Comparison of 6 teams in 3S

DisabledAccount

We should have 5 classes as a state max. Use enrollment as the criteria so it’s makes it simple in classifying teams. Let everyone play by the same rules. Enrollment changes and teams go up and down. You play teams from all over the “state”. Not just a few designated pockets. 

This is the state championship not the designated pocket championship. 

teams from the “suburban” class have won countless of titles over the years. No one makes a peep. Panhandle teams dominated the 80’s and early 90’s over the rest of the state. Not a peep. Hillsborough County went 30 years in between state titles. Nothing to see here. Orange was the same way. Decades between titles. Pinellas and Lee County have never won a title in the history of the sport!! 

i don’t wanna hear this bitching from people who want to twist every burn around so it allows teams that would never win a title in a real competitive bracket to feel good about themselves winning what amounts to the college basketball version of the NIT championship 

1 hour ago, skyway said:

There's definitely no guarantee that the metro champ is the best in that class size. Venice (suburban) blew out a couple of "metro" schools in the last playoffs. Lakeland has a long history of beating many "metro" schools, with three consecutive decisive wins over such schools in their last title year alone. Pine Forest very nearly knocked off Jesuit last year. I could go on.

Yeah Pine Forest played Jesuit better than MNW did (even though everyone except me ranked MNW as the 6a favorite in the preseason)

1 minute ago, nolebull813 said:

We should have 5 classes as a state max. Use enrollment as the criteria so it’s makes it simple in classifying teams. Let everyone play by the same rules. Enrollment changes and teams go up and down. You play teams from all over the “state”. Not just a few designated pockets. 

This is the state championship not the designated pocket championship. 

teams from the “suburban” class have won countless of titles over the years. No one makes a peep. Panhandle teams dominated the 80’s and early 90’s over the rest of the state. Not a peep. Hillsborough County went 30 years in between state titles. Nothing to see here. Orange was the same way. Decades between titles. Pinellas and Lee County have never won a title in the history of the sport!! 

i don’t wanna hear this bitching from people who want to twist every burn around so it allows teams that would never win a title in a real competitive bracket to feel good about themselves winning what amounts to the college basketball version of the NIT championship 

No it makes it outdated because enrollment was only EVER used because it was DETERMINED that using ENROLLMENT creates a COMPETITIVE BALANCE but with OPEN TRANSFER with SCHOOL CHOICE that method no longer serves the correct purpose 

Your just making excuses for an outdated system 

Also if there are 5 champions you don't have a true state championship so you can't have it both ways 

It doesn't make a damn difference how they break it down

Either it's ONE state title for the entire state or any number is correct because who's to say enrollment means a damn thing anymore

Why isn't colonial or Ferguson or Cypress Bay winning championships if student enrollment mattered

How can a 1a team beat an 8a playoff team during the season? It don't add up 

I've argued for years that student enrollment should not be the basis for classifications but I know Florida is too conservative to see that and if those people had their way we would still have runner ups guaranteed a playoff birth in 3 team districts and have some bullshit of flipping every year to determine who hosts in playoff games and having 4-6 teams hosting 9-1 teams when both won district because of some bracket flip even when the 4-6 team played and lost to the 9-1 team during the season

Change is necessary nolebull, you either adapt or fall behind and Florida unwillingness to make changes is why other states have passed them up 

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Also if there are 5 champions you don't have a true state championship so you can't have it both ways 

It doesn't make a damn difference how they break it down

Either it's ONE state title for the entire state or any number is correct because who's to say enrollment means a damn thing anymore

Why isn't colonial or Ferguson or Cypress Bay winning championships if student enrollment mattered

How can a 1a team beat an 8a playoff team during the season? It don't add up 

Those that decry the "True Champion" mantra have no answer to the question that we both bring up which  is why not just have 1 champion, like the NCAA instead of 5, 6, 7 or even 8.  Which of those is the "REAL" champion and not a designated pocket championship carve out for 2A or 7A, based on the BS enrollment formula.  Yet to hear a coherent response to that simple question.  What was that other song Perspective?  Oh Yes, Silence is Golden.

10 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Those that decry the "True Champion" mantra have no answer to the question that we both bring up which  is why not just have 1 champion, like the NCAA instead of 5, 6, 7 or even 8.  Which of those is the "REAL" champion and not a designated pocket championship carve out for 2A or 7A, based on the BS enrollment formula.  Yet to hear a coherent response to that simple question.  What was that other song Perspective?  Oh Yes, Silence is Golden.

The only people who would be against that are the coaches and ADs. I would love you see something like that play out. 

it’s funny that enrollment was perfectly fine when the panhandle was cranking out titles in record fashion and large counties like Hillsborough and Orange were going decades in between a team winning a title. 

But in the same time frame in todays age, it doesn’t suit the purpose for people with an agenda and they want to now change the rules they benefited from in the past because others have caught up. 

instead of getting better, let’s put the game on easy mode and pretend we are winning 

Just now, nolebull813 said:

The only people who would be against that are the coaches and ADs. I would love you see something like that play out. 

it’s funny that enrollment was perfectly fine when the panhandle was cranking out titles in record fashion and large counties like Hillsborough and Orange were going decades in between a team winning a title. 

