Miami northwestern AD under fire for lack of funding toward this Saturday game in Orlando

THIS_IS_DILLARD

20 minutes ago, skyway said:

There are some who might say that Jones and Northwestern are just having a little scrimmage to try new things out, see who will make the varsity, generally not care about winning or losing, and it will basically be like an NFL preseason game. How accurate is this?

:D

It's been getting a whole lot of hype on social media as the Soul Bowl 

16 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

Both sides are talking alot of trash, so no don't think they will just be going thru the motions.  Jones wants revenge and MNW wants to embarass them.  Sounds like they will be fighting to get that win.  

17 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

I'm sure. I've been telling folks on a national board that it will be a real game, played to win. In other parts of the country, they are convinced these games are all not any different than NFL preseason games. It's asinine, but they're determined to keep thinking that :lol:

2 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I’m referencing to when both schools had to play two games in a span 4 days. 

it’s obvious the drive times from FTL to pahokee is nowhere the drive time of FTL to Orlando lol. I wish it was I’ll be in Orlando every weekend lol haha.

The reference by Nolebull had to do with drive distance as nowhere did he say they played those games within the same week, but I understand if you misinterpreted his example.  Looking at the AHP 2019 schedule those games he referenced were both played on back to back Fridays, not the same week.  We completely understand the complications of playing on a Monday then turning around and playing that same Friday, so not easy as we did it just last year ourselves.  Depending on the competition it may be more desirable than driving 4 hours each way in my humble opinion.   

11 minutes ago, skyway said:

I'm sure. I've been telling folks on a national board that it will be a real game, played to win. In other parts of the country, they are convinced these games are all not any different than NFL preseason games. It's asinine, but they're determined to keep thinking that :lol:

Some KOC's are as you pointed out, a chance to let kids prove themselves and experiment with new personnel, defenses, offenses, etc...  some play 1 qtr. or a half with the JV or non-starters.  That is usually an agreement between coaches prior to the game.  This one we are discussing is definitely not that, they are each wanting the bragging rights. 

10 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

The reference by Nolebull had to do with drive distance as nowhere did he say they played those games within the same week, but I understand if you misinterpreted his example.  Looking at the AHP 2019 schedule those games he referenced were both played on back to back Fridays, not the same week.  We completely understand the complications of playing on a Monday then turning around and playing that same Friday, so not easy as we did it just last year ourselves.  Depending on the competition it may be more desirable than driving 4 hours each way in my humble opinion.   

What Made me give that analogy Is when he mentioned Covid year. Covid was in 2020 not 2019. 

but even then he didn’t mentions about any back to back games in one week, it was solely about the distance and same day of travel round trip so my apologies on that. 

18 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Some KOC's are as you pointed out, a chance to let kids prove themselves and experiment with new personnel, defenses, offenses, etc...  some play 1 qtr. or a half with the JV or non-starters.  That is usually an agreement between coaches prior to the game.  This one we are discussing is definitely not that, they are each wanting the bragging rights. 

My guess regarding attendance and those mocking it, this will probably be one of the highest attended KOC's in the entire state when it is all said and done.  

20 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

I assume Osceola-Apopka will be played for real/to win as well!? I've already been telling people they can rub it in if Lakeland does poorly vs. Armwood. No excuses will be offered here (unless it turns out there were significant injuries which I know nothing about and do not expect). 

7 minutes ago, skyway said:

I assume Osceola-Apopka will be played for real/to win as well!? I've already been telling people they can rub it in if Lakeland does poorly vs. Armwood. No excuses will be offered here (unless it turns out there were significant injuries which I know nothing about and do not expect). 

My understanding is that both coaches agreed to play varsity all 4 quarters with no special requirements.  Each will decide what they want to achieve with this game as a springboard into the regular season.  Should be a hard nosed, physical matchup as that is both teams DNA.  As I have told you before, last year's weakness (OL) is expected to be a strength and due to depth I expect to see them utilizing different bodies up front to make those personnel decisions.  Hopefully both teams will emerge healthy for an extremely difficult schedule going forward. 

3 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

It was the covid year for AHP. My son got a pic with Surtain and he’s wearing a mask. Lol 

Took the schedule off of the Maxprep site and the games you referenced played back to back were in 2019 according to them.  The 2020 schedule doesn't reflect that so I could be wrong relying on them.   However, my point was not when those games were played as the pain was the drive.  

5 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

Took the schedule off of the Maxprep site and the games you referenced played back to back were in 2019 according to them.  The 2020 schedule doesn't reflect that so I could be wrong relying on them.   However, my point was not when those games were played as the pain was the drive.  

No it’s 2020. You gotta check again 9/25 and 10/2