Lake City Columbia 2022 Season Preview (more to come in August)

DisabledAccount

On 9/3/2022 at 10:29 PM, nolebull813 said:

Holy smokes. If Columbia doesn’t beat Deland they will at best go 4-5 like I predicted. They are lucky they have such a horrible 2nd half schedule. 

The teams in the district are combined 0-8 and Columbia has played the toughest 2 game slate 

They will be in the playoffs because they will win this district even with how bad the OL is and all those players that are calling for the coach to be fired I will enjoy when they come crawling back and pretending to support the program like a bunch of hypocrites because I will always side by my program despite what some liars in the community been saying about me 

1 minute ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

The teams in the district are combined 0-8 and Columbia has played the toughest 2 game slate 

They will be in the playoffs because they will win this district even with how bad the OL is and all those players that are calling for the coach to be fired I will enjoy when they come crawling back and pretending to support the program like a bunch of hypocrites because I will always side by my program despite what some liars in the community been saying about me 

The district is scary bad. Still will go 4-5 in the regular season. You said Middleburg was a good win for Hawthorne. Middleburg is hot garbage. You said CDS sucks. They went to NC and beat a decent team up there. How did you get placed with such horrible teams? This is the fallout from the area titles they created 

1 minute ago, nolebull813 said:

The district is scary bad. Still will go 4-5 in the regular season. You said Middleburg was a good win for Hawthorne. Middleburg is hot garbage. You said CDS sucks. They went to NC and beat a decent team up there. How did you get placed with such horrible teams? This is the fallout from the area titles they created 

It's because they decided to put us with Clay County instead of Tallahassee but we all know Lincoln is afraid of Columbia which is why they ran after Columbia kicked their ass in 2015 and since then they refuse to play us and being in the state capitol they were able to use political influence to keep us away 

3 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

And they were 

Then Bishop Kenny blew them out and the win was no longer impressive

15 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

It's because they decided to put us with Clay County instead of Tallahassee but we all know Lincoln is afraid of Columbia which is why they ran after Columbia kicked their ass in 2015 and since then they refuse to play us and being in the state capitol they were able to use political influence to keep us away 

Lincoln has no political influence. Especially when the FHSAA isn’t even in Tallahassee and is right down the road from you. They had to put you in that district for balancing purposes 

1 hour ago, nolebull813 said:

Middleburg is disposed waste at an elevated temperature 

And typically when teams get as many transfers as they did I take notice, seems they might have fooled a lot of people out there expecting a sudden boost to the top

Fine by me as it makes the path to the playoffs and proving you wrong that much easier 

Heck the last 4 games of Columbia schedule after TCA are a combined 0-8 and three of those teams (Orange Park, Middleburg and Ridgeview) are the only ones Columbia has to beat to make the playoffs and the last 2 are both in Lake City oh and Middleburg is one Columbia gets a bye week before 

People have very short term memories

I remember 2020 when Columbia started 0-5 on the season 

I also remember them beating Mainland and going to the elite 8 that year, Columbia was only the second team to beat Mainland that season. Only other team to do it was eventual 8a state champs Sanford Seminole

3 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

And typically when teams get as many transfers as they did I take notice, seems they might have fooled a lot of people out there expecting a sudden boost to the top

Fine by me as it makes the path to the playoffs and proving you wrong that much easier 

You have to remember the word “transfer” doesn’t mean “good”

They are not synonymous with each other

9 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

You have to remember the word “transfer” doesn’t mean “good”

They are not synonymous with each other

Most of the transfers Riverside got last year were not rated transfers but people still hyped the hell out of them last season

How is this any different?

And btw If we judge the last 30 years those 2 programs are very close together in accomplishments 

17 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Since 1990 each team has had about 75% of their seasons as the district cellar during that stretch

People only know about Riverside based on the last 5 seasons but before that they were a nobody and will soon be back to being a nobody

The only time they were good before that was when they had Corky

19 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Since 1990 each team has had about 75% of their seasons as the district cellar during that stretch

People only know about Riverside based on the last 5 seasons but before that they were a nobody and will soon be back to being a nobody

“So if you take out their most successful time, they suck like the rest of them!!!” Lol. 

What kinda backwards twisted view is that? 

18 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

“So if you take out their most successful time, they suck like the rest of them!!!” Lol. 

What kinda backwards twisted view is that? 

The point of it is by your logic Riverside shouldn't have been ranked based off those transfers last year but many polls did 

You can't turn around and say "well they have been good lately" they haven't been good consistently long enough to get a "powerhouse" treatment that some gave them last year 

Riverside and Middleburg are the same program historically, neither have been good for long and both spend the majority of their seasons in the cellar of the districts they are in 

4 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

The point of it is by your logic Riverside shouldn't have been ranked based off those transfers last year but many polls did 

You can't turn around and say "well they have been good lately" they haven't been good consistently long enough to get a "powerhouse" treatment that some gave them last year 

Riverside and Middleburg are the same program historically, neither have been good for long and both spend the majority of their seasons in the cellar of the districts they are in 

Bro you are smoking crack. Seek assistance immediately. 

in the last 20 years Robert E Lee is 121-82. 

Middleburg is 53-139!! 

Just looking at MaxPreps even though it only goes back to 2004 I can tell you right now if you took those records I would look at those years closely

For Example one of the years had THREE games played in May added to their record 

I saw a few games listed twice and another spring result or 2 added 

So again do you have year by year results?

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Just looking at MaxPreps even though it only goes back to 2004 I can tell you right now if you took those records I would look at those years closely

For Example one of the years had THREE games played in May added to their record 

I saw a few games listed twice and another spring result or 2 added 

So again do you have year by year results?

I did not do maxpreps like that 

16 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Middleburg didn’t make the playoffs once from 2004-2015

And Riverside didn't have a single playoff win in that stretch

So the reality is both programs haven't won much of anything the last 2 years 

You say Columbia is garbage, let's take Columbia record the last 20 years to compare to Riverside and see that