KICKOFF CLASSICS PREDICTIONS

THIS_IS_DILLARD

On 8/20/2022 at 7:47 PM, Ray Icaza said:

Are you the same guy that accused Columbia of always wanting to get the last word? Thought so.  I am not accusing Lakeland of recruiting this particular player, just reflecting on you bragging over a month ago, so sorry I met gloating that Lakeland "Out Recruited" Lake Gibson for this particular kid.  Now you want us to believe he was just "Shopping Around".   Got It.

I mentioned this particular poster a year ago that he doesn't have a clue what he's talking about concerning Lakeland and most of what is happening in Polk County. You on the other hand are just a Lakeland hater period. I partly understand why but your dislike for that program won't change "facts".

Nobody "recruited" the kid in question more than your favorite school. And I do mean nobody.

Even though he put up record setting numbers at his previous school he and his family were fed up with the nonsense at that program and decided that enough was enough. They (FAMILY) wanted his senior year to be at a place with discipline first and foremost and a winning culture being second most.

They (FAMILY) made a total list of two (2) programs to consider. Your favorite school (a very good program close by, and one that had been after him for YEARS), and a legendary program, albeit on the other side of the county.

The choice was made after talking/visiting both campuses, so save the out recruited nonsense. Gunner Holland did a rain dance when he heard the news that the kid in question made the other choice..... That is until David Buggs "mysteriously" showed up on Thaker Ave. :rolleyes:

And while we are at it, how many D1 prospects at St. Cloud, Poinciana, Gateway, Celebration, Harmony, Liberty, Tohopekaliga combined?

It's funny how two Lakeland posters are by far the most out of touch people on any of these boards 

One is a coward who blocked me because I called him out for being dishonest and claiming that the recent heavy transfer movement in Polk County was a first after he previously lied and said "transfers is just a SFL and private school issue" 

The other is one who acts like he's some honorable person yet will openly defend someone who has went on an "anonymous" message board and doxed multiple posters by posting their pictures which he only got through stalking

What a great group of honorable people LMAO

1 hour ago, LakelandGator said:

I mentioned this particular poster a year ago that he doesn't have a clue what he's talking about concerning Lakeland and most of what is happening in Polk County. You on the other hand are just a Lakeland hater period. I partly understand why but your dislike for that program won't change "facts".

Nobody "recruited" the kid in question more than your favorite school. And I do mean nobody.

Even though he put up record setting numbers at his previous school he and his family were fed up with the nonsense at that program and decided that enough was enough. They (FAMILY) wanted his senior year to be at a place with discipline first and foremost and a winning culture being second most.

They (FAMILY) made a total list of two (2) programs to consider. Your favorite school (a very good program close by, and one that had been after him for YEARS), and a legendary program, albeit on the other side of the county.

The choice was made after talking/visiting both campuses, so save the out recruited nonsense. Gunner Holland did a rain dance when he heard the news that the kid in question made the other choice..... That is until David Buggs "mysteriously" showed up on Thaker Ave. :rolleyes:

And while we are at it, how many D1 prospects at St. Cloud, Poinciana, Gateway, Celebration, Harmony, Liberty, Tohopekaliga combined?

They get transfers and transfers have been happening in Polk county and any other large county

You just try to cover it up because it doesn't help your argument, you can block me but it doesn't make you right you coward!

And you can argue with yourself because I have nothing to gain arguing with someone as dishonest as you

So I'm taking a page out of your book and blocking you but unlike you I'm doing it because you have nothing interesting to say and I'm not gonna waste my energy on someone who has no credibility or respect

On 8/20/2022 at 7:47 PM, Ray Icaza said:

Are you the same guy that accused Columbia of always wanting to get the last word? Thought so.  I am not accusing Lakeland of recruiting this particular player, just reflecting on you bragging over a month ago, so sorry I met gloating that Lakeland "Out Recruited" Lake Gibson for this particular kid.  Now you want us to believe he was just "Shopping Around".   Got It.

It's no surprise he would be such a hypocrite honestly

He was defending a poster on the national board after that poster doxed multiple posters including going onto someone's LinkedIn page to get a picture and made it their own profile picture to try an intimate another poster 

Anyone who condones that kind of behavior is just as compliant and is a cancer to these boards 

23 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

It's no surprise he would be such a hypocrite honestly

He was defending a poster on the national board after that poster doxed multiple posters including going onto someone's LinkedIn page to get a picture and made it their own profile picture to try an intimate another poster 

Anyone who condones that kind of behavior is just as compliant and is a cancer to these boards 

I like when you said Madison recuirt itself.  Greenville gives them alot of talent.  Oh yeah madison fast this year like crazy I think 7 plus guys run under 4.6 40. Teams better be careful on defense.  

8 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

Agree, as most years in our area the first 2-3 weeks of HS football we have to endure showers (but we see a game).  When lightning gets in the mix it is not fun for most fans to show up and not see a game.  

Is Buggs starting at QB over Holland? 

4 hours ago, LakelandGator said:

Your take is laughable as I did not accuse Lakeland of recruiting this particular kid if they taught you how to read and spell in Polk county; it's THACKER AVE by the way.  I know nothing about this poster other than repeating his take.  The crap you are shoveling my way needs to be directed at him, otherwise you are putting yourself in the same box.  As for Gunner Holland, you obviously don't know diddly as he would prefer to play D and as a 2 time state wrestling champ is happy to compete with anyone.  As I tend to fall back on, facts are troublesome and pointing out violations committed by your beloved "Legendary" school is undeniable.   Others reading can decide who the "HATER" is.  

