WEEK 1 PREDICTIONS

THIS_IS_DILLARD

8 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Don’t be surprised when Miami Central wins on Friday. Both teams are gonna come into that game undefeated. 

IMG 42 Central 14 maybe 21... Central starting QB gets antsy in the pocket when facing a good dline. The other one he splits time with will run but he's not that accurate of a passer. Their oline did pretty well last year but didn't face a dline like this one. Central is a run first team. If they can't run the ball and control the clock it will get ugly.

1 hour ago, Jullian said:

Cocoa: close in the 4th, they win

Rockledge needs to bust through with a win vs SoFlo. 

How much Melbourne has coming back from a real good 2021?

All 3 games should be good. 

Melbourne basically returns their whole OLine and QB. They should be just as good if not better than last season. Their KOC against Lake Brantley would've been a great gauge of where they are but it got cancelled. I see them beating Lake Minneola though. 

As for the Cocoa game I see them implementing some of the things Northwestern did. Seems like Cocoa is also starting faster offensively than last season. If their screen and running game gets going early, look for them to hit Jones deep to their 6'5 receiver and with slants. 

Rockledge vs Gulliver is a toss up that can very well be a defensive battle. If they can keep Gulliver Prep playmakers in check look for them to win a close one.

30 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

People think I’m crazy for saying that Central is going to beat IMG. Your eyes will be wide open when the Rockets put the Ascenders down and stake their claim. I don’t need to say anything else. MC’s defense alone will keep them in it

I don't 

People just refuse to believe that any team can compete with IMG then when you show examples they look for excuses 

In SWF, I am looking forward to seeing how the Lehigh/Naples game turns out.  Lehigh has loads of D-1 talent including of course, Richard Young.  Naples has their share of top talent as well.  The Golden Eagles' triple option is very difficult to defend.  I think they win a close one if Young is held to a 100 yards or less. The only thing that would surprise me is if this game is decided by more than 10 points.  

When in doubt, look up the rules: 

28 2022-23 FHSAA Handbook
9.3.2 Transfer Eligibility. A student who transfers from one school to another will be eligible at the new school provided the student qualifies under one of the following:
9.3.2.1 Transfer before Starting a Sport. A student who has not started a sport may seek to immediately
join an existing team if the roster for the specific interscholastic or intrascholastic extracurricular activity has not reached that activity’s identified maximum size, provided the coach for the activity determines that the student has the requisite skill and ability to participate 1006.15(9)(a), F.S.). The student may not be declared ineligible because the student did not have the opportunity to comply with qualifying requirements.
9.3.2.2 Transfer after Starting a Sport. A student may not participate in a sport if the student participated in that same sport at another school during that school year, unless the student meets one of the following criteria 1006.15(9)(b), F.S.):
(a) Dependent children of active duty military personnel whose move resulted from military orders.
(b) Children who have been relocated due to a foster care placement in a different school zone.
(c) Children who move due to a court-ordered change in custody due to separation or divorce, or the serious illness or death of a custodial parent.
(d) Authorized for good cause in district, private or charter school board policy.

9.3.3 Qualifying Transfer Student Becomes Eligible on Sixth Day of Attendance. A transfer student
who qualifies under Bylaw 9.3.2 will be eligible for competition on the sixth school day of attendance at the new school if:
(a) The school has received and evaluated the student’s official transcript provided by his/her former school; and
(b) The school has determined that the student meets all eligibility requirements

So, I guess the question is whether there is "good cause."

Q.  So, why did you transfer?

A.  'Cause the other QB was good.

B)

58 minutes ago, Wavebb said:

In SWF, I am looking forward to seeing how the Lehigh/Naples game turns out.  Lehigh has loads of D-1 talent including of course, Richard Young.  Naples has their share of top talent as well.  The Golden Eagles' triple option is very difficult to defend.  I think they win a close one if Young is held to a 100 yards or less. The only thing that would surprise me is if this game is decided by more than 10 points.  

What kinda passing game Lehigh has? U know the DC for Naples gonna stack the box if they don’t have a downfield threat. 

Venice 21 vs The West 28

IMG 35 vs Central 21

Riverview 10 vs Sanford Seminole 38

Jones 21 vs Cocoa 35

Osceola 28 vs Treasure Coast 17

Benedictine 35 vs Columbus 38

Dillard 31 vs Rock Creek 17

STA 35 vs SJP 14

St Johns DC 21 vs Chaminade 28

Dematha 24 vs Cardinal Gibbons 21

Los Al 21 vs AHP 31

1 hour ago, ohs vargas said:

Venice 21 vs The West 28

IMG 35 vs Central 21

Jones 21 vs Cocoa 35

STA 35 vs SJP 14

Los Al 21 vs AHP 31

Solid predictions. Although I don’t see Rick creek putting up 17. But we will see they may be lucky enough to get a garbage time td to get on the board lol

5 hours ago, ohs vargas said:

Venice 21 vs The West 28

IMG 35 vs Central 21

Jones 21 vs Cocoa 35

STA 35 vs SJP 14

Los Al 21 vs AHP 31

Mostly agree with your list, but I think Treasure Coast will be a little too much for Osceola right out of the gate. 

Riverview vs Sanford Seminole will be much closer than 38-10.

I think Central has the roster to upset IMG

Neither Venice nor Northwestern score that many points. Northwestern will probably win if Venice can't clean up their issues on special teams and the o-line, but I think it will be more of a low-scoring slugfest.

STA vs SJP looks right

I could see Dematha running away from CG. Gibbons might have a tough season this year with all of the talent they have lost, but you can never count them out with Coach Dubuc. We will see.

Dillard pounds Rock Creek into the dirt.

