Week 1 updates

cribboy305

12 hours ago, cribboy305 said:

when you sit & think about the new classes its hard to think they did it for the better of the state lol. they did not want miami/broward running the table anymore in my imo because the more I look at how these districts & classes are made it just seems unfair. ultimately I understand but the level of competition in 2m compared to anything else is crazy

In years past many of the Miami public schools played up a class or two or three. Is that not still an option ?  Must be a half dozen 2 Metro's that would give 4 Metro a fit.   

4 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Gulliver must have fallen a lot. Not very surprised Rockledge is winning, they are a solid team; very surprised by the score. 

I heard gulliver was highly ranked especially after they got the Qb that left us for them. 

that’s why gulliver was picked to win this in blowout fashion 

8 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I heard gulliver was highly ranked especially after they got the Qb that left us for them. 

that’s why gulliver was picked to win this in blowout fashion 

Yea that's why I'm confused on this blowout. I thought it would be competitive. Isn't their QB Davi Belfort? Looks like Rockledge been dominating them the entirety of the game. 

9 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

That is a bit of good news for the Brevard Power 3.  Congrats, not many expected this type of score.

Sure is 2 wins for the top 4 in Brevard in my opinion but Eau Gallie didn't do themselves any favors with schedule or lack of stiff competition. 

Right for top 5 in Brevard I have it:

1.Rockledge 2.Cocoa(Alot to work on personnel and gameplan wise) 3.Eau Gallie(Very improved/Dominant but haven't played anyone yet. Could've proved themselves early if they would've agreed to switch the Cocoa game to week 2) 4.Palm Bay(Dominated an improved Bayside) 5. Melbourne 

AHP should put a scare in people with a dominant offensive output vs Los Alamitos CA, ranked 25th national and top 5 in California (56-27).  The offensive weapons possessed by AHP are frightening from the RB's, WR's and QB.  You better be ready to score some points or won't have a chance.  The number 1 QB in the nation Malachi Nelson and his star receiver are unbelievable talents for Los Al but were no match for AHP.  They beat Lowndes last week and though they have a very strong schedule the game with CMD on 9/16 is a must see. 

On 8/27/2022 at 3:15 PM, KeemD321 said:

Some highlights from Rockledge. Gulliver made some plays but Rockledge would force turnovers and capitalized everytime. 

Watching those highlights it was nowhere close to a 38-0 type game.  Very misleading score.  Gulliver Prep is much stronger than the score suggests.

On 8/27/2022 at 12:05 AM, Dan in Daytona said:

In years past many of the Miami public schools played up a class or two or three. Is that not still an option ?  Must be a half dozen 2 Metro's that would give 4 Metro a fit.   

Just to answer your question, belatedly, the answer is no.  FHSAA Administrative Policies still use student population as the primary determinant in classification of schools.  Appeals can be based on a significant increase or decrease in student population over the prior year (such as a new school opening nearby), or geographic isolation (an out-of-the-way school in an otherwise “Metro” county).  There does not appear to be a process in the current FHSAA policies that allows a school to apply to “play up” for competitive reasons.

On 8/27/2022 at 6:37 PM, Ray Icaza said:

AHP should put a scare in people with a dominant offensive output vs Los Alamitos CA, ranked 25th national and top 5 in California (56-27).  The offensive weapons possessed by AHP are frightening from the RB's, WR's and QB.  You better be ready to score some points or won't have a chance.  The number 1 QB in the nation Malachi Nelson and his star receiver are unbelievable talents for Los Al but were no match for AHP.  They beat Lowndes last week and though they have a very strong schedule the game with CMD on 9/16 is a must see. 

I agree. We have to see how Lowndes and Los Al fare the rest of the way, but at the moment AH should be very close to the top of the state rankings.

2 hours ago, KeemD321 said:

What would you consider the type of game to he from those highlights?

My caveat is I watched the highlights and not the whole game so I could have gotten a misleading impression but from the 15 minutes of highlights, Gulliver was making tons of big plays only to throw a pick 6 or fumble 6 near the goal line resulting in a couple of 14 point swings.  It seems ludicrous to suggest two teams are close to each other after a 38-0 score but I really do think Gulliver Prep could win a rematch if the ball breaks the other way for them.  They didnt seem physically overmatched in other words.