KICKOFF CLASSICS PREDICTIONS

THIS_IS_DILLARD

4 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

24/7 can tell you a lot about individual talents, but I don’t think it tells the whole story about how well a team performs against pressure or equivalent talent. A football team is comprised of more than one person and the sum is often greater than its parts. As you rightfully pointed out, Lakeland is a good example of this. They raided every school around them and received probably close to 20 transfers this season. They are going to be a powerhouse and we all know it. I am disappointed that they didn’t schedule any South Florida opponents, and will obliterate everyone they play with the exceptions of Osceola and maybe Armwood. They will undoubtedly be favored to win 4S.

IMG has no excuse to lose a football game at the high school level at all with everything they have at their fingertips. Yet, they still seem to lose a game every once in a while (albeit, to very good programs such as SFA and Mater Dei.) And they get tough games from public schools every year (MNW, MC, Venice, Columbia, Cocoa, etc. All examples of public schools that have proven they can compete with IMG and that they aren’t an “unbeatable machine.” At the end of the day, they are just high school kids playing a game. I can’t fault kids for wanting to play for IMG. I’ve been on that campus twice and their facilities and equipment are beyond compare. I just can’t stand ignorant fans that claim that their school “doesn’t get transfers,” when in truth, all winners nowadays do; some contribute more than others and add fuel to an already strong program.

I agree every "winning" school gets transfers though I would say that getting 3-5 versus 20 is a massive difference

One is a normal amount while the other is taking advantage of the system 

Personally I think the reason IMG Academy can lose games even when they are perceived to be better than everyone is while they have talent they don't ever truly develop a team chemistry because they are essentially a bunch of hired short term mercenaries for the cause, people may think chemistry can be built quickly but sometimes it takes years to truly build chemistry and it's easy when you only get a few kids or if the kids played together in youth or middle school but when you are taking kids from across the country you aren't gonna have the same chemistry

SFA out of Baltimore is basically IMG Mid-Atlantic and despite Florida talent right here, SFA has actually exceeded IMG and is the only team with multiple wins over IMG and the only team IMG holds a losing record against with at least 2 games played 

Schools like STA and Jesuit are pretty smart in that most of their "transfers" come in the form of 9th graders so they grow up in the system which is why they are usually so disciplined and well coached 

There will be teams they face with more "talent" on the field but rarely is there a more disciplined or better coached or better prepared team across from them and sometimes that takes a team much further than trying to create an all star team 

2 hours ago, Jullian said:

Is the game gonna b on espn? Rooting for ya. 

IMG won’t be on ESPN, but St. Frances week 4 will. It was originally scheduled for week 1 but Miami NW wanted to play Week 1 so IMG decided to play in the preseason instead. So we were left with SFA vs Venice on ESPN.

If Venice manages to defeat St. Frances on ESPN, that will be the loudest HSFB Stadium you will ever hear. I will be there in green gear from head to toe with my friend to root the Indians on! 

5 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

How hyped are toy for this Friday bro ? Probably be to the stadium two hours early huh ? Lol 

I’m very excited, I can’t wait to see what the 2022 Venice squad can do. If they start out hot and pick up the win against IMG, that would set the tone for the rest of the season for sure. Just have to take it one game at a time. But I wouldn’t mind both Venice and their opponent going in undefeated into Week 4... ;)

21 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

IMG won’t be on ESPN, but St. Frances week 4 will. It was originally scheduled for week 1 but Miami NW wanted to play Week 1 so IMG decided to play in the preseason instead. So we were left with SFA vs Venice on ESPN.

If Venice manages to defeat St. Frances on ESPN, that will be the loudest HSFB Stadium you will ever hear. I will be there in green gear from head to toe with my friend to root the Indians on! 

Thanks!

I imagine it was pretty loud when u put Aquinas down!!!!

Ill be listening!!!!! Lol

2 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I agree every "winning" school gets transfers though I would say that getting 3-5 versus 20 is a massive difference

One is a normal amount while the other is taking advantage of the system 

Personally I think the reason IMG Academy can lose games even when they are perceived to be better than everyone is while they have talent they don't ever truly develop a team chemistry because they are essentially a bunch of hired short term mercenaries for the cause, people may think chemistry can be built quickly but sometimes it takes years to truly build chemistry and it's easy when you only get a few kids or if the kids played together in youth or middle school but when you are taking kids from across the country you aren't gonna have the same chemistry

