Miami Central fall practice video

MC Rockets

Just don't make a wrong turn in that area at night and get lost. You could end up with problems. Not saying it's bad at Traz, but it gets crazy at times.

Not sure why Cocoa didn't do the return trip, It's not like Cocoa to slide out of a deal. Only thing I can assume is a scheduling problem happened. MC beat Cocoa by 20 that year but had to forfeit the game. We had Colerain in Ohio, Dallas Skyline in Texas and them MC at home, all in a row. It was a grueling schedule for 37 man roster. The MC game was a good game. MC's defense was lights out... no getting around that, they scored a FG in the 1st quarter, then run for 2 TD's in the second, Blanked in the 3rd and then another FG in the 4th. It was over though by the 3rd because Cocoa only move the ball past midfield maybe twice. Cocoa may have had less total yards in that game since as far back as I can remember. Still no excuse for not returning the game and playing MC at home and taking the medicine, good or bad.

When 2 good teams play at Traz, the place is packed. It used to be a little scary walking around in the parking lot, but there are a lot of po po there now.

If you call 3 Miami dade school police on each side a lot then I guess.... Lol....

What area are safe in America? Ain't know school safe... You can get touch at anytime or anywhere ðŸ˜... Plus I told you before NO DADE PUBLIC SCHOOLS HAS THEIR OWN FOOTBALL FIELD!!! Since your afraid of Miami, if Columbia makes it to state which I doubt it , you probably won't want to go cause the citrus bowl is dead smack in the hood 😉

I approve this message.

What area are safe in America? Ain't know school safe... You can get touch at anytime or anywhere ... Plus I told you before NO DADE PUBLIC SCHOOLS HAS THEIR OWN FOOTBALL FIELD!!! Since your afraid of Miami, if Columbia makes it to state which I doubt it , you probably won't want to go cause the citrus bowl is dead smack in the hood.

Southridge has their own field. I think they're the only public school in miami to have their own field with lights. 

What area are safe in America? Ain't know school safe... You can get touch at anytime or anywhere ... Plus I told you before NO DADE PUBLIC SCHOOLS HAS THEIR OWN FOOTBALL FIELD!!! Since your afraid of Miami, if Columbia makes it to state which I doubt it , you probably won't want to go cause the citrus bowl is dead smack in the hood

Seemed like more than 3 but ok... I got there early where there was still parking by the fence at the north end of the field. See cruisers patrolling the parking lot. No idea how many were there really.

In Orlando, get there early so you don't have to park in the over flow area's. People have been robbed a knife and gun point in the past. If you get there early you can park near the front gate where it is much safer for women and old people.

When you've gone there so many times over the years, you become use to it. It's really not that bad from the inside looking out.

I know you're right, and I've been there many times with no problems. I've even driven the back way in a couple times to go to a store to get drinks. It's my wife freaking me out by being scared after it gets dark. Orlando was worse for awhile in my opinion, but the police are cracking down on that area.

I know you're right, and I've been there many times with no problems. I've even driven the back way in a couple times to go to a store to get drinks. It's my wife freaking me out by being scared after it gets dark. Orlando was worse for awhile in my opinion, but the police are cracking down on that area.

My aunt use to stay down the street from the citrus bowl... Don't like the area but I use to park at her place then walk down...

What area are safe in America? Ain't know school safe... You can get touch at anytime or anywhere ðŸ˜... Plus I told you before NO DADE PUBLIC SCHOOLS HAS THEIR OWN FOOTBALL FIELD!!! Since your afraid of Miami, if Columbia makes it to state which I doubt it , you probably won't want to go cause the citrus bowl is dead smack in the hood 😉

Ok so where are games played down in Miami? You forget I've never been there so I only know by what others tell me about it

Southridge doesn't have their own field. The reason why people think that is because next to the high school is a park called Southridge park and it just so happens a stadium is on the grounds. Harris field is home to South Dade and Homestead high. Another stadium North Miami aka Mosquito Bowl is right in front of Morning high school but that stadium is still shared with Krop, Norland, North Miami and North Miami Beach.

What area are safe in America? Ain't know school safe... You can get touch at anytime or anywhere ... Plus I told you before NO DADE PUBLIC SCHOOLS HAS THEIR OWN FOOTBALL FIELD!!! Since your afraid of Miami, if Columbia makes it to state which I doubt it , you probably won't want to go cause the citrus bowl is dead smack in the hood

So, Miami public schools don't get their own fields due to funding or is there another reason? In the Orlando/Greater Central Florida area, all Orange, Seminole, Osceola, and I believe, Lake County schools have their own stadium. I believe the same applies to Brevard county too, but not Volusia, where Mainland and Seabreeze share a stadium with Bethune Cookman, and I believe NSB, Atlantic and Spruce Creek also share a stadium. Deland has its own and I am not sure about the Deltona schools including Orange City. 

