WEEK 1 PREDICTIONS

THIS_IS_DILLARD

15 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

So far it doesn’t seem that we’re gonna have “PICKEMS” this year & at the very least not this week. So let’s create a thread for week 1 which is filled with GREAT MATCHUPS. 

feel free to post some notable games in your area and the predictions you have for them. 

Venice vs The West, the rematch!

IMG vs Central

Riverview vs Sanford Seminole

Jones vs Cocoa

Osceola vs Treasure Coast

Dillard vs Rock Creek

STA vs SJP

Columbia vs Buccholz

All should be great games!

I’ll start first 

MIAMI central (0-0) @ img (0-0) - wheww what a game this is gonna be, I’m going to take MIAMI central in a nail biter (28-21).

ST JOHNS DC (0-0) @ chaminade (0-0)“Broward Vs nationals” - both teams are very VERY good but I think chaminades defense is gonna be to much for St. John’s so I’m gonna go

(Chaminade 31 St. John’s 17)

Miami northwestern (0-0) @ Venice (0-0) - Man oh Man what a game this is gonna be, last year the bulls were ran out of traz Powell by the Indians, so The bulls are MOST DEF looking to return the favor. 

the Indians on the other hand was ran out of their own stadium last week vs iMG , so they are most def ready to get that sour taste out their mOuth. 

PREDICTION- while I see this game being close, Venice CANNOT afford another slow start, this game can go either way but I’m gonna take the bulls in a nail biter

MNW 35 VENICE 28

JONES VS COCOA - this is gonna be another great one, both teams with huge potential this year, after being beat down by MNW last week Jones is going to want to take out that frustration on cocoa and with a daunting schedule coming up @ img vs Duncanville, every win counts for the tigers. 

PREDICTION: I’m gonna say COCOA 24 JONES 17 

ROCK CREEK CHRISTIAN ACADEMY (0-0) @ DILLARD (0-0) Whewww the trash talk from rock creek coming into this game is HEAVY lol! We will see if they can back it up. 

the eagles are entering their second season of varsity play, they went (7-1) on the year, Dillard who went (11-2) last year will be coming in over a very good MIAMI Norland team in their kickoff classics, and with a national elite schedule for Dillard, NOW the real fun begins. Dillard has not beat an out of state opponent in football in school history, they have that chance Friday. 

PREDICTION: I think Dillard will be a entirely different beast rock creek has ever seen up until this point, so I’m going Dillard.

DILLARD 49 ROCK CREEK 13

ST JOSEPH PREP @ ST THOMAS AQUINAS - don’t know much about st Joseph’s but I do believe this should be a great game, but I’m gonna go with the raiders in this one just off pure championship pedigree 

PREDICTION: ST THOMAS 35 ST JOSEPH PREP 14

@ColumbiaHighFan2017class @cribboy305 @Jullian @DarterBlue2 @muckboy561 @561_Fan @VeniceIndiansFootball

A handful of interesting games in the Tampa Bay area:

Plant City vs. Newsome -- who's a contender and who's a pretender?

Plant vs. TBT -- this game could get ugly early for the Panthers, but they hung tough last week with a Wharton team that many expect to contend with TBT and Armwood for the district title.

Wharton vs. Jesuit -- Will Wharton's O-line give Stacy Gage any room to get out into space or will Jesuit show why many expect them to defend their state championship title?

Berkeley vs. Clearwater Central Catholic -- Battle of the Bay for the best of the smaller, private schools in the Bay area.

Leto vs. Blake - interesting because, well, because one of the two teams has to actually win this game. ;)

38 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I’ll start first 

MIAMI central (0-0) @ img (0-0) - wheww what a game this is gonna be, I’m going to take MIAMI central in a nail biter (28-21).

ST JOHNS DC (0-0) @ chaminade (0-0)“Broward Vs nationals” - both teams are very VERY good but I think chaminades defense is gonna be to much for St. John’s so I’m gonna go

(Chaminade 31 St. John’s 17)

Miami northwestern (0-0) @ Venice (0-0) - Man oh Man what a game this is gonna be, last year the bulls were ran out of traz Powell by the Indians, so The bulls are MOST DEF looking to return the favor. 

the Indians on the other hand was ran out of their own stadium last week vs iMG , so they are most def ready to get that sour taste out their mOuth. 

PREDICTION- while I see this game being close, Venice CANNOT afford another slow start, this game can go either way but I’m gonna take the bulls in a nail biter

MNW 35 VENICE 28

JONES VS COCOA - this is gonna be another great one, both teams with huge potential this year, after being beat down by MNW last week Jones is going to want to take out that frustration on cocoa and with a daunting schedule coming up @ img vs Duncanville, every win counts for the tigers. 

