KICKOFF CLASSICS PREDICTIONS

THIS_IS_DILLARD

I've yet to confirm it but someone mentioned earlier that Columbia vs Suwannee will be JV first half and varsity second half

I'll probably go to the QB club meeting on Monday and find out if that's truly the case but after what I saw from the scrimmage today I want to see how they do against Suwannee to truly know where Columbia stands 

3 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Kickoff classics start next week, what are you guys predictions. Let’s get some football convo started round here lol. 

Columbia pounds the snot out of Suwannee

Miami Norland loses to Dillard in a low-scoring affair, I could see Dillard winning big though 

Venice shocks IMG and finally ends their losing streak against the Ascenders

Jones finds a way to make things interesting, but doesn’t have enough horsepower to keep up with The West 

Sarasota defeats Tampa Catholic and proves that they are a program on the rise

9 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Miami Norland loses to Dillard in a low-scoring affair, I could see Dillard winning big though 

Jones finds a way to make things interesting, but doesn’t have enough horsepower to keep up with The West 

Only thing that concerns me about our KOC is that if it’s truly gonna b no kick offs & a running clock all 4 quarters what type of game will that really be. Will our stars play little to none at all. 

10 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

I got MNW 42-14 over jones. 

venice & img is a game where I’m rooting for your Indians. It seem img lost a lot but in the end who really knows.

11 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

I did I miss something ? When was swuanne ever a team to measure your program against in football? 

but again I know nothing about that area so what do I know lol

Just now, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Only thing that concerns me about our KOC is that if it’s truly gonna b no kick offs & a running clock all 4 quarters what type of game will that really be. Will our stars play little to none at all. 

Game will be over in an hour, but you can learn a lot in an hour. Honestly I see Norland sticking with you guys for a little bit, but I really don’t think they have the stamina to compete with Dillard all game long.. DILLARD 31 MN 14

Just now, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I did I miss something ? When was swuanne ever a team to measure your program against in football? 

Columbia and Suwannee are bitter rivals. It hasn’t been the rivalry of old in recent years, though. Very one-sided in favor of Columbia. Just a testament to what a good program Columbia have built. Columbia is playing them just for the sake of beating them into the ground and proving they are a threat in 3AS. Going to be painful to watch, LOL

12 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Columbia and Suwannee are bitter rivals. It hasn’t been the rivalry of old in recent years, though. Very one-sided in favor of Columbia. Just a testament to what a good program Columbia have built. Columbia is playing them just for the sake of beating them into the ground and proving they are a threat in 3AS. Going to be painful to watch, LOL

The game is a Kickoff Classic for 2 years with the idea it will get put back on the regular season schedule after that but overall from what I saw today Columbia still has a ways to go before they can be the threat in 3S that they have the potential to be

Defense basically squashed offense today in the team scrimmage and with our starting RB down and lacking depth at the position and the OL still showing inconsistent performances after having a good week at practice I need to see more 

Suwannee should be a good test to see if they can put it together but the real test will be Buchholz the following week when we can hopefully get some injured players back for 

11 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Suwannee is a bordering county rival, it would basically be if Dillard and Miami Central played basically every year since the 1940s just with less talent on the field 

Suwannee used to "occasionally" beat Columbia but their last win was 2007 and I believe Suwannee has only won 4 times since 1995 but it still means something to the traditionalists in the two communities

To me they are just a speed bump to get the season going and see about building chemistry as a team and an opportunity to shut them up after they were running their mouths two years ago that they could have beaten Columbia

17 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

venice & img is a game where I’m rooting for your Indians. It seem img lost a lot but in the end who really knows.

Jones will score more than 14. Will they score enough to win? That I don't know. If the West were about at last year's level, Jones would have a real shot. If they are a lot better then we will see ... 

25 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

42-14??? That’s a Beatdown. Lot closer than that. 31-21 Bulls. 
Panthers -17 over Norland. 
Apopka over Osceola. Close. 

22 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

The game is a Kickoff Classic for 2 years with the idea it will get put back on the regular season schedule after that but overall from what I saw today Columbia still has a ways to go before they can be the threat in 3S that they have the potential to be

Defense basically squashed offense today in the team scrimmage and with our starting RB down and lacking depth at the position and the OL still showing inconsistent performances after having a good week at practice I need to see more 

Suwannee should be a good test to see if they can put it together but the real test will be Buchholz the following week when we can hopefully get some injured players back for 

Come on you know that they will get it together, lol. I expect Columbia to beat Suwannee. Buchholz might be a little bit more of a stretch, but with a good game plan I could see your Tigers taking both games. Will have to wait and see what happens. 

