KICKOFF CLASSICS PREDICTIONS

THIS_IS_DILLARD

1 hour ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Jones has had very limited exposure to South Florida Teams. They lost the 2019 state Championship game to Northwestern by a score of 34-17. Jones kept the game very close for the first half but wilted in the second half. The difference in that game, in my opinion, was the freshman MNW QB who was very poised for a 9th grader. Jones QB, who was either or senior or junior was not anywhere near as good, so he was unable to take advantage of some of the big targets he had.

Jones also had a first or second round loss to Cardinal Gibbons in the playoffs in recent memory in a pretty good game. 

So, to answer your question, they are 0-2 against very good South Florida competition, but they have proven they can hold their own. The demographics of Jones are very similar to that of: Dillard, MNW, Miami Central, etc. For years they were average at football (kind of like Ely, Jackson, Edison, etc. have been recently) because they did not have a good coaching staff and, therefore, a lot of their talent went elsewhere. 

Since Elijah Williams became head coach, they have kept their talent and gotten a few transfers to boot. Elijah is a very good football coach who has been able to get the team to step up a notch. Last year, Jones should have beaten Pine Forest as all they needed was the conversion of the extra point with seconds on the clock. Unfortunately, they had lost their kicker late in the season and the QB who had been kicking the PATs missed the point. Pine Forest ended up the winner in overtime. Note that Pine Forest probably should have beaten Jesuit in the title game after Jesuit had handled Northwestern comfortably in the other semifinal. Now last year is last year and this year is this year, so I am not using that to forecast the outcome of this game. 

I do think Jones has a more dynamic offense this year that last. However, I am not sure about the quality of this year's defense. 

Yeah line play was NW issue last year on both sides. Worse I've seen in a while and still made it to semi final. Bigger and stronger on both sides of the ball this year. 

9 minutes ago, topnotch305 said:

Jones on Saturday then

8/26 @Venice 

9/2 Jackson

9/9 Chaminade

9/16 Edison

9/22 Columbus

10/7 Central 

10/15 BTW

10/21 or 22 GMAC

10/29 Lasalle 

Dam Venice y’all only road game ? The rest must be at traz lol hahaha.

but the must see games are most def @venice (especially if Venice drops the game to img) they will be dead hungry not to start the season losing two in a row in a season in their eyes they can repeat. 

chaminade - ooweeee said. If I didn’t love Dillard so much I would be at that game. But Aht Aht no sir lol

central - if that’s on a sat i will MOST def be there.

sleeper good game - booker T with ice T back. 

Jones has had very limited exposure to South Florida Teams. They lost the 2019 state Championship game to Northwestern by a score of 34-17. Jones kept the game very close for the first half but wilted in the second half. The difference in that game, in my opinion, was the freshman MNW QB who was very poised for a 9th grader. Jones QB, who was either or senior or junior was not anywhere near as good, so he was unable to take advantage of some of the big targets he had.

Jones also had a first or second round loss to Cardinal Gibbons in the playoffs in recent memory in a pretty good game. 

So, to answer your question, they are 0-2 against very good South Florida competition, but they have proven they can hold their own. The demographics of Jones are very similar to that of: Dillard, MNW, Miami Central, etc. For years they were average at football (kind of like Ely, Jackson, Edison, etc. have been recently) because they did not have a good coaching staff and, therefore, a lot of their talent went elsewhere. 

Since Elijah Williams became head coach, they have kept their talent and gotten a few transfers to boot. Elijah is a very good football coach who has been able to get the team to step up a notch. Last year, Jones should have beaten Pine Forest as all they needed was the conversion of the extra point with seconds on the clock. Unfortunately, they had lost their kicker late in the season and the QB who had been kicking the PATs missed the point. Pine Forest ended up the winner in overtime. Note that Pine Forest probably should have beaten Jesuit in the title game after Jesuit had handled Northwestern comfortably in the other semifinal. Now last year is last year and this year is this year, so I am not using that to forecast the outcome of this game. 

I do think Jones has a more dynamic offense this year that last. However, I am not sure about the quality of this year's defense. 

Jones is 0-3 against South Florida competition the other being Booker T. Washington 

2011 29-0

2012 68-13

11 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Dam Venice y’all only road game ? The rest must be at traz lol hahaha.

but the must see games are most def @venice (especially if Venice drops the game to img) they will be dead hungry not to start the season losing two in a row in a season in their eyes they can repeat. 

chaminade - ooweeee said. If I didn’t love Dillard so much I would be at that game. But Aht Aht no sir lol

central - if that’s on a sat i will MOST def be there.

sleeper good game - booker T with ice T back. 

We are not losing to Northwestern to start the season! It’ll be a much better game this time, though. Can’t wait to see Dillard in action against Norland and Rock Creek! 

30 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

We are not losing to Northwestern to start the season! It’ll be a much better game this time, though. Can’t wait to see Dillard in action against Norland and Rock Creek! 

I can’t wait either bro & you kno I’ll b supporting you guys throughout the season! 

I can hear our brand getting crunk right now I’m so excited lol

On 8/13/2022 at 12:03 PM, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Of course they are more loaded than an average HS Football team. They practice football 5 hours a day with some of the best nutrition and workout plans in the world and get transfers from all across the globe. Why wouldn’t they be? They have earned what they are. But I don’t think Venice is going to get absolutely slaughtered. I think they will at least remain competitive for a half, if nothing else. 

And no, IMG is not going to obliterate Miami Central. MC is the best team in the state coming into the season. Their returning class from last year is still mostly in tact on top of the bevy of transfers that they have received. In 2017, Central was a blocked punt (a self-inflicted wound,) away from winning the game! This Central team is going to be even better than the 2017 team. You can believe I will be rooting for the Rockets to get that W!