PREDICTION: I’m gonna say COCOA 24 JONES 17 

ROCK CREEK CHRISTIAN ACADEMY (0-0) @ DILLARD (0-0) Whewww the trash talk from rock creek coming into this game is HEAVY lol! We will see if they can back it up. 

the eagles are entering their second season of varsity play, they went (7-1) on the year, Dillard who went (11-2) last year will be coming in over a very good MIAMI Norland team in their kickoff classics, and with a national elite schedule for Dillard, NOW the real fun begins. Dillard has not beat an out of state opponent in football in school history, they have that chance Friday. 

PREDICTION: I think Dillard will be a entirely different beast rock creek has ever seen up until this point, so I’m going Dillard.

DILLARD 49 ROCK CREEK 13

ST JOSEPH PREP @ ST THOMAS AQUINAS - don’t know much about st Joseph’s but I do believe this should be a great game, but I’m gonna go with the raiders in this one just off pure championship pedigree 

PREDICTION: ST THOMAS 35 ST JOSEPH PREP 14

@ColumbiaHighFan2017class @cribboy305 @Jullian @DarterBlue2 @muckboy561 @561_Fan @VeniceIndiansFootball

Crib boy must be paying u to pick Central over IMG!!! Lol. IMG 30 Central 15. Aquinas score looks about right. The Nade wins a close one. Cocoa nips Jones. Panthers collect their first outta state win in front of a rabid over flow stadium! 

22 minutes ago, Perspective said:

Plant vs. TBT -- this game could get ugly early for the Panthers, but they hung tough last week with a Wharton team that many expect to contend with TBT and Armwood for the district title.

Wharton vs. Jesuit -- Will Wharton's O-line give Stacy Gage any room to get out into space or will Jesuit show why many expect them to defend their state championship title?

Berkeley vs. Clearwater Central Catholic -- Battle of the Bay for the best of the smaller, private schools in the Bay area.

Leto vs. Blake - interesting because, well, because one of the two teams has to actually win this game. ;)

TBT over Plant. Not a great start for Wharton last week over toothless Panthers. 

love the Berkeley Prep vs CCC game! Prep slightly favored probably. 

Jesuit will play their game: Great special teams. Capitalize on turnovers. Mistake free football. Hit a couple home runs. Jesuit -20. 

33 minutes ago, Perspective said:

Lol at the last matchup 

13 minutes ago, Jullian said:

Crib boy must be paying u to pick Central over IMG!!! Lol. IMG 30 Central 15. Aquinas score looks about right. The Nade wins a close one. Cocoa nips Jones. Panthers collect their first outta state win in front of a rabid over flow stadium! 

Lol not at all. U know I’m broward county all day that’s where my loyalty at. But if ANY team in Florida gonna be iMG this year then it’s gonna be them ROC BOYZ off 95th st. 

I believe they have the offense, defense & the STR8 Up dawgs to do it. Many pick the rockets as the best team in all of Florida so this is the perfect Time to prove it. 

16 minutes ago, Jullian said:

That game vs rock creek is gonna be rabid tho 

56 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

IMG vs Central

Jones vs Cocoa

Dillard vs Rock Creek

STA vs SJP

Columbia vs Buccholz

Venice has dropped consecutive games to Lakeland & IMG, both so called practice games. Score of the Bulls game vs Jones, looked closer than the game was. Indians have yet to show if they’re from the same mold as last years state championship team. Bulls defense MUCH improved. 
Bulls 31 Indians 20. 

love the Osceola vs Treasure Coast matchup. Flip a coin. 

Columbia vs Buchholtz is huge. I always think of Tigers making big mistakes. 
Bobcats -3

5 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Lol not at all. U know I’m broward county all day that’s where my loyalty at. But if ANY team in Florida gonna be iMG this year then it’s gonna be them ROC BOYZ off 95th st. 

I believe they have the offense, defense & the STR8 Up dawgs to do it. Many pick the rockets as the best team in all of Florida so this is the perfect Time to prove it. 

Been singing the same song since they lost Florida HSFB’s best big game coach. Hype ain’t gonna win a game like this. COACHING is!!!! We’ll see. I’m actually rooting for Rockets to take em down…..

7 minutes ago, Jullian said:

Venice has dropped consecutive games to Lakeland & IMG, both so called practice games. Score of the Bulls game vs Jones, looked closer than the game was. Indians have yet to show if they’re from the same mold as last years state championship team. Bulls defense MUCH improved. 
Bulls 31 Indians 20. 

Bobcats -3

Don’t know much if anything about bucholz , I do know they’re avg to above Avg so if Columbia comes with the same gameplay they had vs Swuanee or however the hell you say it I think the tigers are gonna lose by atleast 14.

4 minutes ago, Jullian said:

Been singing the same song since they lost Florida HSFB’s best big game coach. Hype ain’t gonna win a game like this. COACHING is!!!! We’ll see. I’m actually rooting for Rockets to take em down…..