6 minutes ago, Jullian said:

Though I usually agree with mostly everything you say, have to disagree on the last one. I think Osceola will do just enough to sneak away with a win over Apopka. Very good game, though! 

41 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Lol do y’all thing then 

14 minutes ago, Jullian said:

Lol I think jones score first off the hype of the magnitude of the game and plying at home. Maybe even b 14-14 at the half. But I do see MNW pulling away on the offensive end to win by 17+. 

i could be wrong. Stranger things have happen in KOC games before. We will see what homes working with. They’re in 3M to so aye let’s get it. 

25 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Jones will score more than 14. Will they score enough to win? That I don't know. If the West were about at last year's level, Jones would have a real shot. If they are a lot better then we will see ... 

Although Jones may have a young team this season compared to MNW’s veteran squad, keep in mind that a good coaching staff can take you far. Jones usually has some good athletes and a strong defense, so early on they should be able to keep pace even if MNW ends up pulling away. I expect The West to win but I do not think it will be a blowout. Also remember that this is just a preseason game; a lot can change in just a week. This is an awesome measuring stick for Jones’ first game out of the gate. 

In the end I give Jones a mountain of credit for scheduling this game. not many have the courage to schedule an opponent of this magnitude so kudos for taking the initiative. I hope Jones wins but it’s not going to be easy. Best of luck!!

3 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Concurring with DarterBlue can never be seen as an act of desperation. The man has much common sense to go with unquestioned intelligence . And if the young ColumboFan says Miami public's gather as many transfers as any, who am I to dispute his due diligence and current knowledge pertaining to today's Florida high school football. Having not seen either Jones or MNW in 5yrs or more, all I got are unsubstantiated opinions. Here goes :  Anyone who believes the Bulls of Miami are traveling 231 miles to play a game in the backyard of Jones High and will not do everything possible to win the game, K.O.C. or not, doesn't know today's athlete or inner city head coaches. They can't and won't throttle these kids down. Sure it's early and no one expects playoff level execution, but the effort will be undeniable. 100% balls to the wall. Now for Jones. Does it really need to be said ? Fear who, the Bulls, PLEASE !  You don't think the chip on their shoulder isn't big enough ? The O-Town boys got pride and payback on their minds. Depending on the team's end of year success, this could be a lifetime feel good achievement for many. Dade ain't the only county that plays ball. The numbers may say otherwise, but I got Jones High in a hometown squeaker and in a historic O-town statement game.....Go Tigers  :)    

5 hours ago, Dan in Daytona said:

Concurring with DarterBlue can never be seen as an act of desperation. The man has much common sense to go with unquestioned intelligence . And if the young ColumboFan says Miami public's gather as many transfers as any, who am I to dispute his due diligence and current knowledge pertaining to today's Florida high school football. Having not seen either Jones or MNW in 5yrs or more, all I got are unsubstantiated opinions. Here goes :  Anyone who believes the Bulls of Miami are traveling 231 miles to play a game in the backyard of Jones High and will not do everything possible to win the game, K.O.C. or not, doesn't know today's athlete or inner city head coaches. They can't and won't throttle these kids down. Sure it's early and no one expects playoff level execution, but the effort will be undeniable. 100% balls to the wall. Now for Jones. Does it really need to be said ? Fear who, the Bulls, PLEASE !  You don't think the chip on their shoulder isn't big enough ? The O-Town boys got pride and payback on their minds. Depending on the team's end of year success, this could be a lifetime feel good achievement for many. Dade ain't the only county that plays ball. The numbers may say otherwise, but I got Jones High in a hometown squeaker and in a historic O-town statement game.....Go Tigers  :)    

It is possible, though realize what an enormous task Jones has in front of them. Jones has to play the best game they can possibly play and hope MNW makes some mistakes. 

15 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Apopka versus Osceola will be decided by 7 points or less if the game is exclusively Varsity. I am not going to pick a winner as I feel I may in some ways be biased. 

Darter, I did read they will be televising tonite at 7pm on Blue Darter Sports Central a preview for the KOC next Friday.  It will include both HC's as well as some APK players with special guest Gary Larson, a terrific player from the mid 70's @ OHS.