FINAL DILLARD 35 ROCK CREEK CHRISTIAN ACADEMY 0

THIS_IS_DILLARD

12 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Couldn’t agree more. Even tho when I first seen the schedule I didn’t see Dillard winning all 3 out of MC, CM & STA I mean how many teams could especially with 2 being on the road. 

what I will say is I’m gonna be looking closely to see how Dillard performs in each if it’s toe to toe & we come up short in one of them , MAYBE 2 sure we wouldn’t have the bragging rights, but I believe it will show that Dillard can compete with the nations best. 

now to be considered nationally elite Dillard has to win atleast 2/3 

@ chaminade week 2 

@ MIAMI central week 5 

STA @ DILLARD Week 7

i believe Dillard has already shown that they’re state elite & taking down the #5 Maryland team in blow out fashion help gain them some national attention. So hey one game at a time & we will see where we’re at. Next week is gonna be huge. 

STA is the most winnable game on the list. CMD is a few steps ahead of them and Miami Central is going to be a loss. Central is easily the best team in the state. 

51 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Couldn’t agree more. Even tho when I first seen the schedule I didn’t see Dillard winning all 3 out of MC, CM & STA I mean how many teams could especially with 2 being on the road. 

what I will say is I’m gonna be looking closely to see how Dillard performs in each if it’s toe to toe & we come up short in one of them , MAYBE 2 sure we wouldn’t have the bragging rights, but I believe it will show that Dillard can compete with the nations best. 

@ chaminade week 2 

@ MIAMI central week 5 

STA @ DILLARD Week 7

i believe Dillard has already shown that they’re state elite & taking down the #5 Maryland team in blow out fashion help gain them some national attention. So hey one game at a time & we will see where we’re at. Next week is gonna be huge. 

You are 100% correct saying who in the state of FL could win all 3 of these games and my answer would be no one.  Winning any of them will be a challenge and hope you can manage at least one.  Those are ball busters for sure, but in reality the rest of your schedule, at least in preseason forecast has no team in Josh's top 25 or Maxprep top 50 albeit some good teams.  Point being, these 3 games is really the only thing you can hang your hat on wanting recognition as being ELITE.  Dozens of other FL teams could win the other 7.

5 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

You are 100% correct saying who in the state of FL could win all 3 of these games and my answer would be no one.  Winning any of them will be a challenge and hope you can manage at least one.  Those are ball busters for sure, but in reality the rest of your schedule, at least in preseason forecast has no team in Josh's top 25 or Maxprep top 50 albeit some good teams.  Point being, these 3 games is really the only thing you can hang your hat on wanting recognition as being ELITE.  Dozens of other FL teams could win the other 7.

1. Is a must!! 2. Would give me chills. All 3. I’ll be in tears lol. 

at the end of the day tho what really matters is the post season, because let’s say Dillard wins all 3 of those get the national rankings & notoriety then don’t finish in the playoffs that would be a monumental disappointing. 

with the schedule we have. We will most def be battle ready and tested come playoff time! , but as I stated earlier one game at a time. & right now chaminade is on the clock & unfortunately they have NO AWAY SIDE! Smh lol

3 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

at the end of the day tho what really matters is the post season, because let’s say Dillard wins all 3 of those get the national rankings & notoriety then don’t finish in the playoffs that would be a monumental disappointing. 

with the schedule we have. We will most def be battle ready and tested come playoff time! , but as I stated earlier one game at a time. & right now chaminade is on the clock & unfortunately they have NO AWAY SIDE! Smh lol

Another point I can agree with, worry about winning playoff games and state rather than other people recognizing you as ELITE which is your term not mine.  The respect you seek will be earned as you have also put it, "How You Finish the Season".

54 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Now what will you  say if we beat central ? Lol

The psychological dynamics heading into the game will have to be like they were for Central vs. IMG. Central was able to sell to their kids the idea that they were massive underdogs expected to be blown out. So, they played with their hair on fire. If Dillard is able to play convinced they are the massive underdogs expected to get blown out (like last year at STA), they likely have a chance. If they come into the game thinking they are the favorites (kids can be really silly), Central likely wipes the floor with them.

1 hour ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

If you win all three of these games and can't finish your business in the playoffs, it would be a monumental letdown, especially if you did not at least make the final (as it's possible a team could come out of nowhere to win the title). 

My best guess is that Dillard should win at least one of the three and quite possibly two. If you won all three, I tip my hat to the team and staff. 