SFA out of Baltimore is basically IMG Mid-Atlantic and despite Florida talent right here, SFA has actually exceeded IMG and is the only team with multiple wins over IMG and the only team IMG holds a losing record against with at least 2 games played 

Schools like STA and Jesuit are pretty smart in that most of their "transfers" come in the form of 9th graders so they grow up in the system which is why they are usually so disciplined and well coached 

There will be teams they face with more "talent" on the field but rarely is there a more disciplined or better coached or better prepared team across from them and sometimes that takes a team much further than trying to create an all star team 

Madison has home grown talent its whatever tho. Trinity christian beat img academy and then lost close to them in 2013 and 2014. Madison has beaten Trinity christian.  Madison the best bc they are in a talent state and still keeps talent. Florida state still follows them. That's amazing by it self. So no all winners don't get transfers. 

16 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Wow that is one damn tough schedule. No guaranteed wins. Losses will be Venice, CMD, and Central. 

Toughest game will be Chaminade. Not worried about those other 2 teams mentioned. Last year you win KOC and i guess that trickles over to this year because Venice is at home? We will see in 2 weeks. I'm not saying nothing about how good NW is this year. You will see for yourself. Central is overrated this year. Yes i said it. Overrated.

6 minutes ago, topnotch305 said:

Toughest game will be Chaminade. Not worried about those other 2 teams mentioned. Last year you win KOC and i guess that trickles over to this year because Venice is at home? We will see in 2 weeks. I'm not saying nothing about how good NW is this year. You will see for yourself. Central is overrated this year. Yes i said it. Overrated.

Which side of the hall do you believe is gonna put you guys back in the title game this year ? The offense or the defense. Or are they both equally solid. 

1 hour ago, topnotch305 said:

Northwestern is not worried about Central or Venice? This comment is not going to age well. Our defense returns Damon Wilson, Trenton Kintigh, Sage Yootzy, Elliot Washington, and Shamarion Wilson on top of transfers Deylen Platt and Kammrin Herring. MNW has a run first offense, so good luck moving the ball against one of the best defensive lines in the state. Northwestern will need at least 28 points to defeat Venice. The Bulls can win but it’s going to be easy. Best of luck! 

4 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Northwestern is not worried about Central or Venice? This comment is not going to age well. Our defense returns Damon Wilson, Trenton Kintigh, Sage Yootzy, Elliot Washington, and Shamarion Wilson on top of transfers Deylen Platt and Kammrin Herring. MNW has a run first offense, so good luck moving the ball against one of the best defensive lines in the state. Northwestern will need at least 28 points to defeat Venice. The Bulls can win but it’s going to be easy. Best of luck! 

That’s the thing I believe the bulls are gonna try you like their Gonna try jones Saturday night, by spreading you guys out & going deep early & often, sprinkled with some Qb option to see if you guys the personal & speed to stop it. 

either way good luck on next Friday bro.

2 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

That’s the thing I believe the bulls are gonna try you like their Gonna try jones Saturday night, by spreading you guys out & going deep early & often, sprinkled with some Qb option to see if you guys the personal & speed to stop it. 

either way good luck on next Friday bro.

Thank you sir, I’ll be rooting for the panthers to KO MN and Rock Creek as well

15 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

24/7 can tell you a lot about individual talents, but I don’t think it tells the whole story about how well a team performs against pressure or equivalent talent. A football team is comprised of more than one person and the sum is often greater than its parts. As you rightfully pointed out, Lakeland is a good example of this. They raided every school around them and received probably close to 20 transfers this season. They are going to be a powerhouse and we all know it. I am disappointed that they didn’t schedule any South Florida opponents, and will obliterate everyone they play with the exceptions of Osceola and maybe Armwood. They will undoubtedly be favored to win 4S.

IMG has no excuse to lose a football game at the high school level at all with everything they have at their fingertips. Yet, they still seem to lose a game every once in a while (albeit, to very good programs such as SFA and Mater Dei.) And they get tough games from public schools every year (MNW, MC, Venice, Columbia, Cocoa, etc. All examples of public schools that have proven they can compete with IMG and that they aren’t an “unbeatable machine.” At the end of the day, they are just high school kids playing a game. I can’t fault kids for wanting to play for IMG. I’ve been on that campus twice and their facilities and equipment are beyond compare. I just can’t stand ignorant fans that claim that their school “doesn’t get transfers,” when in truth, all winners nowadays do; some contribute more than others and add fuel to an already strong program.

my hunch is the best team Lakeland will face, by far, will be Clearwater Academy International. That is the only game I anticipate being really tight.