FINAL DILLARD 28 MIAMI NORLAND 14

THIS_IS_DILLARD

2 hours ago, cribboy305 said:

nahh mostly the northern section like north little river & liberty city as well as miami gardens & north miami. last year was an outlier of broward kids coming to play in dade. it’s usually the other way around, nontheless we weren’t speaking on central. the convo pertained to norland which is in opa locka. 

Norland is in Miami Gardens and has never been Opa-Locka. Norland feeds Opa-Locka students which now it's all Miami Gardens until 151th Street going south which turns into Opa-Locka 

3 hours ago, cribboy305 said:

nahh mostly the northern section like north little river & liberty city as well as miami gardens & north miami. last year was an outlier of broward kids coming to play in dade. it’s usually the other way around, nontheless we weren’t speaking on central. the convo pertained to norland which is in opa locka. 

Who in Broward is taking Central kids?

I haven't seen anything other than Central feeding on other teams kids the past few years in the off-season transfer movement, the only team that seems to consistently snatch a few of their kids is MNW who's nearly as bad as Central in the transfer department and both are far worse than any Broward private and DFB been the only one close the last decade in terms of transfers to those 2

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I haven't seen anything other than Central feeding on other teams kids the past few years in the off-season transfer movement, the only team that seems to consistently snatch a few of their kids is MNW who's nearly as bad as Central in the transfer department and both are far worse than any Broward private and DFB been the only one close the last decade in terms of transfers to those 2

But you know what's so bad is Deerfield Beach could never do anything with all the transfers they were getting. Can you or anyone give me a winning season from the past 6 years 

4 minutes ago, FBGUY1989 said:

But you know what's so bad is Deerfield Beach could never do anything with all the transfers they were getting. Can you or anyone give me a winning season from the past 6 years 

I wouldn't deny that 

DFB should have done more with their talent but it's not like they lost to scraps in the playoffs though argubly they are more loaded than Dillard is right now but Dillard is being seen as a state championship threat but DFB was seen as a choke artist

We will see how Dillard does this year but my point was more to the fact that despite what is pushed as the narrative, Central and MNW have always been worse with transfers than anyone in Broward County

2 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I wouldn't deny that 

DFB should have done more with their talent but it's not like they lost to scraps in the playoffs though argubly they are more loaded than Dillard is right now but Dillard is being seen as a state championship threat but DFB was seen as a choke artist

We will see how Dillard does this year but my point was more to the fact that despite what is pushed as the narrative, Central and MNW have always been worse with transfers than anyone in Broward County

None of Deerfield beach rosters the last 5-6 years was as loaded as Dillard is now. If I’m wrong show me the years and the stats to back it up. 

before any transfer came in this off season DILLARD was already a AT worst second round playoff team POTIENTALy regional final squad. I get where you were going with that and what you were saying tho so this is not a debate. 

im just ready for football season mane 

I wouldn't deny that 

And of course they have been because those are the “GO TO” schools up there, where if we lord here is guaranteed we’re gonna win. 

they don’t have a Dillard, chaminade, AHP, STA, Gibbons all less then 10 miles apart from each other. All great programs.

and out of all those schools I named ONLY Dillard is public. 

4 hours ago, FBGUY1989 said:

Norland is in Miami Gardens and has never been Opa-Locka. Norland feeds Opa-Locka students which now it's all Miami Gardens until 151th Street going south which turns into Opa-Locka 

I guarentee you if we by norland we not saying we in miami gardens. that is new, it’ll always opa locka or carol city but I guess

4 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I don’t want to get to naming bro, it was a whole miami gardens ravens team that went to st. thomas & chaminade. American heritage has relied on dade for every ring they got & if you think im lying check them rosters. any broward power has dade kids minus probably gibbons. lets keep it real. central attracts good kids but they also a feeder school. in miami these kids can go anywhere to play but eventually sometimes they end up coming back to they HOME SCHOOLS. lotta them kids stay right by eachother man, miami is not that spreadout. what you mad at kids for doing what they want?

3 hours ago, FBGUY1989 said:

Deerfield is 57-16 the past 6 years. By winning season I hope you meant championships. Because they are without a doubt very competitive and have had a winning season the past 6 years.

1 hour ago, cribboy305 said:

I don’t want to get to naming bro, it was a whole miami gardens ravens team that went to st. thomas & chaminade. American heritage has relied on dade for every ring they got & if you think im lying check them rosters. any broward power has dade kids minus probably gibbons. lets keep it real. central attracts good kids but they also a feeder school. in miami these kids can go anywhere to play but eventually sometimes they end up coming back to they HOME SCHOOLS. lotta them kids stay right by eachother man, miami is not that spreadout. what you mad at kids for doing what they want?

