Comparison of 6 teams in 3S

DisabledAccount

57 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Nor DFB's "downgrades" :lol:.  I do think Jones and Edgewater should probably be in the top 5, along with STA, Jesuit and Dillard.  A few others have high expectations and the season will give them a chance to live their dream. 

It's because MaxPreps hasn't accounted for DFB losses yet minus maybe the ones that were from earlier in the spring 

And @THIS_IS_DILLARD I'll do a breakdown on 3M later in the week 

53 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Interesting jesuit is in 3M so how would that work for say Dillard or STA , let’s say Dillard beats STA for the district & Jesuit wins their district who would see Jesuit first or would it be like a state championship matchup possibly.

You all wouldn't have a chance to play Jesuit until state semifinals at the earliest because they in a different region

2 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

If you ask me the top 5 of this list would be 

1.STA

2. JESUIT 

3. DILLARD 

4.HOMESTEAD 

5. JONES 

Homestead may have a great squad, I have no dog in that hunt.  However, looking at other national ranking services they don't appear on any top 50 team lists in the state whereas both Jones and Edgewater do as does Tampa Bay Tech, Armwood and others.  Their judgement happens to be different than yours. 

1 minute ago, Ray Icaza said:

Homestead may have a great squad, I have no dog in that hunt.  However, looking at other national ranking services they don't appear on any top 50 team lists in the state whereas both Jones and Edgewater do as does Tampa Bay Tech, Armwood and others.  Their judgement happens to be different than yours. 

Fair enough, I’m just ready for the season to start so many great teams with even greater Potential & the matchups this year are even greater

4 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Got you got you, are the state championship games still in FTL ?

The FHSAA website lists the state championships In Tallahassee, December 8-10, and in Fort Lauderdale, December 15-17, with the specific classes at each site TBD.  Although would seem likely that the Suburban and Rural championship games would be in Tallahassee, and the Metro games in Fort Lauderdale.

1 hour ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Got you got you, are the state championship games still in FTL ?

I think it's Tallahassee and Fort Lauderdale but no idea how they will do it 

Personally I hope they do suburban and 1R in Tallahassee and the metro ones in Fort Lauderdale 

So Tallahassee (suburban) hosts those championships and Fort Lauderdale (metro) hosts those 

1 hour ago, Ray Icaza said:

Fortunately a certain expert who's far better than MaxPreps has a top 50 still to come for Florida so that may change

My take on you analysis is that listing a few star rated players on various 3s teams and seeing how numerous have some star rated players makes me feel you are not a real knowledge fan or coach of the sport. 3 s will be won by Naples High School and it will be a total shock if they don’t. They only lose to super teams from Northwestern or Miami Central in 6a now. 3s will be a snooze for them and they can start ordering their state rings along with cocoa in they substandard minor league division.

The same 6-7 teams in suburban will dominate just like the 6-7 teams who win state every year in old class system. Wont be done dramatic diversity of state champs every year. The teams who win will be teams who get to semi finals or state finals now. They just won’t have super dade and broward private schools stopping them from rings so they will win all the time .

19 minutes ago, Floridaatlantic1 said:

The suburban state title is like winning a triple A title in Major League Baseball. King of the the dipshots.

It depends on your perspective as the same could be said of Metro Title.  It's only made up of 8 of 67 counties and one of which is routinely beaten down by suburban programs.

59 minutes ago, Floridaatlantic1 said:

The suburban state title is like winning a triple A title in Major League Baseball. King of the the dipshots.

The triple A analogy has some creedence. Nulli did correctly point out though that the suburban teams were made up from 59 counties. Calling all "Dip$hits" is disingenuous at best, and very naive and juvenile at its worst. 

1 hour ago, Floridaatlantic1 said:

My take on you analysis is that listing a few star rated players on various 3s teams and seeing how numerous have some star rated players makes me feel you are not a real knowledge fan or coach of the sport. 3 s will be won by Naples High School and it will be a total shock if they don’t. They only lose to super teams from Northwestern or Miami Central in 6a now. 3s will be a snooze for them and they can start ordering their state rings along with cocoa in they substandard minor league division.

If Kramer is still there Naples should be as good as any suburban team. But calling it a cake walk and no comp in the whole class is bold as hell. Naples hasn't been the only suburban team knocked out by Miami. There's a team in my backyard ( TO NAME ONE ) who's 0-6 or 7 in the last decade or so. 

