South Florida “Top 15” going into 2022

THIS_IS_DILLARD

2 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

So does Lincoln but that doesn't automatically make them better at the other 21 spots on the field 

I still think that one player is making stranahan a bit overrated, they are a decent team but they no title threat like some rankings have tried to make it seem like 

Agree. They def not a title threat. But should b improved. 

9 minutes ago, Jullian said:

U can’t undervalue how good a Coach Roland was for central. Yeah the Rockets are loaded, but so are NW. Big decisions come in big games, that are pivotal to the outcome! How’s the new man gonna react? 
STA lost Taylor at DC. Who’s gonna fill in his shoes??? How many coaches have that type of experience? How’s Aquinas new QB? You can’t throw downfield, u lose to other talented teams! 
Someone said on here a coordinator for Dillard won’t matter????? Dillard’s coaching staff is the best it’s been in years. Dillard’s talent is as good as Cham, STA, Central, NW etc! BUT their OL is the key. That’s was their weakness last year. Till u build an OL like the Rockets, u won’t win the big one……..

I do agree that some are understating just how much of an impact Jason Taylor had, he may have been the best coach on the entire staff 

Roland was a great coach at Central but I do believe Central made the smart call getting someone already on the staff to fill the void as they can maintain what they have built and keep the same system and mentality

MNW "seems" loaded but people thought they were last year too and they lost to a team with less transfers and talent, I just don't think MNW is the same program they were a couple of years ago when they won state a few times, something seems missing

12 minutes ago, Jullian said:

U can’t undervalue how good a Coach Roland was for central. Yeah the Rockets are loaded, but so are NW. Big decisions come in big games, that are pivotal to the outcome! How’s the new man gonna react? 
STA lost Taylor at DC. Who’s gonna fill in his shoes??? How many coaches have that type of experience? How’s Aquinas new QB? You can’t throw downfield, u lose to other talented teams! 
Someone said on here a coordinator for Dillard won’t matter????? Dillard’s coaching staff is the best it’s been in years. Dillard’s talent is as good as Cham, STA, Central, NW etc! BUT their OL is the key. That’s was their weakness last year. Till u build an OL like the Rockets, u won’t win the big one……..

I also do think Dillard coaching staff is why they were able to pick up so many transfers

A lot of Broward County publics just don't have any stability with their coaching staff as coaches change left and right, if Dillard keeps it together they will continue to be the public that any kid that doesn't cross to Dade or go to a private will end up at for football

9 hours ago, SFLfootball said:

2018 was a few seasons ago. I think most people would say western has been a better team or more steady program recently. I could be wrong though. The people I talk to would agree though with what Coach Rack has been doing over there.  I do think Dillard should be better this year though. I just can’t put them higher in a preseason ranking yet though. It’s like what you always have said about Deerfield going into past seasons when they use to get a thousand transfers.  Have to prove it and they never could in playoffs. Let’s see if it’s different for Dillard. You guys should be sick though and expect better results. 

I watched Western's season documentary from last season. Seems to be a pretty good program.

49 minutes ago, Jullian said:

My lasting memory of Central (other than the 35-12 loss at SJB I watched in person) is of an offense that spreads the field with speed so as to run the ball about as much as Bill Castle runs it with a huge OL and awesome RBs. Can't recall many crucial decisions that had to be made during games for Central over the years!

10 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Really ??? 

only because I know what western is capable of this year. they have a SQUAD. but palmetto im still iffy on because the qb situation but to be fair im also not sure who you guys qb is either. other than that dillard & palmetto match up pretty evenly on defense but offense is the issue. Iknow dillard has playmakers all across the field but I have yet to see what dillard does with all that talent. by game 3 we’ll know.

5 hours ago, FBGUY1989 said:

If Coach Luke was on here including myself we'd all get cussed out. Nobody has mentioned Edison lol

lol ian go lie I forgot about them boys. It’s alotta pressure down south so It’s easy to lose teams like that. I think they top 15 tho, They have it all this year from backs to receivers, the trenches is yet to show itself. I like booker t to rise back to the top past edison tho pretty soon. Coach ice has some young guys over in town & they look hungry to put that tornado back on the map. 