What I find ironic is when the same people who say "you can't use 24/7 to judge talent" use 24/7 to judge talent 

Guess that logic only applies to teams they WANT to see listed as a big deal and if it don't support their narrative "that's meaningless because I know everything" 

LMAO

Venice will put up a fight against IMG and I won't be surprised if Central beats IMG, this idea that IMG is somehow unbeatable is only used by people who don't actually know football, heck Lakeland probably got more transfers and talent than IMG but they didn't want to step their schedule up and when the "potential" to play Miami Central came up Lakeland would only agree to play if Central came to them 

Funny how a school that has a turf field and video scoreboard can't afford a bus ride to SFL when they literally sell out every home game don't you think? 

5 hours ago, topnotch305 said:

I know it was the spring but Jones defense looked slow on film against the team they were playing. Well Saturday night we will see how it all unfolds. And Darter the freshman qb is now a senior who is about to break the Dade County passing record. 

I am not surprised. He was very good back in 2019.

Back in 2012 and prior, Jones was not good. The program turned around after Elijah became HBC. Like I said in my post to you, Jones back then was like Edison or Ely of recent years. 

Glad things turned around for them & they can be a program their community can be proud of. Look forward to seeing all the results this week. 

4 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

What I find ironic is when the same people who say "you can't use 24/7 to judge talent" use 24/7 to judge talent 

Guess that logic only applies to teams they WANT to see listed as a big deal and if it don't support their narrative "that's meaningless because I know everything" 

LMAO

Venice will put up a fight against IMG and I won't be surprised if Central beats IMG, this idea that IMG is somehow unbeatable is only used by people who don't actually know football, heck Lakeland probably got more transfers and talent than IMG but they didn't want to step their schedule up and when the "potential" to play Miami Central came up Lakeland would only agree to play if Central came to them 

Funny how a school that has a turf field and video scoreboard can't afford a bus ride to SFL when they literally sell out every home game don't you think? 

24/7 can tell you a lot about individual talents, but I don’t think it tells the whole story about how well a team performs against pressure or equivalent talent. A football team is comprised of more than one person and the sum is often greater than its parts. As you rightfully pointed out, Lakeland is a good example of this. They raided every school around them and received probably close to 20 transfers this season. They are going to be a powerhouse and we all know it. I am disappointed that they didn’t schedule any South Florida opponents, and will obliterate everyone they play with the exceptions of Osceola and maybe Armwood. They will undoubtedly be favored to win 4S.

IMG has no excuse to lose a football game at the high school level at all with everything they have at their fingertips. Yet, they still seem to lose a game every once in a while (albeit, to very good programs such as SFA and Mater Dei.) And they get tough games from public schools every year (MNW, MC, Venice, Columbia, Cocoa, etc. All examples of public schools that have proven they can compete with IMG and that they aren’t an “unbeatable machine.” At the end of the day, they are just high school kids playing a game. I can’t fault kids for wanting to play for IMG. I’ve been on that campus twice and their facilities and equipment are beyond compare. I just can’t stand ignorant fans that claim that their school “doesn’t get transfers,” when in truth, all winners nowadays do; some contribute more than others and add fuel to an already strong program.

6 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

24/7 can tell you a lot about individual talents, but I don’t think it tells the whole story about how well a team performs against pressure or equivalent talent. A football team is comprised of more than one person and the sum is often greater than its parts. As you rightfully pointed out, Lakeland is a good example of this. They raided every school around them and received probably close to 20 transfers this season. They are going to be a powerhouse and we all know it. I am disappointed that they didn’t schedule any South Florida opponents, and will obliterate everyone they play with the exceptions of Osceola and maybe Armwood. They will undoubtedly be favored to win 4S.

IMG has no excuse to lose a football game at the high school level at all with everything they have at their fingertips. Yet, they still seem to lose a game every once in a while (albeit, to very good programs such as SFA and Mater Dei.) And they get tough games from public schools every year (MNW, MC, Venice, Columbia, Cocoa, etc. All examples of public schools that have proven they can compete with IMG and that they aren’t an “unbeatable machine.” At the end of the day, they are just high school kids playing a game. I can’t fault kids for wanting to play for IMG. I’ve been on that campus twice and their facilities and equipment are beyond compare. I just can’t stand ignorant fans that claim that their school “doesn’t get transfers,” when in truth, all winners nowadays do; some contribute more than others and add fuel to an already strong program.

How hyped are toy for this Friday bro ? Probably be to the stadium two hours early huh ? Lol 

26 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Glad things turned around for them & they can be a program their community can be proud of. Look forward to seeing all the results this week. 

Jones High has deep roots in the African American community of Orlando. It is the only surviving historically black high school (from segregation days) that has survived in the area. The others were either merged into other high schools post segregation, or were shut down due to declining enrollment. 

There has always been a lot of talent in the Jones zone, but a lot of it used to go to Edgewater and Dr. Phillips before the current coaching staff took over. 

34 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Jones High has deep roots in the African American community of Orlando. It is the only surviving historically black high school (from segregation days) that has survived in the area. The others were either merged into other high schools post segregation, or were shut down due to declining enrollment. 

There has always been a lot of talent in the Jones zone, but a lot of it used to go to Edgewater and Dr. Phillips before the current coaching staff took over. 

I see. You would think dr Phillips would have plenty talent being located right in front of universal studios lol. 

i use to live in Orlando off colonial & I-Drive 

11 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I see. You would think dr Phillips would have plenty talent being located right in front of universal studios lol. 

i use to live in Orlando off colonial & I-Drive 

Phillips does have a lot of talent, in Tangelo Park, the Kirkman Road area, and parts of Metro West, as well as in the Dr. Phillips area of SW Orlando. But a few Jones kids used to go there over the years. 

3 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Is the game gonna b on espn? Rooting for ya.