Comparison of 6 teams in 3S

DisabledAccount

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

You listed mainland or Naples and the last time Columbia played mainland they went into the playoffs 1-5 and still sent Mainland home 

But I'm the one who doesn't know the sport? Who's your team Mr big shot since you got all the answers

How about this, when Columbia beats Naples ass in the finals your ass will get on here and tell me that your a clown who knows nothing about football and suburban is the best classification system ever 

So sure of your big mouth now?

"Bo, you've morphed into a take no prisoner's gunslinger from a nice controlled volunteer girl's softball coach. That ruff and tumble national off-topic message board has changed your persona to a new 'Cane's like assassin. You've grown up ! Keep the good work coming. Your insight is spot on.....just a fan here.       

In most metro areas, only a few teams are big recruiting schools. Which broward public is any good?  So your logic is that all teams should recruit and since it’s easier in big metro cities. Screw anyone who does not and separate. So that’s what high school sports is about and the morals we should teach. 90% of all schools in Florida have zero chance of a state championship. They just want a chance to compete and the new plan makes it harder for metro non cheater teams. Why destroy wholes system so three more suburb teams can win a state title instead of being a semi finalist or finalist. Who cares. We threw the baby out with the bath water for about six teams might have a ring. What a joke .

Many states have dealt with the same super cheater teams who dominate. Here is some ideas done in other states. Private divisions and public. Multiplier with transfer students where the team get pushed to higher classifications if they have so many transfers. Promotion of elite teams to higher levels so cheaters get to play each other in same division. You finish in top 8 two years in a row. Welcome to next division. These are pretty easy to implode t and would help all teams not just a few elites already 

24 minutes ago, Floridaatlantic1 said:

In most metro areas, only a few teams are big recruiting schools. Which broward public is any good?  So your logic is that all teams should recruit and since it’s easier in big metro cities. Screw anyone who does not and separate. So that’s what high school sports is about and the morals we should teach. 90% of all schools in Florida have zero chance of a state championship. They just want a chance to compete and the new plan makes it harder for metro non cheater teams. Why destroy wholes system so three more suburb teams can win a state title instead of being a semi finalist or finalist. Who cares. We threw the baby out with the bath water for about six teams might have a ring. What a joke .

By that logic I guess we should also say steroid players in baseball shouldn't be punished because "only a few do it" 

Great logic there, let's blame the rural schools who have been screwed over by the state instead of the metro cheaters because hey they can't compete anyway

No shit they can't compete, how many teams in the state can get 10-15 FBS transfers in a single off-season? Maybe a few teams like Lakeland or Cocoa? 

1 minute ago, Floridaatlantic1 said:

Many states have dealt with the same super cheater teams who dominate. Here is some ideas done in other states. Private divisions and public. Multiplier with transfer students where the team get pushed to higher classifications if they have so many transfers. Promotion of elite teams to higher levels so cheaters get to play each other in same division. You finish in top 8 two years in a row. Welcome to next division. These are pretty easy to implode t and would help all teams not just a few elites already 

Only one problem

The STATE OF FLORIDA LEGISLATION WILL BLOCK ANY FORM OF MULTIPLER OR SPLITTING OF PUBLICS AND PRIVATES

Have you not bothered to pay attention, and yet you say I'm clueless. Maybe read up on the state law that led to the wild west of transfers and why the state passed it and how the FHSAA can't actually do anything about it because the state of Florida won't back them on anything that restricts athlete movement

One last bash of suburban. How shady was it that the plan was conveniently changed to make it population density instead Olof population. Polk has one of the highest transfer cheating recruiting rates in state but made suburban for political reasons even they have a much higher population than many metro counties. Coincidence. I think not 

56 minutes ago, Dan in Daytona said:

"Bo, you've morphed into a take no prisoner's gunslinger from a nice controlled volunteer girl's softball coach. That ruff and tumble national off-topic message board has changed your persona to a new 'Cane's like assassin. You've grown up ! Keep the good work coming. Your insight is spot on.....just a fan here.       

I usually try to be reasonable but I guess I don't have as much of a filter as I used to have but part of it is because I've basically become independent of a specific team I haven't had to pull any punches 

Though I still respect you, it's too bad that in neither playoff trip mainland did to Lake City I got to meet up and say hi (still crazy that after not having any experience with Mainland we play them in the playoffs of two different sports in the same calendar year)

Just now, Floridaatlantic1 said:

I just have some ideas other state use. We know the good ole boy network in Florida will keep taking care of Lakewood at all other schools cost.  Promotion and demotion would be allowed under Florida laws 

Was already proposed a few years back and it didn't get past the first round of the advisory committees 

2 minutes ago, Floridaatlantic1 said:

One last bash of suburban. How shady was it that the plan was conveniently changed to make it population density instead Olof population. Polk has one of the highest transfer cheating recruiting rates in state but made suburban for political reasons even they have a much higher population than many metro counties. Coincidence. I think not 

Finally you say something I can agree with 

I've argued for years that a metro/suburban split was needed but I had a much different setup for mine and mine would have added Lee, Polk and Brevard as metro counties 

You want to know why Seminole county got put metro instead those 3?

Polk had 1, Lee had 2 and Brevard had 1 on the advisory committee that voted it in

So yeah those counties snuck into suburban because they had people to fight their battles at a state level but to say it's fair for Suwannee, Columbia, Baker County teams to be in districts with Duval, Broward, Hillsborough, Dade who can get 10-15 FBS transfers in a single off-season is dishonest

Just now, Floridaatlantic1 said:

Columbia. Your school did fine under old system why the need to change when Madison is still in your way. 

