KICKOFF CLASSICS PREDICTIONS

THIS_IS_DILLARD

7 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Right, because Madison County has never gotten transfers before. :ph34r:

What I will say to get the conversation back on track lol, is you guys (Venice) have a awesome live broadcast. It was my first Venice game I ever watched & score aside it was pretty good very informative broadcasters. 

1 hour ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

What I will say to get the conversation back on track lol, is you guys (Venice) have a awesome live broadcast. It was my first Venice game I ever watched & score aside it was pretty good very informative broadcasters. 

Sometimes there are issues with the broadcast and you’ll get an error code that says “cannot broadcast at this time,” or something like that. I’ve had to call the NFHS site to get my money back a few times. 

14 hours ago, FBGUY1989 said:

Personally schools should stop scheduling IMG Academy 

Maybe but it should always be up the each individual school who they play 

Last thing we need is the FHSAA copying California and blocking certain teams Especially when a lot of teams specifically in North Florida are cowards who won't play good teams when one comes calling

11 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Sometimes there are issues with the broadcast and you’ll get an error code that says “cannot broadcast at this time,” or something like that. I’ve had to call the NFHS site to get my money back a few times. 

Not NFHS , the actual broadcasting system for Venice they were live last night on YouTube 

14 hours ago, KeemD321 said:

Cocoa beats Merritt Island 36 -0 in a half of play. Game got called before the second half started. 

Palm Bay scrapes by Satellite 21-7. Palm Bay scoring last with 3 seconds left after Satellite tried a fake punt with 4mins left at their own 30. 

Rockledge loses to Treasure Coast 16 to 14.

Eau Gallie beats Viera and controlled the game.

Bayside beats Seabreeze yesterday 28-14. 

Speaking of Seabreeze, their starting and 2nd string QBs both played tonight against each other for Merritt Island and Cocoa.

Honestly this isn't really an upset, I know people are super high on Rockledge but Treasure Coast is the better team 

I do think it's a good sign for Rockledge they were able to compete with them though

15 hours ago, skyway said:

No doubt. I knew they lost two Rbs, but then I watched film of the 2024 kid that replaced them. That was when I knew that those guys left because they were soon to become backups. Venice knows now too. IMG would handle Lakeland most likely as well. Would have to be a Bill Castle special with ball control eating the clock etc to have a chance.

Lakeland would have put up a much better fight than Venice did.

3 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

Well, I commend your admission to the REALITY of some programs.   Top programs attract top players, that is understood by all.  We just recently got a top running back from a neighboring HS, although we don't NEED him as we got excellent RB's already.  My example, you needed a QB then went and got one.  Prior to that happening, that kid had approached our staff about coming to our school as he had been playing with most of our kids in the 7v7 team for the past 5 years or so.  I have a theory of why he made the switch and went there, but it is just that.  A theory by a keen observer, not an undisputable fact. 

Players make moves for lots of reasons. I don't know anything about him. Obviously, players "shop around". It's a wild time.

9 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Lakeland would have put up a much better fight than Venice did.

Lakeland wouldn't be able to get much done on offense, save for grinding out some first downs and chewing clock. Maybe Tyler Williams or Money would make a big play or two. But, I think Lakeland's defense, if they shortened the rotation and stuck with their best 11-14 players, could hang in vs. the IMG offense. Overall, IMG is a different animal and regular HS teams shouldn't be compared to them.

Venice needs Kintigh back. Even with him, a 4-win season seems likely. The schedule is just too insane. 

7 minutes ago, skyway said:

Lakeland wouldn't be able to get much done on offense, save for grinding out some first downs and chewing clock. Maybe Tyler Williams or Money would make a big play or two. But, I think Lakeland's defense, if they shortened the rotation and stuck with their best 11-14 players, could hang in vs. the IMG offense. Overall, IMG is a different animal and regular HS teams shouldn't be compared to them.

Venice needs Kintigh back. Even with him, a 4-win season seems likely. The schedule is just too insane. 

I think Venice can win 6 or 7 games with a push. Naples, Riverview, Sarasota, Palmetto, IMG varsity, and Clearwater all should be wins. Miami Northwestern, CMD, and Seminole are the toss-ups with SFA as an almost certain loss. 

32 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

I think Venice can win 6 or 7 games with a push. Naples, Riverview, Sarasota, Palmetto, IMG varsity, and Clearwater all should be wins. Miami Northwestern, CMD, and Seminole are the toss-ups with SFA as an almost certain loss. 

My guess was based on thinking one loss will come to either Naples or Riverview, but I suppose that may not happen. Flying blind on CAI, but as I've said before my prediction is they will be a beast, beat Venice and have a shot at Lakeland. 

2 hours ago, skyway said:

Players make moves for lots of reasons. I don't know anything about him. Obviously, players "shop around". It's a wild time.

Strange, you seem to know alot about everyone and everything else Lakeland but not the QB.  Sure!!  This difference of opinion will not be decided by you or I but others who may have an interest in this topic. 

6 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

Looks like our opponent for next week, Treasure Coast rode into Rockledge last night and emerged with a victory (albeit a last second FG off a TO).  Wondering if Keem watched this game and if so what his takeaway is as both are forecast to be extremely good teams. 

Honestly it was sloppy game but a dogfight. Tied at 7 at the half and Rockledge led 14 to 13 in the 4th. Lots of penalties. Rockledge defense is pretty solid. You can catch the replay of the game on space Coast daily website or their Facebook to get a better grasp. I watched the latter part of the game due to watching the Cocoa v Merritt Island game and some of the Viera v Eau Gallie and Satellite v Palm Bay game.

