WEEK 1 PREDICTIONS

THIS_IS_DILLARD

1 hour ago, cribboy305 said:

very true. Iknow the only comp in yall district is STA so things will be fun come october. go beat th out them ppl tonight tho please, anything traveling past palm beach in the red zone so send them folks back north real discouraged. western handled up, yall turn. 

Sayless bro, we having a blue out tonight. Our field has been revamped by Nike. They put our name in the end zones and got a huge aihh Nike check in the middle of the field, shii look raw Asf 

but yea this would be our first OOS win in our program history to oh yeah we most def going up tonight that place about to be a madd house lol.

1 hour ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Sayless bro, we having a blue out tonight. Our field has been revamped by Nike. They put our name in the end zones and got a huge aihh Nike check in the middle of the field, shii look raw Asf 

but yea this would be our first OOS win in our program history to oh yeah we most def going up tonight that place about to be a madd house lol.

dammm I gotta see that, thats lit! Get that dubbbbb!!!!

On 8/23/2022 at 11:10 AM, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I’ll start first 

MIAMI central (0-0) @ img (0-0) - wheww what a game this is gonna be, I’m going to take MIAMI central in a nail biter (28-21).

ST JOHNS DC (0-0) @ chaminade (0-0)“Broward Vs nationals” - both teams are very VERY good but I think chaminades defense is gonna be to much for St. John’s so I’m gonna go

(Chaminade 31 St. John’s 17)

Miami northwestern (0-0) @ Venice (0-0) - Man oh Man what a game this is gonna be, last year the bulls were ran out of traz Powell by the Indians, so The bulls are MOST DEF looking to return the favor. 

the Indians on the other hand was ran out of their own stadium last week vs iMG , so they are most def ready to get that sour taste out their mOuth. 

PREDICTION- while I see this game being close, Venice CANNOT afford another slow start, this game can go either way but I’m gonna take the bulls in a nail biter

MNW 35 VENICE 28

JONES VS COCOA - this is gonna be another great one, both teams with huge potential this year, after being beat down by MNW last week Jones is going to want to take out that frustration on cocoa and with a daunting schedule coming up @ img vs Duncanville, every win counts for the tigers. 

PREDICTION: I’m gonna say COCOA 24 JONES 17 

ROCK CREEK CHRISTIAN ACADEMY (0-0) @ DILLARD (0-0) Whewww the trash talk from rock creek coming into this game is HEAVY lol! We will see if they can back it up. 

the eagles are entering their second season of varsity play, they went (7-1) on the year, Dillard who went (11-2) last year will be coming in over a very good MIAMI Norland team in their kickoff classics, and with a national elite schedule for Dillard, NOW the real fun begins. Dillard has not beat an out of state opponent in football in school history, they have that chance Friday. 

PREDICTION: I think Dillard will be a entirely different beast rock creek has ever seen up until this point, so I’m going Dillard.

DILLARD 49 ROCK CREEK 13

ST JOSEPH PREP @ ST THOMAS AQUINAS - don’t know much about st Joseph’s but I do believe this should be a great game, but I’m gonna go with the raiders in this one just off pure championship pedigree 

PREDICTION: ST THOMAS 35 ST JOSEPH PREP 14

@ColumbiaHighFan2017class @cribboy305 @Jullian @DarterBlue2 @muckboy561 @561_Fan @VeniceIndiansFootball

Em em em I said it lol

On 8/23/2022 at 12:09 PM, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Lol not at all. U know I’m broward county all day that’s where my loyalty at. But if ANY team in Florida gonna be iMG this year then it’s gonna be them ROC BOYZ off 95th st. 

I believe they have the offense, defense & the STR8 Up dawgs to do it. Many pick the rockets as the best team in all of Florida so this is the perfect Time to prove it. 

Make me think I should play the lotto bih LMAO LOL @cribboy305

On 8/23/2022 at 11:04 PM, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

People think I’m crazy for saying that Central is going to beat IMG. Your eyes will be wide open when the Rockets put the Ascenders down and stake their claim. I don’t need to say anything else. MC’s defense alone will keep them in it

Hey @Jesse @topnotch305 @skyway since you three gentlemen  thought my comments were so funny, how’s this one for a laugh? 

37 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Hey @Jesse @topnotch305 @skyway since you three gentlemen  thought my comments were so funny, how’s this one for a laugh? 

