Marquee “Kickoff Classic” matchups…

THIS_IS_DILLARD

1 minute ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Aye dat works to. Lol but u kno folks that don’t even go to Lincoln maybe out there cuz of the game 

Personally I think schools in areas like Tallahassee or Gainesville only get good numbers when the team is considered a state title contender though I think from experience Gainesville and Buchholz have better home numbers than what Lincoln had when I last saw them 

Granted they may have gotten stronger as a fanbase since 2017 but the last 4 games that I saw Columbia play at Gene Cox, Columbia brought more fans as the road team than Lincoln brought as a home team 

And 3 of those 4 games were playoff games 

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Personally I think schools in areas like Tallahassee or Gainesville only get good numbers when the team is considered a state title contender though I think from experience Gainesville and Buchholz have better home numbers than what Lincoln had when I last saw them 

Granted they may have gotten stronger as a fanbase since 2017 but the last 4 games that I saw Columbia play at Gene Cox, Columbia brought more fans as the road team than Lincoln brought as a home team 

Wheww Lawd smh lol and LINCOLN is in a bigger city. But they are calling themselves the best team in that part of Florida right now so we will see lol. 

7 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

That, but especially state rankings as MNW has achieved that elite program status over numerous years but Jones should not be overlooked as the last couple years they were good enough to reach the state championship round if not for being tripped up just prior to that goal.  Coach Elijah Williams has an extremely talented team anchored by one of the top LB's in the nation (Malik Bryant).

Jones will definitely be battle tested from their non-district schedule. Hopefully they can stay healthy entering the playoffs. 

Northwestern then week 1 at their old district rival Cocoa, a trip to Duncanville and more. I'm loving the schedules the top teams have this season.

5 hours ago, KeemD321 said:

Jones will definitely be battle tested from their non-district schedule. Hopefully they can stay healthy entering the playoffs. 

Northwestern then week 1 at their old district rival Cocoa, a trip to Duncanville and more. I'm loving the schedules the top teams have this season.

You are correct my friend when you stated:  Cocoa, Duncanville and MORE!!  The more includes Edgewater, West Orange, IMG Academy (national team), Boone and Dr. Phillips.  Staying healthy is an important component for the playoffs and these type of schedules sometimes are not conducive to that as I worry as much for a team like ours.  Most years first line talent can compete, but depth becomes an issue when injuries take out key players.  

8 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I think it depends on who's playing. When Northwestern played Rickards it was packed no seats to be had. Then again Gen Cox stadium isn't that big and it was a preseason game

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

How many of those fans were MNW? Also it's possible Rickards has a stronger fanbase than Lincoln

Well we will find out when Dillard plays Lincoln. Oh as for Northwestern they travel but especially if they consider it a big game so I can't say how many people at that game were supporting Northwestern 

13 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

You do know LINCOLN is a historical black school to right ? With rich Football tradition, add that with a school coming up from power south Florida school coming to them, they’re gonna have the whole tally at gen cox.

add this being famu weekend you can beat believe Dillard fina pack that stadium tf out lol.

not taking anything away from bih matchup next week with MNW and Jones.

Yeah but if y'all was playing Rickards I can say yes but I don't know about Lincoln 

53 minutes ago, FBGUY1989 said:

Well we will find out when Dillard plays Lincoln. Oh as for Northwestern they travel but especially if they consider it a big game so I can't say how many people at that game were supporting Northwestern 

And like I said the fan support may have improved since the last time Columbia played Lincoln

I can only judge their fanbase from what I personally saw when I watched them in those games because that's my experience with Lincoln

I think if Lincoln is undefeated or one loss by that point they may have good support but if they close to .500 they likely won't get much support that night

On 8/11/2022 at 9:55 AM, Ray Icaza said:

You are correct my friend when you stated:  Cocoa, Duncanville and MORE!!  The more includes Edgewater, West Orange, IMG Academy (national team), Boone and Dr. Phillips.  Staying healthy is an important component for the playoffs and these type of schedules sometimes are not conducive to that as I worry as much for a team like ours.  Most years first line talent can compete, but depth becomes an issue when injuries take out key players.  

That's so true, Cocoa already lost a top returning underclassmen in the secondary for the season.

1 hour ago, KeemD321 said:

That's so true, Cocoa already lost a top returning underclassmen in the secondary for the season.

Unfortunately, injuries are part of the game though I certainly feel for the young man who is out for the season.  We are pretty good depth wise with most position groups, but not all.  Losing a couple of key starters in that area would definitely have an impact.  I have seen the staff rotate a few more players recently from other positions to help with the numbers in the unlikely event that happens.  As my ole Boy Scout motto  preached, "Be Prepared".

42 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Unfortunately, injuries are part of the game though I certainly feel for the young man who is out for the season.  We are pretty good depth wise with most position groups, but not all.  Losing a couple of key starters in that area would definitely have an impact.  I have seen the staff rotate a few more players recently from other positions to help with the numbers in the unlikely event that happens.  As my ole Boy Scout motto  preached, "Be Prepared".

Looks like Cocoa has good depth at most positions this season. Also having younger guys that had experience from the past couple seasons also helps as well.

On 8/14/2022 at 4:44 PM, KeemD321 said:

Looks like Cocoa has good depth at most positions this season. Also having younger guys that had experience from the past couple seasons also helps as well.

We are blessed with an outstanding senior class that has been together entering their 4th year with tons of experience, but also have alot of talented young players (incoming Freshman and Soph's) that will continue the winning tradition.  Anxious for Friday night to arrive as I will most definitely be in Apopka come rain or shine to support our Kowboys.  Lightning??  Not so much. 

17 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

We are blessed with an outstanding senior class that has been together entering their 4th year with tons of experience, but also have alot of talented young players (incoming Freshman and Soph's) that will continue the winning tradition.  Anxious for Friday night to arrive as I will most definitely be in Apopka come rain or shine to support our Kowboys.  Lightning??  Not so much. 

Osceola will do just enough to sneak away with the victory. Apopka is tough, always. I will be rooting for your Kowboys to get the victory!