Palm Beach County’s week 1 shocker

561_Fan

10 minutes ago, 561_Fan said:

3. Pahokee losing to Cardinal Newman 

2. Glades Central losing to Seminole Ridge 

1. Palm Beach Central beating Palm Beach Lakes 80-0 after leading 59-0 at the half. 

Honorable Mention: No teams winning around Lake Okeechobee (Pahokee, Glades Central, Glades Day, and Clewiston all lost)

Jesus, 80-0!? How could such a score even happen?

4 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Jesus, 80-0!? How could such a score even happen?

The other team did not belong on the same field and the winning team did not take its foot off the gas.

I remember Apopka in 2001 leading Boone 57-0 at the half in the first round of the playoffs. Difference is that in the second half it was all second and third string on the field and we did not score again. Boone got 17 points facing the running clock. 

23 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

The other team did not belong on the same field and the winning team did not take its foot off the gas.

I remember Apopka in 2001 leading Boone 57-0 at the half in the first round of the playoffs. Difference is that in the second half it was all second and third string on the field and we did not score again. Boone got 17 points facing the running clock. 

Is that what happened? You know for a fact they didn’t let their foot off the gas? Scoring 59 in the first half and only 21 points in the second half would suggest they did let their foot off the gas

Just now, nolebull813 said:

Is that what happened? You know for a fact they didn’t let their foot off the gas? Scoring 59 in the first half and only 21 points in the second half would suggest they did let their foot off the gas

No it does not. There was a running clock. You are luck if you get the ball four times in two quarters when the clock is running. 

And, yes, it is what happened. RD could have eased off the gas early in the second quarter. But he waited till the half to do so. 

1 minute ago, DarterBlue2 said:

No it does not. There was a running clock. You are luck if you get the ball four times in two quarters when the clock is running. 

And, yes, it is what happened. RD could have eased off the gas early in the second quarter. But he waited till the half to do so. 

If you can’t field a varsity team that is not the responsibility of PBC. You know what you got. They should have cancelled the varsity season and only played JV. Palm Beach Central should not be penalized that Lakes can play the game of football. It’s not for everyone. When you decide to field a team and suit up then it’s your responsibility to be competent. If you don’t want a team to score 80 on you then don’t let them score 80 on you!!!

Pahokee losing to CN is not a shocker. CN has the best recruited team in PBC and a proven coached in with Jack Daniels. II believed they would be PK hardest game on the schedule next to Atlantic. Not playing KOC and opening up with CN really hurt them but PK has the weapons and coaches to turn it around. Now, GC losing at home to Seminole Ridge is the Only Real Shocker!!! SR lost to Martin County 49-0 in their KOC last week! According to family there, GC have some horrible assistant coaches but I hope they turn it around before Muck Bowl.. They have time! 

On the other hand, all the experience/starters left PB Lakes (21 transferred out) for Dwyer, Gardens, Cardinal Newman, and Benjamin because Coach AL was let go. I agree with everyone here that they should have just played a JV schedule but I don't think the alumni and parents would have supported that! Now they have 71pts scorer Lincoln this week and a Angry Pahokee team the following week! I hope the players and parents just stick it out for this year and get better for the future! Anyways, PBL is like Kansas a basketball school!

If Lakes wasn’t allowed to play JV only then I’m sure they could have went independent and tried to schedule the worst teams they can find. Land O Lakes dropped out of districts a few years ago before the season started and played independent. So the state should allow it. Not sure if the county can stop It or not. 

Just like there is a lot of good football teams in the tri-county there is a lot of horrible football as well. They could have found some horrible teams to play like Berean, SLAM, Palm Glades Prep, Mourning, Pompano Beach, Miami Country Day, Marathon, Somerset Academy, Taravella, Hialeah, Varela, Northeast just to name a few 

17 hours ago, 561_Fan said:

1. Palm Beach Central beating Palm Beach Lakes 80-0 after leading 59-0 at the half. 

Honorable Mention: No teams winning around Lake Okeechobee (Pahokee, Glades Central, Glades Day, and Clewiston all lost)

Moore Haven won

4 hours ago, BigBoyBall said:

Pahokee losing to CN is not a shocker. CN has the best recruited team in PBC and a proven coached in with Jack Daniels. II believed they would be PK hardest game on the schedule next to Atlantic. Not playing KOC and opening up with CN really hurt them but PK has the weapons and coaches to turn it around. Now, GC losing at home to Seminole Ridge is the Only Real Shocker!!! SR lost to Martin County 49-0 in their KOC last week! According to family there, GC have some horrible assistant coaches but I hope they turn it around before Muck Bowl.. They have time! 

