ITG NEXT - Florida Rankings

ohs vargas

• ohs vargas changed the title to ITG NEXT - Florida Rankings

1 minute ago, ohs vargas said:

Worst Florida TOP 25 ranking i have seen in a while.

A lot of things wrong with this list but not having Chaminade Madonna in the top 25 is just mind blowing LOLLLLLLLLLL

I believe that those rankings are only for the four highest classes 4 and 3 Metro and Suburban. So that would explain the absence of Chaminade. 

Just now, DarterBlue2 said:

I believe that those rankings are only for the four highest classes 4 and 3 Metro and Suburban. So that would explain the absence of Chaminade. 

I just seen that my mistake, i fixed my comment. 

However, the list just doesnt make sense to me. 

Having Lake Gibson so high still and I know Tampa bay Tech is good but I cant Justify them being that high 

11 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Where are CMD and Miami Central? Arguably the 2 best teams in the state coming into the season and not even on the list. Miami Central should be number 1 and CMD should be number 2. Then STA, Dillard, MNW, etc etc. 

I'm pretty sure Miami Central is a 2M school.  CMD may even be a 1M school. 

Arguably one of the few times where size doesn't matter.  :P

49 minutes ago, ohs vargas said:

Opinions on this list?

Jesuit at 3, Venice at 4, TBT at 6,PF at 8, Bucholz at 9 and Lake Gibson at 15 suggest these rankings are just continuing on where last season left off. In that case, Lakeland should not be in the top 10. If, on the other hand, the idea was to make an educated guess as to how good the 2022 teams will be, it's a stupid list. No Chaminade is further proof of it.

Guys, right under "Preseason Top 25," it says that the list is for "Florida Class 4-3 M/S."    Neither Miami Central nor Chaminade are in Class 3 or 4.   So, I'll cut the list maker a break for not including teams that aren't in the designated classification.   I won't cut them a break for including IMG.  

9 minutes ago, Perspective said:

Guys, right under "Preseason Top 25," it says that the list is for "Florida Class 4-3 M/S."    Neither Miami Central nor Chaminade are in Class 3 or 4.   So, I'll cut the list maker a break for not including teams that aren't in the designated classification.   I won't cut them a break for including IMG.  

Funny how this topic can get folks blood boiling when I agree with you they are meaningless without 4 or 5 games under your belt.  Just have to laugh at all the reactions or should I say Over Reaction. :D

Another poll not as good as mine and yes I'm aware of the 3-4 M/S part but they also have the other one for the other classes which is just as bad 

This poll is barely decent if you consider it just a continuation of last year but if this is a prediction for this year it's pretty bad 

Hopefully the early season will prove their lack of homework and get them to step up their quality in work to the level I did with my rankings

5 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

These rankings SCREAM! That is was made by someone from north Florida.

dillard at 22?? But hey let the season begin!!

No it screams it was made by someone who didn't do their research

I can think of several North Florida teams who belong a hell a lot more than the teams they ranked 

19 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

No it screams it was made by someone who didn't do their research

I can think of several North Florida teams who belong a hell a lot more than the teams they ranked 

Either or lol the list still boo boo lol. For ex pine forest at 8? Dillard would smoke the bird off their helmet lmao lol. 

but aye starting next week we will see what’s good. 

31 minutes ago, Jullian said:

Thought the ITG 1 & 2 rankings were interesting too. 

Guess it's a good time to get some more Over Reactions when you see the MaxPreps top 25, also top 50 that was just emailed to me.  Tried to drag the file on this post but I guess it is too large.  And yes Dillard will be thrilled coming in at #36 and we are also at #47.:lol:

2 hours ago, Jullian said:

I think Aquinas is too high. I’d put Columbus in the top 10. Lakeland ahead of Venice. Dillard at 22 is pretty funny. That’s a stout top 10. Perhaps Buchholtz & Pine Forrest out, with Dillard in. I don’t think it was that bad…..!

Did you get a chance to see my rankings?

1 hour ago, Ray Icaza said:

Guess it's a good time to get some more Over Reactions when you see the MaxPreps top 25, also top 50 that was just emailed to me.  Tried to drag the file on this post but I guess it is too large.  And yes Dillard will be thrilled coming in at #36 and we are also at #47.:lol:

2 hours ago, Jullian said:

Thought the ITG 1 & 2 rankings were interesting too. 

