BTW

Southridge

Carol City

Norland

Columbus

Jackson

Northwestern

Flanagan or AHP

No need to go out of state every year. There are enough teams within the state.

i've been dying to see central vs STA I wanted them to play when yal had that 2 headed monster in cook/yearby

I think because Central doesn't have a 10 game schedule is what's making the East Ridge game stand out. Honestly I think every team should have one cupcake game and in Central case why go up the road when you have plenty in Miami. Barbara Goleman, Hialeah Gardens, Westland Hialeah, Morning, Coral Park just naming a few. Here's my 10 game schedule for the Rockets.

Killian

First Coast

Southridge

Booker T. Washington

Norland district game

Jackson

Carol City district game

Northwestern district game

Miami

Southwest Miami

I think because Central doesn't have a 10 game schedule is what's making the East Ridge game stand out. Honestly I think every team should have one cupcake game and in Central case why go up the road when you have plenty in Miami. Barbara Goleman, Hialeah Gardens, Westland Hialeah, Morning, Coral Park just naming a few. Here's my 10 game schedule for the Rockets.

Killian

First Coast

Southridge

Booker T. Washington

Norland district game

Jackson

Carol City district game

Miami

Southwest Miami

2016 East Ridge will not be a cupcake. Perhaps for Central but I don't think they are as bad as what seems to be perceived. They are not in the class of a Central, but could be a 7 or 8 win type team. Goleman, Hialeah Gardens , Westland Hialeah, Morning and Coral Park would all probably get blasted by East Ridge.

Killian

First Coast

Southridge

Booker T. Washington

Norland district game

Jackson

Carol City district game

Miami

Southwest Miami

Playing SW and Miami High are the equivalent if not worse than playing East Ridge.

Let me clarify on what I've said. When I say every team needs a cupcake game on their schedule I was referring to the schools down here, instead of Central going up the road why not play someone down here. I know Miami and Southwest Miami are equivalent to East Ridge.

Because neither of those teams would even entertain the idea of playing Central.

East Ridge is better by a bit than a Goleman, Hialeah Gardens, Morning, Coral Park, etc. They will be about the level of a Jackson or Norland this year. Until Lake Minneola opened, East Ridge actually had a good football program, had a multi-year unbeaten regular season streak, and was able to beat Apopka in 2003. With the opening of the new school, you ended up with two schools that did not have enough talent to be competitive in the post season. Their new coach had a partial turnaround season last year. While I don't expect them to be competitive against Central, I give him credit for going up to the challenge.

In a twitter conversation with ER coach he stated he wants to have his team battle tested come playoff time.

That sounds about right. East Ridge participated in a scrimmage this week with: Osceola, Bishop Moore, and Apopka, three of the best teams in Central Florida. I am told that they held their own.

He is certainly trying to get his kids ready for a better level of competition. He is probably looking ahead to next year when attendance rules change dramatically. Lake Minneola, South Lake, and across the County line, West Orange, are all within commutable distance of ER. If he creates the impression that his program is on the upswing, it could definitely draw kids from these schools. My guess is that if he can keep the score respectable for a quarter to a half against Central, he will view it as mission accomplished. Of course this could backfire. I remember a couple years ago when Gainesville came in to Orlando to face Central with an undefeated record in the state game. Let's just say, things went downhill very quickly.

That sounds about right. East Ridge participated in a scrimmage this week with: Osceola, Bishop Moore, and Apopka, three of the best teams in Central Florida. I am told that they held their own.

He is certainly trying to get his kids ready for a better level of competition. He is probably looking ahead to next year when attendance rules change dramatically. Lake Minneola, South Lake, and across the County line, West Orange, are all within commutable distance of ER. If he creates the impression that his program is on the upswing, it could definitely draw kids from these schools. My guess is that if he can keep the score respectable for a quarter to a half against Central, he will view it as mission accomplished. Of course this could backfire. I remember a couple years ago when Gainesville came in to Orlando to face Central with an undefeated record in the state game. Let's just say, things went downhill very quickly.

I remember that team, their closest game all year was a 3 point win over us at home and had we gotten past Navarre we would have had a home game against them in 4th round but as we know Gainesville then got manhandled by central in title game and really haven't reached that level since

Nope.. It's at Miami Dade College North Campus where Mutiple Dade county teams call it home...

Just don't make a wrong turn in that area at night and get lost. You could end up with problems. Not saying it's bad at Traz, but it gets crazy at times. 

Not sure why Cocoa didn't do the return trip, It's not like Cocoa to slide out of a deal. Only thing I can assume is a scheduling problem happened. MC beat Cocoa by 20 that year but had to forfeit the game. We had Colerain in Ohio, Dallas Skyline in Texas and them MC at home, all in a row. It was a grueling schedule for 37 man roster. The MC game was a good game. MC's defense was lights out... no getting around that, they scored a FG in the 1st quarter, then run for 2 TD's in the second, Blanked in the 3rd and then another FG in the 4th. It was over though by the 3rd because Cocoa only move the ball past midfield maybe twice. Cocoa may have had less total yards in that game since as far back as I can remember. Still no excuse for not returning the game and playing MC at home and taking the medicine, good or bad. 

When 2 good teams play at Traz, the place is packed. It used to be a little scary walking around in the parking lot, but there are a lot of po po there now.

Just don't make a wrong turn in that area at night and get lost. You could end up with problems. Not saying it's bad at Traz, but it gets crazy at times.

Not sure why Cocoa didn't do the return trip, It's not like Cocoa to slide out of a deal. Only thing I can assume is a scheduling problem happened. MC beat Cocoa by 20 that year but had to forfeit the game. We had Colerain in Ohio, Dallas Skyline in Texas and them MC at home, all in a row. It was a grueling schedule for 37 man roster. The MC game was a good game. MC's defense was lights out... no getting around that, they scored a FG in the 1st quarter, then run for 2 TD's in the second, Blanked in the 3rd and then another FG in the 4th. It was over though by the 3rd because Cocoa only move the ball past midfield maybe twice. Cocoa may have had less total yards in that game since as far back as I can remember. Still no excuse for not returning the game and playing MC at home and taking the medicine, good or bad.

When 2 good teams play at Traz, the place is packed. It used to be a little scary walking around in the parking lot, but there are a lot of po po there now.

When you've gone there so many times over the years, you become use to it. It's really not that bad from the inside looking out.