We ain't in the same classification as Madison, if we were in 1A we wouldn't have any reason to complain

My issue is having to share a classification with teams who can get 10-20 transfers in a single off-season and we pulling from a bunch of woodlands, we got a couple of transfers this off-season but it's nothing compared to what teams in the classification we were in for years would get

We were always gonna be screwed because we can't pull from a county of 1-3M people like Duval, Broward or Dade can and because of our classifications always having a national powerhouse in it we basically have to be a top 25 nationally level team just to win a state title under the previous system 

I had basically given up any hope of that because I knew we would never win a title again under the previous system because Columbia County just isn't large enough to keep up with the metros 

Hell if Buchholz who was basically a Gainesville all star team (had over 10 transfers) couldn't even compete for 1 quarter with STA what bloody chance do we have with Columbia County 

6 minutes ago, Floridaatlantic1 said:

That committee is worthless.  Fhsaa committee had few metro representation 

The committee makes decisions for their county and it's only a slight improvement over allowing the state leadership to make the decisions (I'm referring to state government not FHSAA) 

8 minutes ago, Floridaatlantic1 said:

In a perfect world. The fhsaa would actually punish recruiting but they can’t because of open enrollment so their hands tied but they could promote all super teams to 8a and let them bash each other’s heads In instead of the rest of the state 

Would be fine with that but I would want to see how it looks

But it's also an idea that likely wouldn't get support from the voting end because the people voting aren't voting for the states overall product but to benefit their own team 

Metro suburban is far from perfect but we need something different so we can at least see what can be done to hopefully build balance 

If this system somehow gets title games that are mostly competitive and playoffs that are mostly competitive than it's a success, we won't know until it plays out 

2 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

We ain't in the same classification as Madison, if we were in 1A we wouldn't have any reason to complain

My issue is having to share a classification with teams who can get 10-20 transfers in a single off-season and we pulling from a bunch of woodlands, we got a couple of transfers this off-season but it's nothing compared to what teams in the classification we were in for years would get

We were always gonna be screwed because we can't pull from a county of 1-3M people like Duval, Broward or Dade can and because of our classifications always having a national powerhouse in it we basically have to be a top 25 nationally level team just to win a state title under the previous system 

I had basically given up any hope of that because I knew we would never win a title again under the previous system because Columbia County just isn't large enough to keep up with the metros 

Hell if Buchholz who was basically a Gainesville all star team (had over 10 transfers) couldn't even compete for 1 quarter with STA what bloody chance do we have with Columbia County 

You act like down south is the capital for transfers. You can't tell me schools in Pensacola, Tallahassee, Jacksonville, Gainesville, Tampa and Orlando aren't getting transfers 

One thing is for sure 

The student enrollment alone with no adjustment for where a team pulls it's talent from is out of days and will never have gotten the state any form of competitive balance 

Hell even a transfer or metro multipler would probably have done something but I think that would violate state law since I did ask about that a few years ago and that was the impression I was given when I asked 

1 minute ago, FBGUY1989 said:

You act like down south is the capital for transfers. You can't tell me schools in Pensacola, Tallahassee, Jacksonville, Gainesville, Tampa and Orlando aren't getting transfers 

Actually I think Duval is on par if not worse than SFL in transfer (Jacksonville)

At least SFL is honest with their transfers

I have no doubts that all those cities have transfers and when I come across them I post them but to compare a rural town of like 10-30k being able to pull talent to any of the 8 metro counties or really even any county of 500k+ is without a doubt a complete disadvantage under the current wild west rules that the dumbasses in Tallahassee created 

43 minutes ago, Floridaatlantic1 said:

Remember, there was a metro representation that voted IN FAVOR of the split.  Blame everyone.

The ONLY county in the metro division that Polk is larger than is Seminole.  Then again, there are several counties larger than Seminole:

Lee
Polk
Brevard
Volusia
Pasco
Seminole

In all honesty when the metro/suburban plan was announced (based on population initially), I thought the population cutoff would've been 500K.

Well since Florida Atlantic basically said Naples will cruise to a title game I know he won't be able to say nothing if Columbia wins 3S because I'll just point back to all these predictions of Naples or Mainland to point out how much Columbia earned it because they were "outclassed" even though last time mainland played Columbia, mainland had their season ended and when's the last time Naples has beaten a state champion in any class?

But it's whatever, I don't need to justify anything for any program, the results on the field will do all the talking and these Talking head points that many want to create on thin lines and half baked arguments will blow up in smoke with just a few "upsets" in the playoffs 

21 minutes ago, Nulli Secundus said:

Remember, there was a metro representation that voted IN FAVOR of the split.  Blame everyone.

The ONLY county in the metro division that Polk is larger than is Seminole.  Then again, there are several counties larger than Seminole:

Lee
Polk
Brevard
Volusia
Pasco
Seminole

In all honesty when the metro/suburban plan was announced (based on population initially), I thought the population cutoff would've been 500K.

Honestly that is somewhat close to what I had in my system I wrote up 

9 hours ago, Floridaatlantic1 said:

In a perfect world. The fhsaa would actually punish recruiting but they can’t because of open enrollment so their hands tied but they could promote all super teams to 8a and let them bash each other’s heads In instead of the rest of the state 

I respectfully disagree.   The FHSAA can, indeed, punish recruiting.   Their hands may indeed be tied when it comes to transfers (so the "haves" schools will continue to attract kids from "have nots" schools), but recruiting is still prohibited.

That said, I'd be interested to know how many illegal recruiting cases were considered this past year by the FHSAA and how many schools were punished for breaking this rule.