STA vs BTW week 1 trend

DisabledAccount

if thats the case the only POWER HOUSES in south florida is BTW MIAMI CENTRAL AND ST THOMAS...and just recently american heritage plantation.

other then them nobody has sustained any type of dominance or excelence ...you have had a few 1 hit wonders who made it to state and a few that actually won it but a year later their back down to earth.

str8 up in order to stay a consistent power house u have to recruit and get high end transfers if not u may get a few wins here and a few their but your not coming home with nothing.

so by yall standards since winning it all almost every year or every other year then south florida only have 3 to 4 legit power houses

while the rest of us just trying to stay relevent.

Overall, I would say making it out of the 1st/2nd round on a consistent basis.

On a year by year basis, playing on or above the same level as the top teams and not having letdowns.

Dillard is a very good team......and it was a preseason game......but you can't let STA lay that many points on you. Luckily, their record is officially 0-0 and they have a full season to prove they belong in that category.

amen bro but sheesshhh the way STA is loaded it would have happend to anybody that night.

if thats the case the only POWER HOUSES in south florida is BTW MIAMI CENTRAL AND ST THOMAS...and just recently american heritage plantation.

other then them nobody has sustained any type of dominance or excelence ...you have had a few 1 hit wonders who made it to state and a few that actually won it but a year later their back down to earth.

str8 up in order to stay a consistent power house u have to recruit and get high end transfers if not u may get a few wins here and a few their but your not coming home with nothing.

so by yall standards since winning it all almost every year or every other year then south florida only have 3 to 4 legit power houses

while the rest of us just trying to stay relevent.

Their are many different views of what is considered a "powerhouse" I got to agree with gw, you don't have to win state every year but you got to be able to beat teams at or above your level consistently and be able to regularly make deep runs, I feel Columbia and Dillard are in similar place, both teams were powerhouses if you go back to the 90s and early 2000s but both have more to prove to reach "powerhouse" status

again even if u play it that way it will still be the same teams ....cooper city upset st tomas on their home field to be district champions should we call them a power house....miramar beat sta a few times but havent went deep in the playoffs or won anything since 09 she we call them a power house ....deerfield have managed 2 questionable wins over sta at home 2 out of the last 3 years but before after and in between what have they done... should we still call them a POWER HOUSE.! i mean the list can Go on and on.!! u witt not find consistency....in no other team but STA MIA CENTRAL BOOKER T....THAT HAS SUSTAINED DOMINANCE OVER GOOD TEAMS AND HAVE ANSWERD THE BELL IN THE PLAYOFFS so that mean i shouldnt here any other team being put in the power house status since thats the defenition of a power house im just saying.

Off the top of my head for South Florida ...

STA - Powerhouse

Dillard - Nope

Central - Powerhouse

AHP - Powerhouse 

AHD - Powerhouse but close to losing that status 

Flanagan - Almost a powerhouse

Oxbridge - Could possibly be a powerhouse soon

BTW - Powerhouse

Columbus - Maybe a powerhouse. This one can be debated. 

again even if u play it that way it will still be the same teams ....cooper city upset st tomas on their home field to be district champions should we call them a power house....miramar beat sta a few times but havent went deep in the playoffs or won anything since 09 she we call them a power house ....deerfield have managed 2 questionable wins over sta at home 2 out of the last 3 years but before after and in between what have they done... should we still call them a POWER HOUSE.! 

Cooper City - that was a silly thing to bring up

Miramar - Not a powerhouse. End of story. 

Deerfield - Not yet a powerhouse. 

Cooper City - that was a silly thing to bring up

Miramar - Not a powerhouse. End of story. 

Deerfield - Not yet a powerhouse.

exactly tho so basically other than naming schools who are almost power houses or have the potential to become power houses....you named BTW CENTAL STA AHP as all clear cut power houses the same 4 teams who recruit and get high end d1 5 or 4 star kids in every single year.!! which helps them remain in that power house status.

and as far as the other teams u meationed OXBRIDGE...RECRUITS TRANSFERS ....AHD ...RECRUITS TRANSFERS BOTH ALSO PRIVATE ....i mean all of this just helps soldifies my point that if your not BTW STA AHP AND MIA CENTRAL in south florida right now your not a power house.