But in the same time frame in todays age, it doesn’t suit the purpose for people with an agenda and they want to now change the rules they benefited from in the past because others have caught up. 

instead of getting better, let’s put the game on easy mode and pretend we are winning 

We didn't have teams getting 20 transfers in a single off-season without blinking an eye back then 

It's what you continue to ignore because it doesn't benefit your argument

What the hell good will that do when a team can get 20 FBS transfers without blinking an eye 

That's like saying rural schools like Columbia have to prove they can beat an IMG type school just to be considered good, do you realize how stupid that sounds? That a team doesn't deserve to win because a rural school can't pull together talent to hang with a school pulling in IMG level talent in a single off-season? Do you actually think about what that actually says about football in this state but you think having 2k kids in a school magically puts them on equal footing? Yeah right!

2 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Are you still ignoring the shift that took place in 2011 and cemented in place in 2016.  Your old examples aren't happening anymore so stop with the "They weren't crying when they were winning in 1998.  The Times They Are A Changing!

The issue that caused this change was always the fact that schools have gamed the school choice system to pull talent from an entire county and the dumbasses running this state made it illegal to separate these teams or even make a transfer multipler 

THIS CHANGE WAS BROUGHT ON BY PEOPLE WHO VOTED FOR THESE CLOWNS 

You keep saying every damn year that less classes would fix the problem, what does that do to stop these publics in metros from recruiting? How does school enrollment matter when a school can get 20 transfers in a single off-season? 

You can't even answer how reducing the classifications actually fixes that @nolebull813

It’s so funny that Baker High in the 80’s and 90’s won 4 titles. Union County win like 50 games in a row. Both routinely destroyed private schools.

But then as soon as teams like University Christian, North Florida Christian and Glades Day started to surpass them and achieve success ALL OF A SUDDEN ITS A PROBLEM!!!!!!

Now we gotta give the 1A teams their own little special class to make them feel better. Shaking my damn head. 

Hell when Madison County went to 1A I remember telling coach Coe kinda sarcastically “congrats on winning the next 4 titles” I believe they won 3 in that span. I forget. Now you hear crying about kicking Madison County out of 1A. 

point is there will always be bitching and crying and instead of caving you tell everyone to man up, get better and let’s have some good competition! 

It’s so funny that Baker High in the 80’s and 90’s won 4 titles. Union County win like 50 games in a row. Both routinely destroyed private schools.

But then as soon as teams like University Christian, North Florida Christian and Glades Day started to surpass them and achieve success ALL OF A SUDDEN ITS A PROBLEM!!!!!!

Now we gotta give the 1A teams their own little special class to make them feel better. Shaking my damn head. 

Hell when Madison County went to 1A I remember telling coach Coe kinda sarcastically “congrats on winning the next 4 titles” I believe they won 3 in that span. I forget. Now you hear crying about kicking Madison County out of 1A. 

point is there will always be bitching and crying and instead of caving you tell everyone to man up, get better and let’s have some good competition! 

Madison took 3 years to finally win in 1A

You call STA vs Buchholz good competition? Why because they similar sized?

Miami Central vs Lake Minneola was good competition? Miami Central was laughing after the first TD about how easy it was the second the kid crossed the goal line 

AHP vs Baker County was great? 

Give me a break, as long as student enrollment is used you will always have blowouts because IT DOESN'T MEAN A DAMN THING ANYMORE

I’m not even against the metro/suburban area titles as I am the amount of them. 

If they took 1A and put in the small suburb class, and just had 6 classes - 3 metro and 3 suburban I would be fine with that. 

but freaking 9 classes asinine. Not with 500 teams 

Okay finally something I could accept 

I do think they could easily merge some of the classes together but I stand by the fact that as long as school choice is active in the state of Florida, STUDENT ENROLLMENT IS POINTLESS WHEN IT COMES TO CLASSIFYING TEAMS

1 minute ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Madison took 3 years to finally win in 1A

You call STA vs Buchholz good competition? Why because they similar sized?

Miami Central vs Lake Minneola was good competition? Miami Central was laughing after the first TD about how easy it was the second the kid crossed the goal line 

AHP vs Baker County was great? 

Give me a break, as long as student enrollment is used you will always have blowouts because IT DOESN'T MEAN A DAMN THING ANYMORE

You are just cherry picking bullshit. What about AHP 35, Ponte Vedra 33?

Lakeland 38, STA 20??

STA vs Buchholz bad, but STA vs TBT ok. Gimme a break 

7 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Do you have a problem with GA having a rural class? Because I'm pretty sure Florida stole that idea from them 

Just now, nolebull813 said:

You are just cherry picking bullshit. What about AHP 35, Ponte Vedra 33?

Lakeland 38, STA 20??

STA vs Buchholz bad, but STA vs TBT ok. Gimme a break 

And your not?

Also Tampa Bay Tech and STA are both metro 

Lakeland (Polk) really should be metro too but it wouldn't have passed because they have a board member who was trying to game the system 

You mean a Ponte Vedra who had a Mr football at QB? How often does that one example happen? 

The majority of GA top teams are in the same class. On any given time Georgias top 10 will be around 8 teams from 7A and then maybe the top ranked teams from 5A, 6A. 

In FL every team get their special own class. We would have a top 10 with teams from 5 different classes. That’s embarrassing 

Metro STA has lost to suburban Lakeland 5 of 7 times in the finals 

And I personally think Polk County should have been put as a metro county as should Brevard and Lee County but when you have people on the board fighting for your interests you are able to game the system 

It doesn't mean that because a few teams who probably gamed the system that the idea in general isn't what has been needed for years 

Ever since school choice passed it's been far more important what county you pull from than what school size you are