KICKOFF CLASSICS PREDICTIONS

THIS_IS_DILLARD

15 hours ago, Jullian said:

Celtics had a great last half of the season. Wonder if they acquired sum players over the summer. 

They do have a few names that are unfamiliar to me. Trinity, being a parochial school, always gets students transferring from public schools or where parents that move to Ocala from other cities and states and want their son to go to a parochial school. So, the team reflects those situations. We do play some tough opponents this season in Buchholz, FSU HS, Clearwater Central Catholic, Gainesville, and Raines. :unsure:

35 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

They do have a few names that are unfamiliar to me. Trinity, being a parochial school, always gets students transferring from public schools or where parents that move to Ocala from other cities and states and want their son to go to a parochial school. So, the team reflects those situations. We do play some tough opponents this season in Buchholz, FSU HS, Clearwater Central Catholic, Gainesville, and Raines. :unsure:

That’s a great schedule! 

Lakeland and Armwood played a quarter and a half. 13-6 Lakeland when it was called due to lightning. Hard to read much into a quarter and a half. Lakeland's offense was a bit disappointing as there were numerous false starts. But, the quarter and a half were pretty well controlled by the Naughts. They were up 13-0 before the rain started coming down. Armwood's score came after a diving pick (following two false starts bringing up 1st and 20) set them up at about the 30. 

1 hour ago, topnotch305 said:

I'm watching live img still img. Glad we not playing them this year. Just started watching on YouTube 

Being that I don’t follow img , going solely off the info on here, iMG is way down this year, lost they head coach, players transferring out left and right & this could be their most beatable team in the last 5+ years & this is Venice best chance to beat them. And that central is gonna destroy them. 

fast forward to tonight a running clock in the third and a 41-3 final over a very good Venice team, I know @VeniceIndiansFootball is sick right now. Keep ya head up bro. You have a chance to bounce back in a big way next week vs another very very good opp. 

53 minutes ago, skyway said:

Final score was 41-3. Not a surprising result for objective observers, but I understand this wasn't what any of us wanted.

They didn't appear to miss the high profile players transferring out (ie.  Stacy Gage, etc. ) and looks like they just upgraded.  Any Florida team will struggle with these cats.  

5 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

They didn't appear to miss the high profile players transferring out (ie.  Stacy Gage, etc. ) and looks like they just upgraded.  Any Florida team will struggle with these cats.  

Roughly 30 games cancelled due to weather in our area including our anticipated match with APK.  Has to be frustrating for all coaches and kids that were prepared to show what they would look like in the upcoming season.  Hope we don't have a repeat next week.  

Cocoa beats Merritt Island 36 -0 in a half of play. Game got called before the second half started. 

Palm Bay scrapes by Satellite 21-7. Palm Bay scoring last with 3 seconds left after Satellite tried a fake punt with 4mins left at their own 30. 

Rockledge loses to Treasure Coast 16 to 14.

Eau Gallie beats Viera and controlled the game.

Bayside beats Seabreeze yesterday 28-14. 

Speaking of Seabreeze, their starting and 2nd string QBs both played tonight against each other for Merritt Island and Cocoa.

51 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Being that I don’t follow img , going solely off the info on here, iMG is way down this year, lost they head coach, players transferring out left and right & this could be their most beatable team in the last 5+ years & this is Venice best chance to beat them. And that central is gonna destroy them. 

fast forward to tonight a running clock in the third and a 41-3 final over a very good Venice team, I know @VeniceIndiansFootball is sick right now. Keep ya head up bro. You have a chance to bounce back in a big way next week vs another very very good opp. 

Some of us have been following closely for a few decades. 

I'll take IMG over Miami Central 49-13. Some may say that's a stupid pick, and that NOBODY beats Miami Central 49-13. But those folks don't know history :) I think that 49-13 score will be earned over 3-4 quarters, rather than arrived at after an easy running clock like tonight. It might be more like 21-6 at the half, and 35-6 or 35-13 after 3 quarters.

44 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

No doubt. I knew they lost two Rbs, but then I watched film of the 2024 kid that replaced them. That was when I knew that those guys left because they were soon to become backups. Venice knows now too. IMG would handle Lakeland most likely as well. Would have to be a Bill Castle special with ball control eating the clock etc to have a chance.

13 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

Cocoa beats Merritt Island 36 -0 in a half of play. Game got called before the second half started. 

Palm Bay scrapes by Satellite 21-7. Palm Bay scoring last with 3 seconds left after Satellite tried a fake punt with 4mins left at their own 30. 

Rockledge loses to Treasure Coast 16 to 14.

Eau Gallie beats Viera and controlled the game.

Bayside beats Seabreeze yesterday 28-14. 

Speaking of Seabreeze, their starting and 2nd string QBs both played tonight against each other for Merritt Island and Cocoa.

Does Cocoa and Jones play each other this year 

13 minutes ago, skyway said:

Some of us have been following closely for a few decades. 

I'll take IMG over Miami Central 49-13. Some may say that's a stupid pick, and that NOBODY beats Miami Central 49-13. But those folks don't know history :) I think that 49-13 score will be earned over 3-4 quarters, rather than arrived at after an easy running clock like tonight. It might be more like 21-6 at the half, and 35-6 or 35-13 after 3 quarters.

Personally schools should stop scheduling IMG Academy