KICKOFF CLASSICS PREDICTIONS

THIS_IS_DILLARD

1 hour ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Being that I don’t follow img , going solely off the info on here, iMG is way down this year, lost they head coach, players transferring out left and right & this could be their most beatable team in the last 5+ years & this is Venice best chance to beat them. And that central is gonna destroy them. 

fast forward to tonight a running clock in the third and a 41-3 final over a very good Venice team, I know @VeniceIndiansFootball is sick right now. Keep ya head up bro. You have a chance to bounce back in a big way next week vs another very very good opp. 

We shot ourselves in the foot more than IMG beat us. Senselessness penalties, fumbles, turnovers, sacks, and some bad play calls killed us tonight. Congratulations to IMG on a well-deserved win. We will be back! 

27 minutes ago, skyway said:

Some of us have been following closely for a few decades. 

I'll take IMG over Miami Central 49-13. Some may say that's a stupid pick, and that NOBODY beats Miami Central 49-13. But those folks don't know history :) I think that 49-13 score will be earned over 3-4 quarters, rather than arrived at after an easy running clock like tonight. It might be more like 21-6 at the half, and 35-6 or 35-13 after 3 quarters.

you crazy as hell brother. that game will be close all the way til the 4th quarter. 

3 hours ago, FBGUY1989 said:

Personally schools should stop scheduling IMG Academy 

Yup. 

Years ago, the many haters of Lakeland here had a field day when there appeared to be evidence that a Lakeland booster seemed to have helped some kids secure an address in the Lakeland zone. Lakeland was ousted, penalized, fined and shamed everywhere for this. IMG has ALWAYS intentionally offered quality housing to its recruits IN THE OPEN. I don't recall seeing anyone criticize them for this. It's the most blatant of double standards. Nobody else in the state (except for maybe Clearwater International*) openly recruits and houses players from all over.

* it is impermissible to mention CAI recruits and houses players from all over. It is also impermissible to suggest they may be loaded this year as a result. 

3 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

We shot ourselves in the foot more than IMG beat us. Senselessness penalties, fumbles, turnovers, sacks, and some bad play calls killed us tonight. Congratulations to IMG on a well-deserved win. We will be back! 

you will be back. But, short of recruiting and housing players from all over, your primary disposition vs. IMG will be one of severe safety concerns for your players. It is not safe for you to put that kind of team on the field vs. IMG. Had you played the absolute perfect game tonight, IMG would have had to break more of a sweat to put the running clock on you. 

8 hours ago, skyway said:

No doubt. I knew they lost two Rbs, but then I watched film of the 2024 kid that replaced them. That was when I knew that those guys left because they were soon to become backups. Venice knows now too. IMG would handle Lakeland most likely as well. Would have to be a Bill Castle special with ball control eating the clock etc to have a chance.

No chance.

10 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

Roughly 30 games cancelled due to weather in our area including our anticipated match with APK.  Has to be frustrating for all coaches and kids that were prepared to show what they would look like in the upcoming season.  Hope we don't have a repeat next week.  

Somehow, Poinciana got our game in. Basically it was because we were so far south of Orlando. We had a long lightning delay with about a minute to go in the first half. But we waited it out and finished the game.  Poinciana 28- Avon Park 16

4 minutes ago, Beek said:

Somehow, Poinciana got our game in. Basically it was because we were so far south of Orlando. We had a long lightning delay with about a minute to go in the first half. But we waited it out and finished the game.  Poinciana 28- Avon Park 16

Congrats Coach, great start to your season and hope it provides momentum going forward. 

11 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Being that I don’t follow img , going solely off the info on here, iMG is way down this year, lost they head coach, players transferring out left and right & this could be their most beatable team in the last 5+ years & this is Venice best chance to beat them. And that central is gonna destroy them. 

fast forward to tonight a running clock in the third and a 41-3 final over a very good Venice team, I know @VeniceIndiansFootball is sick right now. Keep ya head up bro. You have a chance to bounce back in a big way next week vs another very very good opp. 

IMG loses its HC every year.  Never miss a beat.

16 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Congrats Coach, great start to your season and hope it provides momentum going forward. 