Alamitos finds a way to make things interesting but doesn't have the juice to keep up with AHP forever. 

I can't predict CMD vs St. Johns. I hope the Lions win but that might be the toughest game on this list. Wow.

Cocoa overpowers Jones late in a shootout.

Columbus finds a way to KO Benedictine

Buccholz defeats Columbia, but it will not be the blowout some on this board have suggested.

On 8/23/2022 at 6:43 PM, Perspective said:

I could be wrong, but under FHSAA rules, if 4* Posse practiced with Columbus even once this fall (even if he didn't play in a game), he won't be eligible to play for another FHSAA-member team this fall.   I hope he knew that when he jumped ship.  And I hope he doesn't have any regrets when 3* Mendoza gets injured in the first game of the season.  (Note:   I'm certainly not wishing that on Mendoza kid; it's just funny how that tends to happen).

On 8/23/2022 at 6:29 PM, ExplorerHomer2 said:

Good game under the radar: Miami Columbus vs Benedictine Military (GA defending AAAA champs). Columbus beat them at home in Savanah last season.

Columbus finally made the decision at QB - went with the 3* Mendoza instead of 4* Posse - who transfered out today (AHP I hear?), got 4* Cedrik Irvin in the backfield, and a scary defense led by 5* TJ Capers. I'm thinking defense keeps the dual threat QB from Benedictine contained and shuts down the scoring: Final 24-8 Explorers.

LET'S GO!!!

Looks like he's at Edison (private to public) 

15 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Mostly agree with your list, but I think Treasure Coast will be a little too much for Osceola right out of the gate.       Good point but watching Treasure Coast against Rockledge, Rockledge made to many mistakes. To me Rockledge could have closed the game out but too many mistakes/turnovers. As long as Osceola's offense limits the turnovers, the defense should lead the way.

Riverview vs Sanford Seminole will be much closer than 38-10. 

Seminole to much, I expect it to be similar to last years opener. 

I think Central has the roster to upset IMG

Central got to prove me wrong, IMG looked very good at Venice.

Neither Venice nor Northwestern score that many points. Northwestern will probably win if Venice can't clean up their issues on special teams and the o-line, but I think it will be more of a low-scoring slugfest.

This one is a coin toss to me, can go either way.

STA vs SJP looks right !

I could see Dematha running away from CG. Gibbons might have a tough season this year with all of the talent they have lost, but you can never count them out with Coach Dubuc. We will see.

This one is my sleeper game, hearing Dematha has a pretty solid team and tbh not sure how Gibbons looks yet. So very interested in this matchup

Dillard pounds Rock Creek into the dirt. !

Alamitos finds a way to make things interesting but doesn't have the juice to keep up with AHP forever.  Bingo!

I can't predict CMD vs St. Johns. I hope the Lions win but that might be the toughest game on this list. Wow. Yes this one for me is the game of the week

Cocoa overpowers Jones late in a shootout. !

Columbus finds a way to KO Benedictine. I hope so!

Buccholz defeats Columbia, but it will not be the blowout some on this board have suggested. Not familiar with what either team has coming back or might have picked up

A lot of media outlets are predicting Jones to win over Cocoa big.  But after seeing the vsn sports report for the games of the week they did in Cocoa with the interview they did with Cocoa's coach, offensive and defensive leaders......idk Cocoa may be coming into this game with a chip on their shoulder. Their HC says he was upset with the way that they played against Merritt Island and that they didn't play up to their standard. Said they made too many mistakes with some penalties, dropped touchdown passes and assignments. I may have to bump up that point spread just a hair to 9 in favor of Cocoa.

I also see Gibbons sneaking away with a close win. They bring back their offensive leaders and good amount of talent from last season. Their defense is the only question mark to me.

2 hours ago, cribboy305 said:

Its halftime at this palmetto & homestead game & ian gon lie… homestead looking real poised. they coming different this year

They’re gonna be a tough ass matchup for whoever face them in the playoffs home or away. 

whose all in their district ? Whoever it is the broncos has to be the fav 

20 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

They’re gonna be a tough ass matchup for whoever face them in the playoffs home or away. 

So would you say the game against them last year wasn't a fluke and they were really good. Now granted they lost to St. Thomas the next week but they're a powerhouse though 

47 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

yea nobody special at all, but with power rankings districts basically don’t matter come playoffs. 

1 hour ago, FBGUY1989 said:

So would you say the game against them last year wasn't a fluke and they were really good. Now granted they lost to St. Thomas the next week but they're a powerhouse though 

That’s the thing, from jump I knew they was a formidable opp, nobody in the media outlets was talking about them tho because they’re not your typical dade county powerhouse especially in recent memory. 

coming into that game last year they were (10-1) just like us & they were at home ; so it was pretty much a pick em game at best. 

i just think so many football fans & media outlets was so disappointed because everybody had already preconceived the Dillard Vs STA rematch that’s what everybody wanted to see & unfortunately it didn’t happen.

1 hour ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

That’s the thing, from jump I knew they was a formidable opp, nobody in the media outlets was talking about them tho because they’re not your typical dade county powerhouse especially in recent memory. 

coming into that game last year they were (10-1) just like us & they were at home ; so it was pretty much a pick em game at best. 

i just think so many football fans & media outlets was so disappointed because everybody had already preconceived the Dillard Vs STA rematch that’s what everybody wanted to see & unfortunately it didn’t happen.

So true

11 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Unless you’re the district winner, because that pretty much guarantee you HFA atleast to the state semis. 

very true. Iknow the only comp in yall district is STA so things will be fun come october. go beat th out them ppl tonight tho please, anything traveling past palm beach in the red zone so send them folks back north real discouraged. western handled up, yall turn.