Congrats to the Rockets on a great win. It was hard to assess IMG's offense because they scored so quickly and with ease vs. Venice. Once they faced a more athletic defense, their often mediocre offense showed it's head. I wonder why they played a Blair Castle clone all game, instead of the guy who played a lot vs. Venice. I guess I've never really been impressed with their offense. They just have the massive OL and awesome backs and usually walk into end zones. Failing that, it's ugly. 

I don't know about the MNW game for you guys, haven't seen any of it. Did you have a super late rally to make it look close? Venice this season seems most dangerous after they've been blown out of the water and the other team starts to relax. 

4 minutes ago, skyway said:

Congrats to the Rockets on a great win. It was hard to assess IMG's offense because they scored so quickly and with ease vs. Venice. Once they faced a more athletic defense, their often mediocre offense showed it's head. I wonder why they played a Blair Castle clone all game, instead of the guy who played a lot vs. Venice. I guess I've never really been impressed with their offense. They just have the massive OL and awesome backs and usually walk into end zones. Failing that, it's ugly. 

I don't know about the MNW game for you guys, haven't seen any of it. Did you have a super late rally to make it look close? Venice this season seems most dangerous after they've been blown out of the water and the other team starts to relax. 

IMG has the most basic offense in the country: jet sweep left, jet sweep right, 2 off-tackle runs and a power counter with some screens in their passing game. Game-planning for IMG isn’t the hard part; it’s actually pretty easy to know how to stop them. It’s having the athletes to stop what they want to do. MC was down 14-6 at halftime and stormed back to rip the game out of IMG’s hands. That is a product of a good coaching staff! 

Venice lost to MNW, but they beat themselves last night with horrible fumbles and penalties. Those have to improve if we want to get back to states! Overall, I wasn’t very impressed with either team’s offense. They are both run-first. The game started out as a low scoring slug-fest that turned into a shootout in the second half. It was very exciting. Can’t wait to see what they do against Naples next week! 

26 minutes ago, skyway said:

NW was easily in control of that game. Both teams had turnovers and mistakes. Replace NW coaches with some better ones and it would have been 48 to 10. We fumbled inside the 5 yard line and should've scored another 2 times in the red zone. All of this without Jamari Ford playing. A obvious pass play where we had no safety back and not being ready for and onside kick where Venice was down multiple scores comes on the coaching. We need our OC back from last year. Two sloppy games and still scored 42 and 34 points last 2 games. Chaminade in 2 weeks gotta get better. 

4 minutes ago, Jullian said:

QUESTION: Did IMG lose their QB first play? I heard that. Any confirmation? 

Not sure if he did on first play or not but from what I heard he was out. And the football gods were with Central last night as now all these videos are coming out that the DB through the ball in the air before he crossed the goaline on that pick 6. In any event they may have still found a way to win regardless.

1 hour ago, topnotch305 said:

Not sure if he did on first play or not but from what I heard he was out. And the football gods were with Central last night as now all these videos are coming out that the DB through the ball in the air before he crossed the goaline on that pick 6. In any event they may have still found a way to win regardless.

Lol. I heard that. 

8 minutes ago, Jullian said:

Rockledge playing hard!!! Didn’t see that score. 

Most definitely. That ended up being the final. I thought it was gonna be closer. Saw that being the type of score against Manatee, a shootout with Doral and slugfests against Cocoa and Osceola. But if they keep playing like this they'll definitely be hard to beat or run the score up on.

On 8/23/2022 at 11:36 PM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I don't 

People just refuse to believe that any team can compete with IMG then when you show examples they look for excuses 

IMG had something like 20+ 4 or 5 star players on its team last year.   I have no idea about their roster this year but I assumed the same.  However, watching highlights of that game, something looked off with IMG.  Gotta give Central credit because they could be one of the strongest Central teams in recent history (and thats saying something) but IMG just didnt seem to have that explosiveness.  I see comments they lost their QB before the game so that was one weakness I saw and now it makes sense.

8 minutes ago, PinellasFB said:

IMG had something like 20+ 4 or 5 star players on its team last year.   I have no idea about their roster this year but I assumed the same.  However, watching highlights of that game, something looked off with IMG.  Gotta give Central credit because they could be one of the strongest Central teams in recent history (and thats saying something) but IMG just didnt seem to have that explosiveness.  I see comments they lost their QB before the game so that was one weakness I saw and now it makes sense.

