Comparison of 6 teams in 3S

DisabledAccount

Columbia. You may beat Naples and we know your team is solid. My point is only about three to five teams in each division have a real shot at winning any suburban title except Cisco’s who has about a 95% chance of winning its title. No real parity. At least the real games will give us something else to talk about. Naples almost beat central a few times and northwestern once. If they can hang with them then they have a pretty good shot at competing in 3s.  Good luck this season as you are one of the lucky ones with a chance to win that 90%!of schools don’t have thanks to super privates and recruiting.

1 hour ago, Floridaatlantic1 said:

Columbia. You may beat Naples and we know your team is solid. My point is only about three to five teams in each division have a real shot at winning any suburban title except Cisco’s who has about a 95% chance of winning its title. No real parity. At least the real games will give us something else to talk about. Naples almost beat central a few times and northwestern once. If they can hang with them then they have a pretty good shot at competing in 3s.  Good luck this season as you are one of the lucky ones with a chance to win that 90%!of schools don’t have thanks to super privates and recruiting.

Miami Central and Northwestern are no better than any "Recruiting private"

1 hour ago, Floridaatlantic1 said:

So is that any different than before?

On 8/4/2022 at 6:30 PM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I said that Naples won't win 3S and if they don't like I predicted then this Florida Atlantic wannabe leaves the board 

If they do I will personally tell Josh to disable my account

If he's so sure what's the risk?

Naples is actually going to have a pretty solid team this year. Most of their squad from last year remains in tact and I think they had 2 offensive players with D-1 offers. I think they will at least make it to the regional finals. I might slightly favor them over someone like a Riverside or Mainland, but I think either Columbia or Rockledge would be a little too much for them.

Right now, Rockledge appears to be the overall favorite to win 3S but I seriously doubt that Naples and Columbia are going down easy. Will Columbia win? I do not know. Only Father Time does. I hope Columbia wins it all but it’s going to be tough. Best of luck to the Tigers.

2 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Naples is actually going to have a pretty solid team this year. Most of their squad from last year remains in tact and I think they had 2 offensive players with D-1 offers. I think they will at least make it to the regional finals. I might slightly favor them over someone like a Riverside or Mainland, but I think either Columbia or Rockledge would be a little too much for them.

Right now, Rockledge appears to be the overall favorite to win 3M but I seriously doubt that Naples and Columbia are going down easy. Will Columbia win? I do not know. Only Father Time does. I hope Columbia wins it all but it’s going to be tough. Best of luck to the Tigers.

Honestly looking at Rockledge roster I'm not sure why they are being seen as the favorite 

Columbia looks as loaded on paper as Rockledge is and yes people can say Columbia has a tendency to choke in the playoffs but so does Rockledge

I think right now between Columbia, Pine Forest, Rockledge, and Naples any could realistically win it with Vanguard and Mainland as potential dark horses 

Then you have solid teams like Lincoln, St Augustine and a few others who could pull an upset or two to shake things up, yes 3S will lack a true powerhouse but it's a pretty balanced class when you start digging into it with a lot of teams with the talent to compete with each other and teams that have had success over the years 

Slightly off topic... question for ColumbiaHighFan.  Are you too young to remember Yatil Green?  He was good friends with one of Fort Myers' players, Jammi German when he came to the U.  I got to know him very well and he was a great guy.  Love high school history and at one time, Fort Myers High had the most wins in the state until Lakeland, Manatee and your Lake City guys caught us.  We're now 4th.  Take care. 

3 hours ago, Wavebb said:

Slightly off topic... question for ColumbiaHighFan.  Are you too young to remember Yatil Green?  He was good friends with one of Fort Myers' players, Jammi German when he came to the U.  I got to know him very well and he was a great guy.  Love high school history and at one time, Fort Myers High had the most wins in the state until Lakeland, Manatee and your Lake City guys caught us.  We're now 4th.  Take care. 

I am too young to have seen him play but I do know the name, one of the best players to ever wear the purple and gold and probably could have ended up having a solid NFL career if his knee didn't give out on him so early in his career 

I heard he still lives in SFL and he's one of the few Columbia guys who made the NFL I haven't had the honor to meet personally

I've met Reinard Wilson, Jerome Carter, Brian Allen, Timmy Jernigan, Laremy Tunsil and Trey Marshall

While he didn't play for Columbia I also did get to meet Derrick Brooks and even got a signed football from him

On 8/3/2022 at 10:33 AM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

@nolebull813

Maybe you should share this with those wannabe experts over there on that stupid national board 

Columbia talent on paper is as good as Naples and rockledge who are projected to play for 3S title, if Columbia doesn't belong top 25 neither does Naples or Rockledge

Btw @Dr. D since you were actually able to navigate MaxPreps rankings I'm curious of something, what's the state ranking on MaxPreps of all the teams listed?