In Orange and Seminole, overall, most of the stadiums are good to very nice. However, for the newer schools there are seating issues as from Timber Creek/Olympia on, they have not constructed the large stands that the older schools have. 

Scheduling games in a large county like Dade must be a bear due to the lack of stadiums to play them in. 

@DarterBlue2 I don't know the reason why any public schools don't have a stadium but as of present day it couldn't be possible. For starters where's the space for one. Take Palmetto and Killian for example. Both of these schools are in middle to upper-class neighbourhoods, so funding wouldn't be an issue just the space. Now let's take Northwestern out of Liberty City and improvised inner-city black school. Funding for a school like Northwestern isn't allocated for a stadium even if it's space. Then again something I just thought about is Columbus has to play at Tropical park a shared stadium which is usual for private schools and if public high schools have their own stadium seating capacity must be high because of rivalry games.

Slick, got you. While Orlando is a decent sized city, there is still space available. The school board actually funds the stadium construction as part of the school design (in most cases). So all schools get a stadium. However, if you want to get fancy (synthetic turf, etc.), then that would come from booster club or other locally raised money. So, the schools in richer areas here tend to have better facilities overall. 

But there is something special about playing your home games on or across the street from the actual school! It boosts turnout, and serves as an intimidation factor (at some schools). Plus, the week of rivalry games, every so often, the visiting school pays a pregame visit to the home team facility ... all in good fun of course. 

Cocoa Mayor, then Judy Parrish, built a stadium across from Cocoa high so it no longer had to share a stadium with Rockledge. Both schools have on campus practice fields that could have been turned into stadiums if the schools had the funding, it wasn't a necessity since it was a short bus ride for both schools to travel to McClarity Stadium. Rockledge still plays it's games at McClarity which was built in 1964 I believe, and shared it with Cocoa from 1971 to 2004.

Have to say that building Tiger stadium turned Cocoa's whole program around. It gave the school a sense of pride.

Southridge doesn't have their own field. The reason why people think that is because next to the high school is a park called Southridge park and it just so happens a stadium is on the grounds. Harris field is home to South Dade and Homestead high. Another stadium North Miami aka Mosquito Bowl is right in front of Morning high school but that stadium is still shared with Krop, Norland, North Miami and North Miami Beach.

That North Miami stadium is no joke. The Mosquito Bowl nickname is well deserved. If you don't take a can of mosquito repellent, then good luck lasting the whole game in the stands. 

@Darterblue2 Since your from the Orlando area how are Jones, Evans and Oaks Ridge high school stadium facilities being all three are black schools.

Good question. The answer is, it varies. I will address each.

1. Jones - For years they used the Citrus Bowl as their home stadium since the school has no on-campus facility. This could be viewed as good or bad depending on your perspective. Over the last three or four years, they were shifted to a Citrus Bowl practice field which was usually used for youth football and which is just south of the Citrus Bowl, and northwest of Jones. I considered this facility sub-standard. This year they currently don't have a home field for the first half of the season as the facility is being upgraded. We will see what the final product looks like when it is complete.

2. Evans - They have a nice stadium which was renovated when the school was rebuilt a few years back. Seating at around 6,500 to 7,000, is adequate, the amenities are good, and the condition of the field is good. So, I would say aside from not having synthetic turf, Evans is doing quite well facility wise. When Apopka has a bye week or faces a soft team, I will sometimes go take in a game at Evans since it is equidistant with Apopka from where I live which is close to Wekiva.

3. Oak Ride - The school was refurbished at the same time as Evans. However, they started with substandard facilities, and while significant repairs were done, the stadium was not upgraded. Lee Leonard Stadium is small, is very close to the field, as the track is separate from the stadium. There is not enough space behind the south end, end zone, so there is a risk of injury in my opinion on tight plays. Also, the land on which the field lies is not as level as I would like (similar to Olympia's). 

So there you have it. It is a mixed bag. The irony is, that among the best stadium facilities in Orlando are Cypress Creek and University High (not Orange City University). Cypress Creek has never produced a competitive team and University does not do so often. So go figure. 

@DarterBlue2 I don't know the reason why any public schools don't have a stadium but as of present day it couldn't be possible. For starters where's the space for one. Take Palmetto and Killian for example. Both of these schools are in middle to upper-class neighbourhoods, so funding wouldn't be an issue just the space. Now let's take Northwestern out of Liberty City and improvised inner-city black school. Funding for a school like Northwestern isn't allocated for a stadium even if it's space. Then again something I just thought about is Columbus has to play at Tropical park a shared stadium which is usual for private schools and if public high schools have their own stadium seating capacity must be high because of rivalry games.

Why doesn't Columbus play their home games at their own stadium? They have a beautiful field. Are the stands not if enough? No lights?

Belen plays their home games on campus.