Much appreciated. I really want to say something about the kids we had transfer or move in to our school. The 5 players who previously played for or went to Osceola who are now on our roster have the best character of any kids I have had in the 9 years I've been at Poinciana. Their demeanor, attitudes and being a non selfish team player are some of the best attributes I have ever seen. You guys build quality student-athletes. Not just a bunch of thugs who play football. I know these kids may have not been a big loss to your program. But it was defiantly a big gain for our program.  We also had a Quarterback from a state final four team from NC move into our zone in the last moment. What a great surprise that was!  

We now have to get them used to playing with each other and the other players on our roster. We have 17 starters who were not on our team from last fall. Kids who moved in, some transfers in and kids who worked on their academics and made it back from poor grades from covid. We played sloppy last night. We made mistakes. We were even down 16-14 with 8 minutes to go. Avon park is no joke, they are a good team. They drove us down the field methodically. But our kids kept on working and the result shows. 

6 hours ago, skyway said:

Yup. 

Years ago, the many haters of Lakeland here had a field day when there appeared to be evidence that a Lakeland booster seemed to have helped some kids secure an address in the Lakeland zone. Lakeland was ousted, penalized, fined and shamed everywhere for this. IMG has ALWAYS intentionally offered quality housing to its recruits IN THE OPEN. I don't recall seeing anyone criticize them for this. It's the most blatant of double standards. Nobody else in the state (except for maybe Clearwater International*) openly recruits and houses players from all over.

* it is impermissible to mention CAI recruits and houses players from all over. It is also impermissible to suggest they may be loaded this year as a result. 

Wow, you sound like a politician sugar coating the incident.   "Appeared to be Evidence", "Booster Seemed to have Helped"??  Please!!  No telling how many kids were involved that year but a thorough investigation by the FHSAA produced 6 Convictions with $10K fine for each.   If you were honest you wouldn't be calling other local schools Lakeland Haters as they just don't want anyone poaching their players.  

6 hours ago, skyway said:

Yup. 

It's the private school no rules vs public schools abide-by-the-rules advantage.  It's why the privates need their own league and should just play each other.  Water under the bridge now with the metro vs suburban deal.  

2 hours ago, Beek said:

Much appreciated. I really want to say something about the kids we had transfer or move in to our school. The 5 players who previously played for or went to Osceola who are now on our roster have the best character of any kids I have had in the 9 years I've been at Poinciana. Their demeanor, attitudes and being a non selfish team player are some of the best attributes I have ever seen. You guys build quality student-athletes. Not just a bunch of thugs who play football. I know these kids may have not been a big loss to your program. But it was defiantly a big gain for our program.  We also had a Quarterback from a state final four team from NC move into our zone in the last moment. What a great surprise that was!  

We now have to get them used to playing with each other and the other players on our roster. We have 17 starters who were not on our team from last fall. Kids who moved in, some transfers in and kids who worked on their academics and made it back from poor grades from covid. We played sloppy last night. We made mistakes. We were even down 16-14 with 8 minutes to go. Avon park is not a bad team. They drove us down the field methodically. But our kids kept on working and the result shows. 

Agree, both Coach Nick as well as Coach Pinellas and their staff work tirelessly to stress discipline, good behavior, academics as well as other qualities to improve kids chances of continuing their education.  It is particularly impressive with the fact it is a TITLE 1 school, like yours and they arrive as 9th graders on campus with none of those qualities instilled in them.  I experienced this first hand when I returned a couple of years ago to sub at OHS to see for myself what is happening to our public education system.  The entire administration at that school embraces this process. Cudos to all of them for their dedication to their kids.  

53 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Wow, you sound like a politician sugar coating the incident.   "Appeared to be Evidence", "Booster Seemed to have Helped"??  Please!!  No telling how many kids were involved that year but a thorough investigation by the FHSAA produced 6 Convictions with $10K fine for each.   If you were honest you wouldn't be calling other local schools Lakeland Haters as they just don't want anyone poaching their players.  

Point is, ANY sort of involvement in housing assistance is a scandal and met with large fines if it's any other school. IMG recruits from other schools, offers housing directly to players, and has never been fined or been in any sort of trouble whatsoever. 

54 minutes ago, PinellasFB said:

It's the private school no rules vs public schools abide-by-the-rules advantage.  It's why the privates need their own league and should just play each other.  Water under the bridge now with the metro vs suburban deal.  

