MNW at Jones (LIVE)

Dan in Daytona

2 minutes ago, cribboy305 said:

most def Alotta history behind them schools but ian gon lie. I want the west to play evans sorry asx. put 80 on dem ppl for 99

I hear you... not a big Evans fan either.  In 1975 they knocked my Mainland Bucs out of the state basketball playoffs on the way to the championship behind their monster center Darryl "Chocolate Thunder" Dawkins. I've also witnessed the animosity between the Bulls and Trojan fans at the state Track and Field Championships and at Bob Hayes in Jacksonville. MNW might be famous for football, but in boys and girls track and field they are 2nd to no one. And their fans in the stands will tell you whether you want to hear it or not. I love it.   :)

58 minutes ago, cribboy305 said:

most def Alotta history behind them schools but ian gon lie. I want the west to play evans sorry asx. put 80 on dem ppl for 99

Evans has not had good back to back seasons since 2001. MNW beating Evans of today would prove nothing. If you said Apopka for the 2001 beatdown that would make more sense and would be a better game. For while Da West has been better than Apopka most years over the past 15 or so years, at least they would be getting a good match up.

Evans football could return to its past success, but to do so, they would need a solid coaching staff that would be able to convince the kids to stay home and not go elsewhere. I am sure one day that will happen, but they are not there yet. 

1 hour ago, Dan in Daytona said:

I hear you... not a big Evans fan either.  In 1975 they knocked my Mainland Bucs out of the state basketball playoffs on the way to the championship behind their monster center Darryl "Chocolate Thunder" Dawkins. I've also witnessed the animosity between the Bulls and Trojan fans at the state Track and Field Championships and at Bob Hayes in Jacksonville. MNW might be famous for football, but in boys and girls track and field they are 2nd to no one. And their fans in the stands will tell you whether you want to hear it or not. I love it.   :)

You better believe it, track & football year round down here. 

26 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Evans has not had good back to back seasons since 2001. MNW beating Evans of today would prove nothing. If you said Apopka for the 2001 beatdown that would make more sense and would be a better game. For while Da West has been better than Apopka most years over the past 15 or so years, at least they would be getting a good match up.

Evans football could return to its past success, but to do so, they would need a solid coaching staff that would be able to convince the kids to stay home and not go elsewhere. I am sure one day that will happen, but they are not there yet. 

we’ll see about apopka whenever that time come. the difference between the two L’s tho was yall just handled business. them ppl had home cooking & they was just not post to win that game

34 minutes ago, cribboy305 said:

til then we’ll let columbus or palmetto handle yall 

We are 1-1 versus Columbus. They won a game that we threw away in the final ten minutes. We are 0-0 against Palmetto, having never played them. If the final is Apopka versus one of them, I don't think Apopka will be trembling in its shoes. But, the regular season has not started yet, yet alone the playoffs; so, we will see how it goes. 

I will say this: If Palmetto does not have more than a very basic offense (which is what they have had the past few years), I don't see how they score against our defense. 

7 hours ago, Dan in Daytona said:

This is true lol.