I'm not mad about kids going to whatever school they want but I do have a problem when people act like Miami Central only pulling from a few blocks which is a complete lie 

They pull from ALL of DADE and even from Broward

They are no better than STA but I also bet STA has more 4 year kids on their roster than Miami Central or Northwestern does 

2 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

None of Deerfield beach rosters the last 5-6 years was as loaded as Dillard is now. If I’m wrong show me the years and the stats to back it up. 

before any transfer came in this off season DILLARD was already a AT worst second round playoff team POTIENTALy regional final squad. I get where you were going with that and what you were saying tho so this is not a debate. 

im just ready for football season mane 

Idk where the last 5-6 years came from but I see the 2015 roster which would have upperclassmen from 2016 and 2017 class is deeper than Dillard currently if I take class of 23 and 24

Deerfield Beach

https://247sports.com/Season/2016-Football/Recruits/?&PlayerSport.PlayerInstitution.Institution.Key=9002

https://247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/Recruits/?&PlayerSport.PlayerInstitution.Institution.Key=9002

Dillard

https://247sports.com/Season/2023-Football/Recruits/?&PlayerSport.PlayerInstitution.Institution.Key=8993

https://247sports.com/Season/2024-Football/Recruits/?&PlayerSport.PlayerInstitution.Institution.Key=8993

Dillard is definitely got a solid amount of talent but unless these lists are missing 5-7 more 3* players that somehow got left off I would have to give the edge to DFB in 2015 which had those 2 loaded as bonkers classes 

Too bad 8A south was so damn loaded that year, it was probably on par with what 2M is being hyped as considering the overall depth of the 8A south that season, give that 2015 DFB team the 8a path of 2 or 3 years ago and they win state with that team 

And it's not a knock on Dillard, they are without a doubt the best public in Broward County heading into the year and that's reflected in my rankings

But the deeper you dig into some these teams Dillard argubly is not as loaded as some DFB teams were overall in mid 2010s but most will not recognize it because they failed to win state but you start naming the teams that beat them and they lost to equally elite teams 

I would put 2015 Flanagan up against any 8a champ the last 4-5 years and like my odds 

Hell Flanagan 2015 is probably better than a few of the recent STA teams

Go back and watch their state championship game, they made an argubly top 10 Osceola team look pedestrian in the finals after they ran through everyone in the playoffs

I'm not mad about kids going to whatever school they want but I do have a problem when people act like Miami Central only pulling from a few blocks which is a complete lie 

They are no better than STA but I also bet STA has more 4 year kids on their roster than Miami Central or Northwestern does 

I don't think anyone is denying the fact that Central and Northwestern get transfers in but in my opinion you make it as if it's the whole team when in fact that's not true. Central and Northwestern both have a huge boundary of talent to choose from shoot Liberty City is a foothold of talent by itself 

1 hour ago, FBGUY1989 said:

So why haven't they won a title 

Coaching and discipline, transfers and just talent can only take you so far. 

Same thing goes for Dillard this year. I’m hearing a lot of great things bout our o line, special teams and conditioning. But if none of that displays itself during this season vs the teams it matter against, all the transfers we got won’t matter. 

7 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

If I had to choose between going through this year's STA team to win a state title or 2015 Flanagan

I would take my chances with Aquinas

It would certainly be a close call as we lost to that Flanagan team that was loaded up with transfers in the state final.  They had 3 kids alone that ended up at Michigan with several other going to Division 1 schools from that one class. 

7 hours ago, FBGUY1989 said:

I don't think anyone is denying the fact that Central and Northwestern get transfers in but in my opinion you make it as if it's the whole team when in fact that's not true. Central and Northwestern both have a huge boundary of talent to choose from shoot Liberty City is a foothold of talent by itself 

thats what he doesn’t get. he thinks miami is like comlumbia or jacksonville, wherever them ppl reside at where you have to travel 20 miles to find a kid.

9 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

idk, i think you’re mad. Is it because those tigers of yours gets the transfers but for some reason they just can’t win anything…?

you talk as if miami central & the west has the whole miami when in fact the talent is very spread out. central just has been blessed with a more stable culture of winning. can’t blame kids for wanting to play for them. broward has been poaching dade kids since the beginning of time but no one bats an eye not even us in the city. now its a problem when 1 or 2 kids from broward play in dade. like just stop it. if you want your team to be better maybe you should go out and get kids to come or coach the school or something. transfers has been apart of the game and it isn’t going anywhere. get better & stop complaining.

6 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Coaching and discipline, transfers and just talent can only take you so far. 

Same thing goes for Dillard this year. I’m hearing a lot of great things bout our o line, special teams and conditioning. But if none of that displays itself during this season vs the teams it matter against, all the transfers we got won’t matter. 

i heard dillard got some of those kids from dfb so they definitely are stacked plus the studs they already had. the issue now is everyone jelling and playing cohesive football. dillard and western are making deep runs this year no doubt in my mind

1 hour ago, cribboy305 said:

idk, i think you’re mad. Is it because those tigers of yours gets the transfers but for some reason they just can’t win anything…?

you talk as if miami central & the west has the whole miami when in fact the talent is very spread out. central just has been blessed with a more stable culture of winning. can’t blame kids for wanting to play for them. broward has been poaching dade kids since the beginning of time but no one bats an eye not even us in the city. now its a problem when 1 or 2 kids from broward play in dade. like just stop it. if you want your team to be better maybe you should go out and get kids to come or coach the school or something. transfers has been apart of the game and it isn’t going anywhere. get better & stop complaining.

We may have gotten a few transfers this year but normally we are facing teams that are loaded in them 

So maybe before you make assumptions about programs you know nothing about do some damn research

The facts are MNW and Central got more transfers the last 5 years than any Broward private individually has in that stretch, Facts! 

Yet people want to always bitch about Broward privates recruiting when Central and MNW do the same thing, that's where my problem lies 

I'm sick of listening to public schools who want to load up on double digit transfers every year act like they all homegrown talent while bitching about privates recruiting

• THIS_IS_DILLARD changed the title to FINAL DILLARD 28 MIAMI NORLAND 14