is only a sophomore but already shared snaps with Damarion last season and is proven to be a very strong RB. 

Our returning defense is going to be very strong. Damon Wilson is one of the best defensive ends in the country; he benches over 500 lbs and cleaned something like 345 and is only going to get stronger. Trenton Kintigh on the inside is going to be very strong as he started last year and was a very powerful force. Shamaron Wilson is going to be stepping into the second DE role opposite of Damon; he is only a sophomore but got some snaps in garbage time as a freshman last year and looked decent. I don’t know who will be beside Trenton, but I'm sure the coaching staff will groom a new nose tackle.

Elliot Washington and Sage Yootzy both return for their senior year. Sage is going to be great at Safety and Elliot is going to bolster the backfield tremendously. He has taken snaps at linebacker, full safety, corner, and even DE and can do it all. Cameron Herring, transfer from Cardinal Mooney, should be a strong linebacker as well and has proven he can tackle and pursue very well. 

The defense is going to be the rock of this team for a little while. The offense is new and is going to take some time to adjust. I think it will be enough to beat Northwestern and Naples; damn the preseason game, lol. The good news for Venice is that they have 13 days to prepare for SFA and they will be at home. Will it translate to a victory? I don’t know. Only time will tell, but I think Venice can just RIP the W away from SFA, if they want it badly enough and play as well as they can. 

Go Indians!

4 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Thanks bro it’s gonna be a lot of fun! Dillard should be a top team in the state this year, can’t wait to see them play Central! I know the Panthers haven’t forgotten 2019,

I’m ready for that game as well, also the chaminade game & STA game a lot of revenge games & all are gonna b standing room only lol

2 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I’m ready for that game as well, also the chaminade game & STA game a lot of revenge games & all are gonna b standing room only lol

That’s the thing about those 305 squads; their speed is unmatched. You can game-plan for it, but you really only see that kind of speed down south and on teams like IMG, SFA, Mater Dei, etc etc. If Dillard can limit their mistakes and capitalize on Central’s, they can beat them without a doubt. The good news for Dillard is that they are playing at home and will have the crowd noise on their side. Their o-line has continuity together and will figure to be their best squad in years. I think 3 of your 5 starters are 2+ year starters and over 6 foot 2; a great starting point already to diminish MC’s ferocious pass rush. 

16 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

That’s the thing about those 305 squads; their speed is unmatched. You can game-plan for it, but you really only see that kind of speed down south and on teams like IMG, SFA, Mater Dei, etc etc. If Dillard can limit their mistakes and capitalize on Central’s, they can beat them without a doubt. The good news for Dillard is that they are playing at home and will have the crowd noise on their side. Their o-line has continuity together and will figure to be their best squad in years. I think 3 of your 5 starters are 2+ year starters and over 6 foot 2; a great starting point already to diminish MC’s ferocious pass rush. 

The game vs MIAMI CENTRAL is @ traz Powell , we’re @ chaminade & we’re home Vs STA 

the thing is Dillard & mc has the same type of speed so playing Mia teams, speed was never the issue. 

we have dawgs on defense as do they do it’s gonna come down to which defense can cause the most havoc in all 3 of those games. & whose offense can be balanced enough to put points on the board, with no offense your defense will wear down eventually, which has been Dillards Demise in a lot of their games in the past when they faced someone just as physical as them in defense.

9 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

The game vs MIAMI CENTRAL is @ traz Powell , we’re @ chaminade & we’re home Vs STA 

the thing is Dillard & mc has the same type of speed so playing Mia teams, speed was never the issue. 

we have dawgs on defense as do they do it’s gonna come down to which defense can cause the most havoc in all 3 of those games. & whose offense can be balanced enough to put points on the board, with no offense your defense will wear down eventually, which has been Dillards Demise in a lot of their games in the past when they faced someone just as physical as them in defense.

My bad, thought it was the other way around. Dillard can most def win all 3 but it won’t be easy, best of luck to them

This game will be a 7 TD blowout. Casual HSFB fans are gonna be saying “Why did they put this wasted blowout on TV?” And diehard HSFB fans are gonna be saying, “Why did they put this wasted blowout on TV?”

SFA has over 30 guys with D1 offers and they are getting more literally daily. It’s not even a real high school team. It’s a collection of blue chip college prospects on an all star team apart of a traveling circus.

This game will be 56-7 in the 3rd quarter with a running clock and the SFA players on the sidelines acting like clowns for the camera pretending they just put in hard work 

21 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

This game will be a 7 TD blowout. Casual HSFB fans are gonna be saying “Why did they put this wasted blowout on TV?” And diehard HSFB fans are gonna be saying, “Why did they put this wasted blowout on TV?”

SFA has over 30 guys with D1 offers and they are getting more literally daily. It’s not even a real high school team. It’s a collection of blue chip college prospects on an all star team apart of a traveling circus.

This game will be 56-7 in the 3rd quarter with a running clock and the SFA players on the sidelines acting like clowns for the camera pretending they just put in hard work 

You don’t think Venice having 2 weeks to prepare for them will change anything?