3 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Honestly this isn't really an upset, I know people are super high on Rockledge but Treasure Coast is the better team 

I do think it's a good sign for Rockledge they were able to compete with them though

It was a sloppy game by both and Treasure Coast won on a last minute field goal. 

To me the biggest game that showed alot in Brevard was the Satellite v Palm Bay game.

2 hours ago, KeemD321 said:

Honestly it was sloppy game but a dogfight. Tied at 7 at the half and Rockledge led 14 to 13 in the 4th. Lots of penalties. Rockledge defense is pretty solid. You can catch the replay of the game on space Coast daily website or their Facebook to get a better grasp. I watched the latter part of the game due to watching the Cocoa v Merritt Island game and some of the Viera v Eau Gallie and Satellite v Palm Bay game.

Thanks, will probably try to watch after the Jones v MNW game tonight or catch it tomorrow.  Both Rockledge and TC are on our schedule this year so get double the bang for your buck.  :lol:  

1 hour ago, Ray Icaza said:

Strange, you seem to know alot about everyone and everything else Lakeland but not the QB.  Sure!!  This difference of opinion will not be decided by you or I but others who may have an interest in this topic. 

I don't know anything about any of the players personally, nor do I wish to know. Sometimes things show up on Twitter. That's it.

I remember the topic of traveling large distances for K.O. classics coming up a few days ago. It's just a bad idea to even try to play games in Florida (especially away from the coasts) around 7-8pm this time of year there. Lightning delays are virtually guaranteed. I feel bad for MNW and their fans. That's a long way to travel for a game that should've been obvious was going to be extremely difficult to play.

8 minutes ago, skyway said:

I remember the topic of traveling large distances for K.O. classics coming up a few days ago. It's just a bad idea to even try to play games in Florida (especially away from the coasts) around 7-8pm this time of year there. Lightning delays are virtually guaranteed. I feel bad for MNW and their fans. That's a long way to travel for a game that should've been obvious was going to be extremely difficult to play.

Kickoff time set for 745 now able to watch on VSN Florida

38 minutes ago, skyway said:

I don't know anything about any of the players personally, nor do I wish to know. Sometimes things show up on Twitter. That's it.

Are you the same guy that accused Columbia of always wanting to get the last word? Thought so.  I am not accusing Lakeland of recruiting this particular player, just reflecting on you bragging over a month ago, so sorry I met gloating that Lakeland "Out Recruited" Lake Gibson for this particular kid.  Now you want us to believe he was just "Shopping Around".   Got It.

On 8/20/2022 at 10:43 AM, skyway said:

IMG and a couple of others are in a class of their own. They offer housing to players. Typical private schools can not do this.

Skyway, I am not here to defend IMG in any way, shape or form.   However, I do want to point out that the FHSAA Handbook does have a policy (policy 35) that expressly allows for Boarding Schools.   Too many specifics to go into here, but if all the i's are dotted and the t's are crossed, boarding school athletes can play sports and the schools can compete in the FHSAA championship series.  In other words, kids can live on school campus along with the non-athletes.   Now, if you're talking about a school providing housing for the kid and his family, that's a different story. 

9 minutes ago, Perspective said:

Skyway, I am not here to defend IMG in any way, shape or form.   However, I do want to point out that the FHSAA Handbook does have a policy (policy 35) that expressly allows for Boarding Schools.   Too many specifics to go into here, but if all the i's are dotted and the t's are crossed, boarding school athletes can play sports and the schools can compete in the FHSAA championship series.  In other words, kids can live on school campus along with the non-athletes.   Now, if you're talking about a school providing housing for the kid and his family, that's a different story. 

People will say STA is one of the schools boarding students yet I don't see anything on their website where this so called "student boarding" exists

But a certain Lakeland fan will say with no doubts that STA is out there recruiting and housing athletes because some clown who don't know football on that Prep Gridiron board will say it's true and some people actually think that board is full of intelligent posters and not just a South Georgia regional board that it really is :lol:

7 minutes ago, Perspective said:

I think the rule is that athletes can't receive special benefits for it 

Meaning as long as the school boarding applies the same standard to all students there's no rule against it but that becomes a very grey area once you dig into it 

On 8/19/2022 at 10:44 PM, Ray Icaza said:

Roughly 30 games cancelled due to weather in our area including our anticipated match with APK.  Has to be frustrating for all coaches and kids that were prepared to show what they would look like in the upcoming season.  Hope we don't have a repeat next week.  

Ray, I was peaking ahead at the weather for this Friday in the Tampa Bay area.  "Summer rain patterns" have returned and likely will continue through the end of this week.  Right now, I've seen 70% - 80% chance of late afternoon thunderstorms in the area.   It won't surprise me to see several games get canceled or postponed  . . . and since the weather likely will be the same on Saturday, I suspect we'll see some Saturday morning or early Saturday afternoon games. 

44 minutes ago, Perspective said:

Ray, I was peaking ahead at the weather for this Friday in the Tampa Bay area.  "Summer rain patterns" have returned and likely will continue through the end of this week.  Right now, I've seen 70% - 80% chance of late afternoon thunderstorms in the area.   It won't surprise me to see several games get canceled or postponed  . . . and since the weather likely will be the same on Saturday, I suspect we'll see some Saturday morning or early Saturday afternoon games. 

Agree, as most years in our area the first 2-3 weeks of HS football we have to endure showers (but we see a game).  When lightning gets in the mix it is not fun for most fans to show up and not see a game.