50 minutes ago, skyway said:

The psychological dynamics heading into the game will have to be like they were for Central vs. IMG. Central was able to sell to their kids the idea that they were massive underdogs expected to be blown out. So, they played with their hair on fire. If Dillard is able to play convinced they are the massive underdogs expected to get blown out (like last year at STA), they likely have a chance. If they come into the game thinking they are the favorites (kids can be really silly), Central likely wipes the floor with them.

After the rockets beat iMG @img Dillard will almost 100% will be the underdog that game regardless of what they do vs chaminade unless Dillard goes in there and beat the lions by 50. 

dillard will most def be ready and motivated it’s dade vs broward @ the Mecca, plus the last time we faced this team was with our late head coach Eddie Frazier also a dear friend of mine so I’m sure playing for Eddie is gonna be something that’s thrown in the huddle. But most of all that is just gonna be a very great game between to very good African American public schools it’s just a shame one team has to lose. 

18 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

If you win all three of these games and can't finish your business in the playoffs, it would be a monumental letdown, especially if you did not at least make the final (as it's possible a team could come out of nowhere to win the title). 

My best guess is that Dillard should win at least one of the three and quite possibly two. If you won all three, I tip my hat to the team and staff. 

I couldn’t agree more the playoffs is what matters leave it all on the field each game see where you’re at come week 10 & get ready for a deep playoff run. 

can’t look ahead and overlook anybody. For example last night Dillard could’ve hung 80 on that team but knowing the schedule they have ahead they start taking the starters out mid second qt. And had all backups in after halftime. 

5 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

@ chaminade week 2 

@ MIAMI central week 5 

STA @ DILLARD Week 7

I can see y'all winning against Chaminade and STA. The games against Chaminade and Central will be close. With y'all sealing the win against STA late with a FG to put it out of reach and forcing a turnover late to ice the game winning by 9.

1 hour ago, KeemD321 said:

I can see y'all winning against Chaminade and STA. The games against Chaminade and Central will be close. With y'all sealing the win against STA late with a FG to put it out of reach and forcing a turnover late to ice the game winning by 9.

Definitely agree that Dillard is just flat-out a better team than STA this season. Strong returning class on top of a bevy of transfers might have made them the best team in Broward, on paper! Central gets better as the season goes along. That will be their toughest game by far. Central should have scheduled a SFA or SJB this season. They would have been great games!

8 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Definitely agree that Dillard is just flat-out a better team than STA this season. Strong returning class on top of a bevy of transfers might have made them the best team in Broward, on paper! Central gets better as the season goes along. That will be their toughest game by far. Central should have scheduled a SFA or SJB this season. They would have been great games!

They would have been great games I agree. Next week is gonna be crazy huge this game vs chaminade made sell out the same day tickets go on sale. 

with no away side and the way we travel plus our band smh 

10 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Dillard best public 

Chaminade is the best team on paper though but we will see how Dillard does with Chaminade

56 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

They would have been great games I agree. Next week is gonna be crazy huge this game vs chaminade made sell out the same day tickets go on sale. 

with no away side and the way we travel plus our band smh 

Going to be a great game. A win over CMD would be huge! You know the Lions have high expectations. Drag them back down to Earth with a big win!

I was at the game last night and against rock creek last week. Last week against rock creek Dillard had numerous of penalties. Probably over 130 yards worth. It was the same undisciplined football team again last night. Dillard scored on the first play of the game and it was a clear holding call the ref missed on the LB that freed the runner (video all over the internet). On the fumble play you're complaining about, it was a clear personal foul face masking penalty before the runner was strapped of the ball, that's why the Lions regained possession. If you are a TRUE Dillard fan then you know Dillard always have several penalties in big games. Dillard jumped off sides like 8 times last night. Dillard had several unsportsmanlike penalties for taunting after the play. And their offensive line had several holding penalties as always.  You got away with the penalties against a second year program in Rock Creek. But Dillard won't have a chance to beat any of the S. Florida powerhouses with so many penalties. Both teams had several penalties, making the game long and boring at times. Also Chaminade gave Dillard several first downs on taunting penalties on 4th down. But all those drives stalled with terrible play calling. Other than that first TD and the other long TD by #2, Dillard offense was awful and the defense looked out of shape and lost at times. Dillard has the talent, especially on the DL and offensive skill positions. But they need to put it together asap. Overall Chaminade is just a better team than Dillard and are use to playing in big games.