KICKOFF CLASSICS PREDICTIONS

THIS_IS_DILLARD

7 minutes ago, FBGUY1989 said:

Oh so you thought only Miami and Broward had a Soul Bowl game 

Lol na it ain’t even that. Tbh the only soul bowl I ever cared about or ever was invested in was Dillard vs ely. That was the game to be at yearly. 

i knew vaguely about the MIAMI soul bowl , but I’m not from dade so I couldn’t tell you to much about it other then it’s between Jackson & northwestern. 

so I really couldn’t tell you about any bowls or classics in north or central Florida cuz growing up that was the irrelevant part of Florida nobody down here cared lol hahahaha. 

1 minute ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Lol na it ain’t even that. Tbh the only soul bowl I ever cared about or ever was invested in was Dillard vs ely. That was the game to be at yearly. 

i knew vaguely about the MIAMI soul bowl , but I’m not from dade so I couldn’t tell you to much about it other then it’s between Jackson & northwestern. 

so I really couldn’t tell you about any bowls or classics in north or central Florida cuz growing up that was the irrelevant part of Florida nobody down here cared lol hahahaha. 

We still don't care about them lol but yeah Jacksonville has Raines/Ribault in the Northwest Classic game and Palm Beach has Pahokee/Glades Central in the Muck Bowl game 

48 minutes ago, FBGUY1989 said:

We still don't care about them lol but yeah Jacksonville has Raines/Ribault in the Northwest Classic game and Palm Beach has Pahokee/Glades Central in the Muck Bowl game 

Lmao lol hahaha , like when you really get into the other side of Florida, u hear mosquito. Bowl , bbq bowl, pig in the blanket bowl like Wtf lol hahaha. 

1 hour ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

This was when the Soul Bowl was the Soul Bowl. Search Soul Bowl in youtube and some of the games are posted including that classic Soul Bowl 2. In front of 35,000 Soul Bowl 1 that year was over 46k in attendance.

https://m.facebook.com/ghostsoftheorangebowl/photos/a.446756302025217/1058655940835247/?type=3

13 minutes ago, topnotch305 said:

This was when the Soul Bowl was the Soul Bowl. Search Soul Bowl in youtube and some of the games are posted including that classic Soul Bowl 2. In front of 35,000 Soul Bowl 1 that year was over 46k in attendance.

https://m.facebook.com/ghostsoftheorangebowl/photos/a.446756302025217/1058655940835247/?type=3

This was always the game I thought of when I hear "Soul Bowl",

11 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Lmao lol hahaha , like when you really get into the other side of Florida, u hear mosquito. Bowl , bbq bowl, pig in the blanket bowl like Wtf lol hahaha. 

South Fla soul bowls are crap now. Jackson/NW A laugh. Dillard/Ely hasn’t been anything for awhile. Might wanna go Dillard vs NW & Ely vs Jackson……New soul bowls. 

48 minutes ago, Jullian said:

South Fla soul bowls are crap now. Jackson/NW A laugh. Dillard/Ely hasn’t been anything for awhile. Might wanna go Dillard vs NW & Ely vs Jackson……New soul bowls. 

Ayyy Dillard vs MNW soul bow will be LIT AF lol while you playing whewww I can see the. Crowds at them matchups now lol 

No prediction here as Kickoff Classics are just for evaluation of all the roster and nothing more. 

Buchholz @ Trinity Catholic this Friday. 

Buchholz pretty well breezed through the season and playoffs and then met STA. If anything, from my evaluation, they are an even better team than last year. I'm just curious as to how the Celtics will do against them although just a glorified scrimmage. The Celtics do have some big boys in the trenches on both sides and a couple of big RBs. Our QB is last year's backup with not a lot of playing time. Looks Ok though and hopefully will develop. Know little more than that about their chances. :unsure:

3 hours ago, Proseteye said:

No prediction here as Kickoff Classics are just for evaluation of all the roster and nothing more. 

Buchholz @ Trinity Catholic this Friday. 

Buchholz pretty well breezed through the season and playoffs and then met STA. If anything, from my evaluation, they are an even better team than last year. I'm just curious as to how the Celtics will do against them although just a glorified scrimmage. The Celtics do have some big boys in the trenches on both sides and a couple of big RBs. Our QB is last year's backup with not a lot of playing time. Looks Ok though and hopefully will develop. Know little more than that about their chances. :unsure:

Celtics had a great last half of the season. Wonder if they acquired sum players over the summer. 

13 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

Yup Cocoa vs Rockledge. Tradition was that the loser of the game would have to serve the winner a BBQ dinner the next day. Hence the name lmao. Good neighborhood/crosstown rivalry. 

I’m sorry to sound ignorant but I’ve not found any information on this. Was the school called “Rockledge” before the split? 

44 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

I’m sorry to sound ignorant but I’ve not found any information on this. Was the school called “Rockledge” before the split? 

It was Cocoa high. The original Rockledge campus is where Cocoa was located then they built a new campus and Rockledge became that campus and Cocoa was the new campus. There was also an all black school in Cocoa called Munroe. I'm not sure if that was the original campus or not I would have to do more research. But i do know for a fact that Cocoa high was the original School.