On 8/20/2022 at 5:33 PM, KeemD321 said:

It was a sloppy game by both and Treasure Coast won on a last minute field goal. 

To me the biggest game that showed alot in Brevard was the Satellite v Palm Bay game.

It’s too early to call Palm Bay fake… sat has a really good defense and held Palm Bay varsity to 1 TD 4 completions in 3 qtrs…

with that performance they have absolutely no chance against Cocoa… prob lose to them during the season and then in the regionals… 

12 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

It's funny how two Lakeland posters are by far the most out of touch people on any of these boards 

One is a coward who blocked me because I called him out for being dishonest and claiming that the recent heavy transfer movement in Polk County was a first after he previously lied and said "transfers is just a SFL and private school issue" 

The other is one who acts like he's some honorable person yet will openly defend someone who has went on an "anonymous" message board and doxed multiple posters by posting their pictures which he only got through stalking

What a great group of honorable people LMAO

I don't have any clue as to what you're talking about. The fact that you keep talking about it further demonstrates what a disturbed, sick little puppy you are. You're delusional and disturbed.

Yall really is on this interntet going hard at eachother over highschool kids & message boards. Life is real & this is petty. we can have good discussions without all this side none-sense fellas. End of the day we all grown men on here & can get into sports without feelings getting involved 

9 hours ago, LetsGo said:

It’s too early to call Palm Bay fake… sat has a really good defense and held Palm Bay varsity to 1 TD 4 completions in 3 qtrs…

with that performance they have absolutely no chance against Cocoa… prob lose to them during the season and then in the regionals… 

I'm in no way calling them fake. Just all the chatter I've seen had them hyping themselves up as back and frontrunners for their district. Also the way they celebrated that last touchdown kinda threw me off especially seeing nobody talked to the player immediately after. Also they've been talking like there's no way they don't win their district. 

They are gonna be more competitive and improved from seasons past. But that showing from last Friday doesn't bode too well. I see them going anywhere from 5-5 and 7-3. Always had them locked as district runner up. I see them sticking with Cocoa for about a quarter n a half.

2 hours ago, Jags904 said:

Ahh I understand. I wasn’t impressed when I saw Buggs but I haven’t seen much out of Holland either (other than knowing that he’s a great athlete) 

Not alot of tape on Holland as he has been a backup the past two years, so only recent takes are from our Blue-Gold scrimmage and Spring game vs Edgewater in May.  I posted my observations from that game as was impressed by his composure, earning his teammates respect and ability to make plays with his arm and his feet, all vs a quality opponent.  Buggs played for a local christian school so don't know his thinking in transferring over, but we are happy to have him, just a big step up in the level of competition for him.  Someone making an issue of this transfer as if we got someone we really needed knows nothing about our personnel.  I didn't view it as a big "GET" when he starting practicing and over the last couple of months that view hasn't changed.  Again, we will learn much more on Friday vs Treasure Coast.

Speaking of boarding students on campus, my now retired doctor's son from Daytona Beach lived on the Jacksonville Bolles campus in a rehabbed motel converted to a student dorm. This was in the early 2000's. Also Chipper Jones (H.O.F Atlanta Braves) from Pierson, FL  left his parent's home to play high school baseball at Bolles. This also was many years ago. One would think if they could do it back then in Jacksonville anybody could (STA) if they had the dorms after dotting the i's and crossing the t's.  

8 hours ago, Dan in Daytona said:

Speaking of boarding students on campus, my now retired doctor's son from Daytona Beach lived on the Jacksonville Bolles campus in a rehabbed motel converted to a student dorm. This was in the early 2000's. Also Chipper Jones (H.O.F Atlanta Braves) from Pierson, FL  left his parent's home to play high school baseball at Bolles. This also was many years ago. One would think if they could did it back then in Jacksonville anybody could (STA) if they had the dorms after dotting the i's and crossing the t's.  

Many of Bolles swimming Olympians did/do the same. Awesome campus. I wonder how they’ll be this year. 

There are a handful of schools across the state that hold themselves out as 'boarding schools.'  Bolles is one of them.  Admiral Farragut Academy in St. Pete is another one.  Here's a list that someone put together of the Top 10 boarding schools in Florida: https://www.boardingschoolreview.com/florida.  Bolles and Admiral Farragut are on the list, along with IMG and Montverde.

In short, you can be a boarding school and you can still participate in FHSAA-sanctioned sports so long as you meet the requirements of Policy 35.   To my knowledge, STA is not a boarding school and no one lives on campus - unless they are living in the locker room like Rudy did when he first started at Notre Dame.  :P

Under FHSAA rules, no student is supposed to receive any benefits of any kind simply by virtue of the fact that they are an athlete.  No scholarships, no free tuition, no free room and board, etc.  Nothing.  Nada.   Does it happen?  Oh, I suspect so. 

2 hours ago, Perspective said:

...To my knowledge, STA is not a boarding school and no one lives on campus - unless they are living in the locker room like Rudy did when he first started at Notre Dame.  :P

I hear they got a heck of a multi-level parking garage/dorm. Always trying to get an edge. :)

On 8/21/2022 at 8:23 PM, LakelandGator said:

Poinciana has 2 d1 prospects at this moment. One or 2 others may have a d1 offer by the end of the year!  These wont be Big D1's , but d1 anyway