It would be good if DILLARD and miamis central came in undefeated on sep 23rd can you imagine the hype.!?! It’s still gonna be a monumental matchup either way because of the name and fan base. 

but in order for both teams to come in undefeated MIAMI central is gonna have to take down a top 5 team in the country in iMG & Dillard is gonna have to take down the #5 ranked team in Maryland , then the top 10 team in the nation in chaminade. 

24 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

It would be good if DILLARD and miamis central came in undefeated on sep 23rd can you imagine the hype.!?! It’s still gonna be a monumental matchup either way because of the name and fan base. 

but in order for both teams to come in undefeated MIAMI central is gonna have to take down a top 5 team in the country in iMG & Dillard is gonna have to take down the #5 ranked team in Maryland , then the top 10 team in the nation in chaminade. 

Yeah. Sum hurdles in the way.
Either way, Panthers gotta go to Traz & play tough man football. Still got the taste in my mouth of the Rockets blasting the Panthers outta Otis Grey stadium a few years ago. 

gonna catch Chaminade Saturday night at Brian Picolo field. See what the Panthers up against next week. 9pm. 

1 hour ago, Jullian said:

Bulls 31 Indians 20. 

Bobcats -3

What I know is this 

Columbia will be getting a key player back on offense this week for Buchholz and another 1-2 players who are likely considered doubtful but still small hope they get cleared 

Columbia didn't show their full hand against Suwannee and there were other stuff that I won't discuss publicly that affected the start of the game and led to some of the mistakes

I will allow people to think whatever they want about the matchup but I don't expect the same team that came out against Suwannee, Columbia will be ready Thursday for Buchholz

56 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Don’t be surprised when Miami Central wins on Friday. Both teams are gonna come into that game undefeated. 

31 minutes ago, Jullian said:

Yeah. Sum hurdles in the way.
Either way, Panthers gotta go to Traz & play tough man football. Still got the taste in my mouth of the Rockets blasting the Panthers outta Otis Grey stadium a few years ago. 

gonna catch Chaminade Saturday night at Brian Picolo field. See what the Panthers up against next week. 9pm. 

We ready,we ready , we ready 

7 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

IMG vs Central

Jones vs Cocoa

Dillard vs Rock Creek

STA vs SJP

Columbia vs Buccholz

Good game under the radar: Miami Columbus vs Benedictine Military (GA defending AAAA champs). Columbus beat them at home in Savanah last season.

Columbus finally made the decision at QB - went with the 3* Mendoza instead of 4* Posse - who transfered out today (AHP I hear?), got 4* Cedrik Irvin in the backfield, and a scary defense led by 5* TJ Capers. I'm thinking defense keeps the dual threat QB from Benedictine contained and shuts down the scoring: Final 24-8 Explorers.

LET'S GO!!!

10 minutes ago, ExplorerHomer2 said:

Good game under the radar: Miami Columbus vs Benedictine Military (GA defending AAAA champs). Columbus beat them at home in Savanah last season.

Columbus finally made the decision at QB - went with the 3* Mendoza instead of 4* Posse - who transfered out today (AHP I hear?), got 4* Cedrik Irvin in the backfield, and a scary defense led by 5* TJ Capers. I'm thinking defense keeps the dual threat QB from Benedictine contained and shuts down the scoring: Final 24-8 Explorers.

LET'S GO!!!

I could be wrong, but under FHSAA rules, if 4* Posse practiced with Columbus even once this fall (even if he didn't play in a game), he won't be eligible to play for another FHSAA-member team this fall.   I hope he knew that when he jumped ship.  And I hope he doesn't have any regrets when 3* Mendoza gets injured in the first game of the season.  (Note:   I'm certainly not wishing that on Mendoza kid; it's just funny how that tends to happen).

9 minutes ago, Perspective said:

I could be wrong, but under FHSAA rules, if 4* Posse practiced with Columbus even once this fall (even if he didn't play in a game), he won't be eligible to play for another FHSAA-member team this fall.   I hope he knew that when he jumped ship.  And I hope he doesn't have any regrets when 3* Mendoza gets injured in the first game of the season.  (Note:   I'm certainly not wishing that on Mendoza kid; it's just funny how that tends to happen).

I don't think that rule is the same anymore

I remember a certain Miami Dade public powerhouse picking up a kid from Gulliver before the playoffs and he was eligible and even went from a 3* to a 4* the week he transferred 

25 minutes ago, ExplorerHomer2 said:

LET'S GO!!!

Good luck explores 

1 hour ago, Perspective said:

Not sure if that's the case, but I sure hope not. He's a real nice kid. As a junior he has another year to play and improve. Kid has a cannon for an arm and a prototypical QB build. Just didn't work out for us. I wish him the best.