IMG and a couple of others are in a class of their own. They offer housing to players. Typical private schools can not do this.

6 minutes ago, skyway said:

Point is, ANY sort of involvement in housing assistance is a scandal and met with large fines if it's any other school. IMG recruits from other schools, offers housing directly to players, and has never been fined or been in any sort of trouble whatsoever. 

IMG doesn't compete for championships in the FHSAA, so the housing issue is irrelevant to the 463 or so schools that do want to win a championship.  You recently bragged about how Lakeland "Out Recruited" Lake Gibson for Zach Pleuss (QB) and that is the POINT!!  Get what you need by any means necessary.  

23 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

IMG doesn't compete for championships in the FHSAA, so the housing issue is irrelevant to the 463 or so schools that do want to win a championship.  You recently bragged about how Lakeland "Out Recruited" Lake Gibson for Zach Pleuss (QB) and that is the POINT!!  Get what you need by any means necessary.  

I wasn't bragging. It isn't any sort of point of pride. It's just an honest characterization of reality.

7 hours ago, skyway said:

you will be back. But, short of recruiting and housing players from all over, your primary disposition vs. IMG will be one of severe safety concerns for your players. It is not safe for you to put that kind of team on the field vs. IMG. Had you played the absolute perfect game tonight, IMG would have had to break more of a sweat to put the running clock on you. 

I’m not angry with what I saw last night. I was actually happy with how our defense played. Special teams gave up a touchdown on the first play of the game and another in the third quarter. The offensive line needs to improve in a hurry. We knew that coming into the game as 4 of our 5 players were new.  The offense couldn’t stay on the field because there was almost no running room and Brook was getting pressure on almost every play, leading to fumbles and a pick-6. 

All of the Ascender’s first half points came in the first quarter. IMG’s offense was completely shut down in the second quarter. Our offense started to gain a rhythm and they put together a drive to get a field goal, and then another drive that got them to IMG’s 30 before a fumble. There was talk in the stands of a potential comeback, but IMG slammed the door on us with the fumble and then a good drive that got them into the endzone. 

In the second half IMG started running the ball just to take the air out of the game. I’m glad that Venice played IMG because they exposed a lot of areas that we need to work on. It’s all up from here. We will be better from this game, no doubt! 

17 minutes ago, skyway said:

I wasn't bragging. It isn't any sort of point of pride. It's just an honest characterization of reality.

Well, I commend your admission to the REALITY of some programs.   Top programs attract top players, that is understood by all.  We just recently got a top running back from a neighboring HS, although we don't NEED him as we got excellent RB's already.  My example, you needed a QB then went and got one.  Prior to that happening, that kid had approached our staff about coming to our school as he had been playing with most of our kids in the 7v7 team for the past 5 years or so.  I have a theory of why he made the switch and went there, but it is just that.  A theory by a keen observer, not an undisputable fact. 

12 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

I’m not angry with what I saw last night. I was actually happy with how our defense played. Special teams gave up a touchdown on the first play of the game and another in the third quarter. The offensive line needs to improve in a hurry. We knew that coming into the game as 4 of our 5 players were new.  The offense couldn’t stay on the field because there was almost no running room and Brook was getting pressure on almost every play, leading to fumbles and a pick-6. 

All of the Ascender’s first half points came in the first quarter. IMG’s offense was completely shut down in the second quarter. Our offense started to gain a rhythm and they put together a drive to get a field goal, and then another drive that got them to IMG’s 30 before a fumble. There was talk in the stands of a potential comeback, but IMG slammed the door on us with the fumble and then a good drive that got them into the endzone. 

In the second half IMG started running the ball just to take the air out of the game. I’m glad that Venice played IMG because they exposed a lot of areas that we need to work on. It’s all up from here. We will be better from this game, no doubt! 

Stop getting players makes your program look silly.  

2 hours ago, Jullian said:

In 2019 NW played IMG the best , in recent history. They were down 3-0 at the half. A 21-0 run for IMG in the 3rd, which I believe, was started with a punt return for a TD. Bulls held em scoreless in the 2cd & 4th qtr. They lost 24-7. 

Trinity christian beat img but everyone forgets bc img was new. Anyway these schools with privates have down years.  I'm so shocked madison has not fell off.