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I do agree that some are understating just how much of an impact Jason Taylor had, he may have been the best coach on the entire staff 

Roland was a great coach at Central but I do believe Central made the smart call getting someone already on the staff to fill the void as they can maintain what they have built and keep the same system and mentality

MNW "seems" loaded but people thought they were last year too and they lost to a team with less transfers and talent, I just don't think MNW is the same program they were a couple of years ago when they won state a few times, something seems missing

MNW only is 2 years removed from a title. 2020 I believe heritage escaped with that w by the grace of christ himself. the west played a terrible ball game while being in the redzone 10+ times only to get 3 points & lose 12-3. 2021 they were not stacked in the least. everyone down here knows we probably had the weakest squad we’ve had in years last year but because of our athletes we were able to make it pretty far. This year we still aren’t that stacked, we’re just way more mature with florida’s top qb being a senior and stable of db’s & receivers and a more mature ol&dl with a tough schedule. I like us to beat chaminade & give central everything they can handle. Don’t forget its them bulls who you talking bout.

14 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I have Pahokee in my Palm Beach County top 10

Palm Beach Top 10

Palm Beach Central

Benjamin

Glades Central

Cardinal Newman

Wellington

Santaluces

Palm Beach Gardens

Atlantic Delray Beach

Dwyer

Pahokee

Pahokee is going to beat every team above them! End of the year, Pahokee will be the best team in Palm Beach County! Well Willington and Santaluces is not on the schedule

SFL Top 25 

1. St Thomas Aquinas

2. Miami Central 

3.Chaminade Madonna

4. Dillard

5. Miami Northwestern

6.Cardinal Gibbons

7.American Heritage Plantation

8. Gulliver Prep

9. Homestead

10. Miami Columbus

11. Miami Palmetto

12. Miami Booker T Washington

13. Pahokee

14. Western

15. Atlantic

16. Palm Beach Central

17.  Benjamin

18. Plantation

19. Stranahan

20. Cardinal Newman

21. Palm Beach Gardens

22. Monsignor Pace

23. Wellington

24. Glades Central

25. Monarch

Pahokee Schedule

Thu, 8/25

6:30pm

Cardinal NewmanWest Palm Beach

Home • Non-District

Fri, 9/2

BenjaminPalm Beach Gardens

Home • Non-District

Fri, 9/9

Palm Beach LakesWest Palm Beach

Home • Non-District

Fri, 9/16

Palm Beach CentralWellington

Away • Non-District

Fri, 9/23

Palm Beach Gardens

Away • Non-District

Thu, 9/29

DwyerPalm Beach Gardens

Home • Non-District

Fri, 10/7

AtlanticDelray Beach

Home • Non-District

Fri, 10/21

Clewiston

Home • Non-District

Fri, 11/4

Glades CentralBelle Glade

37 minutes ago, cribboy305 said:

MNW only is 2 years removed from a title. 2020 I believe heritage escaped with that w by the grace of christ himself. the west played a terrible ball game while being in the redzone 10+ times only to get 3 points & lose 12-3. 2021 they were not stacked in the least. everyone down here knows we probably had the weakest squad we’ve had in years last year but because of our athletes we were able to make it pretty far. This year we still aren’t that stacked, we’re just way more mature with florida’s top qb being a senior and stable of db’s & receivers and a more mature ol&dl with a tough schedule. I like us to beat chaminade & give central everything they can handle. Don’t forget its them bulls who you talking bout.

Yet most people I saw talking still thought they would cruise to a 6A title 

I'm fully aware of the Bulls history as a SFL powerhouse, making it out of 2M region 4 will be tough but they may very well do just that but I have my doubts, like you said they still aren't stacked but obviously games with Chaminade and Central will tell us where the Bulls stand so they control their destiny on the field 

2 hours ago, Jullian said:

I don’t think 1 player makes Stranahan a title contender, but when comparing to Monarch and those types I think they are better. 