ColumbiaFan, sorry for the delayed response to you inquiry.  Here are the MaxPreps 3S and state rankings for your 3S Top 6:

Pine Forest (1 and 10); Rockledge (2 and 24); Naples (3 and 32); Ocala Vanguard (4 and 33); Mainland (5 and 35); Columbia (20 and 141).  

So 5 out of your 6 picks are right on the money.  Apparently MaxPreps hasn't gotten the word on Columbia.  Even worse, playoff seeding and at-large teams are going to be based on the MaxPreps ratings (absent the margin of victory component), so starting the season in a deep hole is problematic, as Columbia might have to go 10-0 or 9-1 to make up a lot of ground, or you could end up on the road in the playoffs a lot more than you would like.

On 8/5/2022 at 10:33 PM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Honestly looking at Rockledge roster I'm not sure why they are being seen as the favorite 

Columbia looks as loaded on paper as Rockledge is and yes people can say Columbia has a tendency to choke in the playoffs but so does Rockledge

I think right now between Columbia, Pine Forest, Rockledge, and Naples any could realistically win it with Vanguard and Mainland as potential dark horses 

Then you have solid teams like Lincoln, St Augustine and a few others who could pull an upset or two to shake things up, yes 3S will lack a true powerhouse but it's a pretty balanced class when you start digging into it with a lot of teams with the talent to compete with each other and teams that have had success over the years 

We will find out early on how good Rockledge is with their early and midseason schedule. Their offense has a ton of speed on the outside and defense should be very stout against the run. May get exposed in certain spots on pass defense, but they do have one of the top ranked DBs in country.

1 hour ago, KeemD321 said:

We will find out early on how good Rockledge is with their early and midseason schedule. Their offense has a ton of speed on the outside and defense should be very stout against the run. May get exposed in certain spots on pass defense, but they do have one of the top ranked DBs in country.

A good coaching staff can take you far. Their offensive line looked good in the spring game against Jones; there are some things to work on of course, but overall I liked what I saw and I think the Raiders are going to be a very formidable opponent for whomever they play.

1 hour ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

A good coaching staff can take you far. Their offensive line looked good in the spring game against Jones; there are some things to work on of course, but overall I liked what I saw and I think the Raiders are going to be a very formidable opponent for whomever they play.

They may very well be but Rockledge could also pull a Chamberlain and lose the opening round 

They just seem to trip over their own feet in the playoffs, Rockledge looks good until the bright lights come on but maybe it's their year to get back to at least the final 4

Not saying they can't but the last few years I thought Rockledge could make deep runs but several times they seemed to drop much earlier than they should with the hype they have going into the playoffs

On 8/7/2022 at 10:35 PM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

They may very well be but Rockledge could also pull a Chamberlain and lose the opening round 

They just seem to trip over their own feet in the playoffs, Rockledge looks good until the bright lights come on but maybe it's their year to get back to at least the final 4

Not saying they can't but the last few years I thought Rockledge could make deep runs but several times they seemed to drop much earlier than they should with the hype they have going into the playoffs

I agree with what you're saying but last season they made it as far as I thought they would with being one dimensional due to their QB being out. I give you the year they lost to the Tampa school. That was a surprise. But the seasons before that they had to face AHP. AHP ran through Brevard 3 straight playoff rounds.

This is the most hype I've seen built around them since the season they had the 2 headed monsters at RB and LT on defense.  If they are able to stay healthy, they will make a deep run to atleast the Final 4. Especially with tougher competition during the season in more than 3 games.

On 8/7/2022 at 9:33 PM, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

I'm definitely looking forward to week 1 for brevard county. Some big time competition for the top teams in Brevard this season. Even Melbourne has a better regular season schedule compared to last season. 

Rumblings in Brevard is that atleast 3 teams have a chance of making it to atleast the Final 4 or States. I personally only see 2 making it that far but they are touting up Melbourne as that possible third team. But looking at their classification its gonna be very tough for them.