On the other hand, all the experience/starters left PB Lakes (21 transferred out) for Dwyer, Gardens, Cardinal Newman, and Benjamin because Coach AL was let go. I agree with everyone here that they should have just played a JV schedule but I don't think the alumni and parents would have supported that! Now they have 71pts scorer Lincoln this week and a Angry Pahokee team the following week! I hope the players and parents just stick it out for this year and get better for the future! Anyways, PBL is like Kansas a basketball school!

Is Martin County that good? I saw where they beat Bartow 35-7

6 hours ago, BigBoyBall said:

Esp the girls bb. 

2 hours ago, Hwy17 said:

Is Martin County that good? I saw where they beat Bartow 35-7

They made it to the 2nd round last year, but with the new classes, they were put into a district with Treasure Coast, Vero Beach, Centennial and Fort Pierce Central so they may have a tougher time making the playoffs this year. 

On 8/27/2022 at 5:01 PM, 561_Fan said:

Keep in mind, Vero Beach beat Palm Beach Central in this year's Spring Game and we just beat South Fork54-6

19 hours ago, roygod said:

Keep in mind, Vero Beach beat Palm Beach Central in this year's Spring Game and we just beat South Fork54-6

Springs games don’t mean anything. A 10-0 team (before playoffs) lost to an 0-10 team in the spring before. Hell kickoff classics don’t mean anything. Unless you are from Columbia :P

On 8/28/2022 at 9:49 AM, nolebull813 said:

If Lakes wasn’t allowed to play JV only then I’m sure they could have went independent and tried to schedule the worst teams they can find. Land O Lakes dropped out of districts a few years ago before the season started and played independent. So the state should allow it. Not sure if the county can stop It or not. 

Just like there is a lot of good football teams in the tri-county there is a lot of horrible football as well. They could have found some horrible teams to play like Berean, SLAM, Palm Glades Prep, Mourning, Pompano Beach, Miami Country Day, Marathon, Somerset Academy, Taravella, Hialeah, Varela, Northeast just to name a few 

I think in some of the Metro counties, the decision is out of the hands of schools. I thought I read on a board somewhere that the two new schools near Orlando last year HAD to play district schedules. Could be the same in other big areas as well. Or not...I'm not super familiar with things outside of my Osceola County-area bubble

1 hour ago, Coach said:

I think in some of the Metro counties, the decision is out of the hands of schools. I thought I read on a board somewhere that the two new schools near Orlando last year HAD to play district schedules. Could be the same in other big areas as well. Or not...I'm not super familiar with things outside of my Osceola County-area bubble

HAD TO??? Whoa that sounds pretty dramatic. What will happen if they don’t? That sounds like extortion and exploitation. Who the hell is running things there? 

5 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

HAD TO??? Whoa that sounds pretty dramatic. What will happen if they don’t? That sounds like extortion and exploitation. Who the hell is running things there? 

Maybe I misread..or misheard…but I thought they were told they couldn’t go independent. I think it was a decision made above the school level. But again, that could just be speculation. Regardless, seeing a team get beat 80-0 is tough. I think it was a few years ago that Gulf High seemed like a team that opponents tried to outdo each other against. It was like their schedule was like 48-0, 49-0, 55-0, 62-0…I hope these guys don’t have to deal with a season like that over at Palm Beach Lakes

34 minutes ago, Coach said:

Maybe I misread..or misheard…but I thought they were told they couldn’t go independent. I think it was a decision made above the school level. But again, that could just be speculation. Regardless, seeing a team get beat 80-0 is tough. I think it was a few years ago that Gulf High seemed like a team that opponents tried to outdo each other against. It was like their schedule was like 48-0, 49-0, 55-0, 62-0…I hope these guys don’t have to deal with a season like that over at Palm Beach Lakes

Coach you most likely are correct in your assumption as those 2 new schools, Horizon and Lake Buena Vista went 2-18 in 2021;  both were placed in 5A district #6 to bolster a 3 team district.  Obviously, they probably knew it would be advantageous to go Independent like Poinciana in our county but BOTH got placed in that district.  With the new Metro/Suburban configuration for this year, Horizon has been thrown in with Edgewater, Jones and Wekiva in 3M district #3 so their prospect can't be good; again strong reason for going Independent.  As for Lake Buena Vista, they are assigned to 2M district 4 with a single opponent .... Bishop Moore  for a total of 2 teams.  None of this makes any sense.