I mentioned the coordinator. It wasn’t really about Dillard as much as it was I don’t think the other school is going to fall apart because a coordinator left. 

15 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Palm Beach Top 10

Palm Beach Central

Benjamin

Glades Central

Cardinal Newman

Wellington

Santaluces

Palm Beach Gardens

Atlantic Delray Beach

Dwyer

Pahokee

PK plays 5 of your top 10 (PB Central, Glades Central, Dwyer, Gardens, and Cardinal Newman). Just curious how you had GC at #17 in your So. Fla top 25 and PK wasn’t ranked, when we shut them out last year and return more starters then they do. That was all. 

4 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Being on the same staff is always a good hire, but moving up to HC & filling a legend’s shoes, is mega pressure. 
I know AHP  is talented BUT, here again, filling Surtain’s shoes is HUGE !! So u fill his position with the Strength Coach…….hmmmmm

U Know BTW is gonna be better, even with less talent than usual, because of Ice Harris! Another coaching legend!!!! 

2 hours ago, 561_Fan said:

PK plays 5 of your top 10 (PB Central, Glades Central, Dwyer, Gardens, and Cardinal Newman). Just curious how you had GC at #17 in your So. Fla top 25 and PK wasn’t ranked, when we shut them out last year and return more starters then they do. That was all. 

Bout time for Pahokee & GC to start flexing again. PBC been good for a few years. Dwyer fell off the wagon(Daniels!!!)
Park Vista has been generous giving all their talent away!!! What happened to Atlantic???? PBG/PBL at best mediocre,  CN lost sum players. Was surprised they would leave Daniels…….

Question: why can’t the school in Riviera Beach, Suncoast (?), do anything? Great area for athletes. 

5 hours ago, Jullian said:

When you’re right, you’re right. 

1 hour ago, Jullian said:

Bout time for Pahokee & GC to start flexing again. PBC been good for a few years. Dwyer fell off the wagon(Daniels!!!)
Park Vista has been generous giving all their talent away!!! What happened to Atlantic???? PBG/PBL at best mediocre,  CN lost sum players. Was surprised they would leave Daniels…….

Question: why can’t the school in Riviera Beach, Suncoast (?), do anything? Great area for athletes. 

Suncoast is a IB/Magnet (I think) school and academically they’re usually ranked 5-10 nationally. Most of the top talent (athletically) attends Dwyer, Lakes, or Gardens. Inlet Grove (Charter School) is trying to keep the local kids who aren’t admitted/attending Suncoast.

My opinion is there are to many High Schools in PBC and that’s why the public schools struggle. Dwyer, Lakes, Gardens, and Jupiter are about 10 minutes from each other and on the same road. Pahokee/Belle Glade have 1 school and that’s why they have more success than the rest, but a lot of families are moving away (jobs) from the Muck. Palm Beach Central has about 5/6 starters from PK/BG

22 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Palm Beach Top 10

Palm Beach Central

Benjamin

Glades Central

Cardinal Newman

Wellington

Santaluces

Palm Beach Gardens

Atlantic Delray Beach

Dwyer

Pahokee

I appreciate the love “C” but Pahokee should be on your list as well they are easily at top 5 in palm beach county. 

11 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

On 8/6/2022 at 6:48 PM, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

We’re 2 weeks away from kick off of the 2022 season, we have a lot of great teams, great matchups & a few dark horses. 

so if I had to rank the top 15, this is how it would look. 

#1. MIAMI central 

#2. chaminade Madonna 

#3. St THOMAS 

#4. Miami northwestern 

#5. Dillard 

#6 homestead

# 7American heritage 

#8 western 

#9 cardinal gibbons 

#10 Gulliver prep 

#11 plantation 

#12 Columbus