Last time mainland played Naples it got ugly. Mainland will be one of the few who could beat them. Kramer not head coach there but the team seems about the same. Naples gave Central and Northwestern some tough games but could not get over the hump. They should be favorites with maybe two others. Cocoa has no competition. If Venice is anything like last year no competition except from super recruiter Lakeland and maybe Osceola. When I say triple a.  I am not ripping these great schools. I am ripping dumb suburban idea in general where state made them second rate and ruined state champ idea. State just needed some balls and enforce a one year ban on transfers if not really moving in. Idea of getting parity was propaganda as we will see same schools win every year in suburban in Most divisions . Blow up system so a few annual state finalists or semi finalist get to get trophy seems dumb to me .

5 minutes ago, Floridaatlantic1 said:

Last time mainland played Naples it got ugly. Mainland will be one of the few who could beat them. Kramer not head coach there but the team seems about the same. Naples gave Central and Northwestern some tough games but could not get over the hump. They should be favorites with maybe two others. Cocoa has no competition. If Venice is anything like last year no competition except from super recruiter Lakeland and maybe Osceola. When I say triple a.  I am not ripping these great schools. I am ripping dumb suburban idea in general where state made them second rate and ruined state champ idea. State just needed some balls and enforce a one year ban on transfers if not really moving in. Idea of getting parity was propaganda as we will see same schools win every year in suburban in Most divisions . Blow up system so a few annual state finalists or semi finalist get to get trophy seems dumb to me .

I can agree with that.  This plan automatically robs both Metro/Suburban schools to prove it on the field and that's not right no matter how you slice it.

You listed mainland or Naples and the last time Columbia played mainland they went into the playoffs 1-5 and still sent Mainland home 

But I'm the one who doesn't know the sport? Who's your team Mr big shot since you got all the answers

How about this, when Columbia beats Naples ass in the finals your ass will get on here and tell me that your a clown who knows nothing about football and suburban is the best classification system ever 

So sure of your big mouth now?

They can't!! This has been established because it would violate state law thanks to a bunch of morons who gave a certain party control and they proceeded to screw over rural schools and the FHSAA by passing legislation that favored metro schools 

2 hours ago, Dan in Daytona said:

The triple A analogy has some creedence. Nulli did correctly point out though that the suburban teams were made up from 59 counties. Calling all "Dip$hits" is disingenuous at best, and very naive and juvenile at its worst. 

I'm thinking this is the most likely option

He's probably a fan of someone like Dillard who got a bunch of transfers but want to lie and act like they don't get any to downplay the clear disadvantage small rural schools are at when teams can recruit from a county of over 1M people and the FHSAA is powerless to stop it 

3 hours ago, Floridaatlantic1 said:

We will see who's the dumbass by the end of the season now won't we

They can go ahead and order it and ship it straight to Lake City along with your tears when you look like a clown for not only being so sure of it but also when you make stupid statements like that only to have to eat crow BECAUSE OF ME! 

You ain't a coach either, at least I hope not as you clearly don't deserve the right to coach if you want to call other teams dipshits like some child that needs to shit on the efforts of programs you know nothing about and talk crap about the kids and coaches who work their asses off in these programs to make yourself seem like some big shot

The collateral damage is metro schools squeezed into four divisions creating some crazy enrollment differences and putting the non recruiting schools in impossible districts. The new plan does even taint the metro title a little since not a state title but metro schools did not push for this idea and they do win most of title especially dade county and broward privates. 

2 minutes ago, Floridaatlantic1 said:

The collateral damage is metro schools squeezed into four divisions creating some crazy enrollment differences and putting the non recruiting schools in impossible districts. The new plan does even taint the metro title a little since not a state title but metro schools did not push for this idea and they do win most of title especially dade county and broward privates. 

If they had tried to only put a few recruiting schools together especially in areas like Jacksonville the players would have just left to go to another school and besides the FHSAA couldn't just separate a few of the "recruiting" teams as that would have gotten shut down by the state 

The private schools in Broward have had most of the success but they ain't the only ones getting transfers and Dade County has been dominated by publics who get more transfers than any private school in the state 

5 minutes ago, Floridaatlantic1 said:

Oh please 

The best team in Florida this year on paper may actually be Chaminade Madonna, they can compete, TCA can compete, Bolles can compete, Cardinal Gibbons can compete and under the current rules there is no advantage in Duval county or SFL for privates over publics in terms of getting transfers

The only thing holding back some of these metro teams Is putting effort into the program and getting the right coach, Riverside up in Jacksonville was winless in 2013 and in 3 years they were in the state semifinals after getting a bunch of transfers 

That's what happens in these metros, they get one good coach who can get talent to magically start coming over from other schools and they go from doormat to contender, the problem is in rural schools you can't just pick up 10-15 FBS players in a single off-season like you can in these metro areas and that is what people seem completely unable to process