MNW at Jones (LIVE)

Dan in Daytona

2 minutes ago, Dan in Daytona said:

end of 3. Bulls ball...

Thank you for the updates. I heard that there was a tornado somewhere in Orlando tonight. Hope everyone stays safe. Jones is putting up a better fight than some expected. Still a good bit of football to be played.

Still have alot of work to do. Had too many penalties, special teams coverage have to improve, Tyger had a subpar game which he missed some throws he usually makes and he didn't throw one TD tonight. All that said still put up 42 points. Both lines played better than last year especially the oline. They were running right at Jones most of the night with 4 backs. 2 seniors 1 soph and 1 freshman. Jones has some talent but didn't see much from Malik Bryant tonight. Number 11 and 7 made most of their plays at the lb/de position. Nw started subbing people in and out on both sides except the qb from middle of 3rd qtr on. Seems like play calling was a little conservative for NW offense. Maybe it was a little of us taking what Jones was giving us and holding some back for regular season.

17 minutes ago, FBGUY1989 said:

I hope this lost doesn't affect the rest of their schedule cause a lot of football is still to be played 

I think they'll have a solid season with a couple losses. They showed that they're willing to keep fighting. At times early it looked like they were ready to give up. But they pushed through it

1 hour ago, KeemD321 said:

I think they'll have a solid season with a couple losses. They showed that they're willing to keep fighting. At times early it looked like they were ready to give up. But they pushed through it

I too thought they were out of it early and fought back. They didn't have an answer for the Bulls defense.

Agree with most analysis as MNW was the better team, but Jones missed some chances early (WR wide open on opening drive and they just missed him for potential early score) and some dropped balls.  Main observation was despite the weather, almost an hour delay the reported crowd was at 9,000.  Shows the interest in this game despite some people poking fun at this so called "Soul Bowl".

3 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

Agree with most analysis as MNW was the better team, but Jones missed some chances early (WR wide open on opening drive and they just missed him for potential early score) and some dropped balls.  Main observation was despite the weather, almost an hour delay the reported crowd was at 9,000.  Shows the interest in this game despite some people poking fun at this so called "Soul Bowl".

Never able to see much of the crowd from my desktop computer monitor (23"), but 9,000 hyped up fans (on a rainy night) for a pre-season "KICK OFF CLASSIC" is something to behold !  How's that old saying go -   If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's a ???  If it's two historic Florida black high schools from rival big cities, both with enthusiastic fans and alumni going back decades and generations, it's a classic. It might not be the "original"  Soul Bowl, but it sure looked like it, sounded like it ,..,..,.., :) 

6 minutes ago, Dan in Daytona said:

Never able to see much of the crowd from my desktop computer monitor (23"), but 9,000 hyped up fans (on a rainy night) for a pre-season "KICK OFF CLASSIC" is something to behold !  How's that old saying go -   If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's a ???  If it's two historic Florida black high schools from rival big cities, both with enthusiastic fans and alumni going back decades and generations, it's a classic. It might not be the "original"  Soul Bowl, but it sure looked like it, sounded like it ,..,..,.., :) 

most def Alotta history behind them schools but ian gon lie. I want the west to play evans sorry asx. put 80 on dem ppl for 99