Maybe the rankings wouldn't have looked as bad if I hadn't released mine so recently :P

22 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Either or lol the list still boo boo lol. For ex pine forest at 8? Dillard would smoke the bird off their helmet lmao lol. 

but aye starting next week we will see what’s good. 

Are tickets for Norland at the gate next week. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Unions want their members compensated. Districts are slow to compensate teachers and coaches, period. Because ultimately coaches/sponsors are extracurriculars, and not the primary focus of the district despite what some on this board would have you believe. Make it easy, ask your local principal how many teaching openings they have this year in their faculty, ask how much turnover will exist in their ranks this summer, and when they replace them, how many will be highly qualified teachers. Ask the AD how many of their coaches are not highly qualified. The problem from the district and unions' perspective is that there isn't a coaching shortage, somebody always wants to be a coach, but few want to be a math teacher or special education and have their career tied to a test that they have no control over. So just like in the business world, you should pay more to get a person to do the job if nobody is willing to do it. Now if you want to blame the unions, blame them and the districts for not being flexible in salaries for areas of critical needs/shortages. Despite their being a shortage, it isn't a universal shortage. Florida isn't struggling for social studies teachers, PE teachers, or elementary teachers, but secondary math, science, english, special ed (all levels), and world languages. Unions/districts have been reluctant to give extra pay to those subjects to entice people to enter the field, but notice, PE teacher isn't on that list. __________________ To give an idea of what will happen, let's use Madison County (since they were mentioned in an above post). Madison County has 30 head coaches and JV/assistant coaches (including cheerleading). The total amount of salaries that they put to those positions is %66,706. Madison County had a budget of $24 million, so .27% of their total budget. If the proposed bill passes, Madison County would spend 322,500, which represents 1.34% of their budget, about 4.8 times more than current. Now, if the state legislature would simple just add the $260,000 onto the budget, the unions wouldn't care other than making sure that all assistant/jv/and non mentioned coaches from the PB Post article are included. But that isn't what will happen, instead it will be a specific line in the budget from the state legislature, similar to technology or textbooks, money will be required to be spent on the salaries and the state will offer no additional funding (or they will only do it for 2 or 3 years, and when there are new priorities, they will still require it but provide no funding for it). Now, if they offer no additional funding, what happens is that money comes from somewhere in the budget. Considering that that this be part of "teacher salaries", that means it will be pulled from general instructional salaries portion of the budget, which means less money for teachers. So yes, teachers will be upset when the state legislature yet again promises something and then underdelivers (see making the starting salary $47,500).
    • low pay and high expense on housing, while are in the talks, coaches are leaving becuase of resources.  Mike Coe of coffee who was at union county and was a state championship contender year in and out, leaves to go to ga, in 3 seasons they went 15-0 this past yr, have an indoor field being built, makes a ton of money, all his 20 coaches do as well.  resources, the ability to say if we want something, we dont have to sell discount cards and do car washes to buy 10 helmets, we go to people with power/money/boosters/etc and say we need 10 helmets.  look up his twitter, thats where this all came from. camden county and travis roland, same deal.  win a title at mainland and goes fundraising the next week.  or go to camden, takes his staff, make more money, have incredible resources to facilitate what a state championship program should look like, same-read his twitter. id say majority of coaches would work in FL for what coaches rate is, if there were resources available that if you ask for it, its done.  not having to spend the summer selling cards or raffle tickets or whatever they do....
    • The rationale for allowing unlimited transfers, while also allowing an effectively unregulated "NIL" market, is that players should be able to do ANYTHING that helps them better themselves. ANY limits or regulations are said to be immoral, and probably rooted in "white supremacy". Welp, imagine a player playing on a team that's getting their butts kicked. You can't argue that it wouldn't improve his marketability to simply take off his uniform and walk over to the other sideline during the game. NOW, he's on the WINNING team. It would be MUCH better for the player to be on the winning team than to be a no-good loser. And, since "equity" is seen as THE most (if not only) important thing-whereby "equity" is defined and measured by the equivalence (or lack thereof) of outcomes- allowing all of the players on the losing team to simply leave and join the winning team, it all makes perfect sense!* *While bitter sarcasm was employed here, this is not really a joke. Using the current rationale, the above IS consistent with the rationale.
    • Teachers are sometimes their own worst enemies.
    • This is a bit of an incoherent mess. The matter of parents' rights is separate from teacher/coaches pay and teacher certification. All are valid, but distinct, concerns. 
  • Popular Contributors