They lost the starting QB on their first offensive series. I'm sure their 2nd was more than capable and ready to play. 

11 hours ago, KeemD321 said:

They lost the starting QB on their first offensive series. I'm sure their 2nd was more than capable and ready to play. 

Most 2cd team HS QB’s are far below the starter. Even the “Nations” top teams. Elite QB’s are far & few. Don’t underestimate the loss of their starter! If Chaminade, NW, Central, AH etc lost their starting QB, it would hurt their seasons considerably.  Central had a phenomenal win vs IMG, but ya better put an asterisk by it…….

21 hours ago, KeemD321 said:

Most definitely. That ended up being the final. I thought it was gonna be closer. Saw that being the type of score against Manatee, a shootout with Doral and slugfests against Cocoa and Osceola. But if they keep playing like this they'll definitely be hard to beat or run the score up on.

Great win! Should make them even stronger!!!!

38 minutes ago, Jullian said:

Most 2cd team HS QB’s are far below the starter. Even the “Nations” top teams. Elite QB’s are far & few. Don’t underestimate the loss of their starter! If Chaminade, NW, Central, AH etc lost their starting QB, it would hurt their seasons considerably.  Central had a phenomenal win vs IMG, but ya better put an asterisk by it…….

if they wouldve smashed cent wouldn’t of been no asterik nor a reason just like when central qb went down last year & they lost to bishop gorman by a missed field goal as time expired nobody cut slack or said anything about a qb. stop it julia

49 minutes ago, cribboy305 said:

if they wouldve smashed cent wouldn’t of been no asterik nor a reason just like when central qb went down last year & they lost to bishop gorman by a missed field goal as time expired nobody cut slack or said anything about a qb. stop it julia

Yeah I know it’s football. Period. He went down & Rockets won. That’s the bottom line. The example u use is perfect. Could u have beaten Gorman with your starter playing? A good chance……that’s football too. 

American Heritage played Bartram Trail in the State Championship game. Their starter went down in the first or second series. He was phenomenal. When he was in there he was carving up AH. Might have been a different ending had he played…..BUT that’s football & is one of the five State Titles for the Pats. 

Rockets won & that’ll b in the books as a fact! 

4 minutes ago, Jullian said:

Yeah I know it’s football. Period. He went down & Rockets won. That’s the bottom line. The example u use is perfect. Could u have beaten Gorman with your starter playing? A good chance……that’s football too. 

American Heritage played Bartram Trail in the State Championship game. Their starter went down in the first or second series. He was phenomenal. When he was in there he was carving up AH. Might have been a different ending had he played…..BUT that’s football & is one of the five State Titles for the Pats. 

Rockets won & that’ll b in the books as a fact! 

* Baker County

3 hours ago, Jullian said:

Any QB worthy of being on IMG is not going there to be 2nd string when they could be star QB1 on some great team elsewhere.  That's why IMG typically has one great QB1 and a biggggg drop off if he gets hurt.

3 hours ago, Jullian said:

Na I'm not putting an asterisk. Difference between the teams you mentioned and IMG is just that. Its IMG they literally have 3 different varsity football squads and their national squad has depth at every position with backups who would start at the schools they left. Why would they promote themselves as a team that's trains and practices against nothing but the best if their backups can't hold their own? Central, AHP, Chaminade and Northwestern probably have backups but that's not their only role. Take last season for instance when AHP and Rockledge lost their starting QB. Guess who stepped in as the 2nd string QB?....Their number 1 receiver option for both teams had to take over at QB when they lost their QB.

26 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

Na I'm not putting an asterisk. Difference between the teams you mentioned and IMG is just that. Its IMG they literally have 3 different varsity football squads and their national squad has depth at every position with backups who would start at the schools they left. Why would they promote themselves as a team that's trains and practices against nothing but the best if their backups can't hold their own? Central, AHP, Chaminade and Northwestern probably have backups but that's not their only role. Take last season for instance when AHP and Rockledge lost their starting QB. Guess who stepped in as the 2nd string QB?....Their number 1 receiver option for both teams had to take over at QB when they lost their QB.

Like I said on the national board 

If one player costs a team the game when that team has like 50 FBS players on the roster when they are supposed to have better training and resources than any school in the country than find a new coach 

1 hour ago, KeemD321 said:

Yup. Just my point. No backup QB. Anywho. We all got our opinions.