792 Florida Sports Post Week 1 Rankings

DisabledAccount

Looking at the NE Florida area:

TCA vs Bolles will be good, definitely the two best teams in the area. 

Baker County looked significantly worse than expected against Bradford. Nease should not be first 10 out, losing against an Andrew Jackson team that is not very good. Ed White is as expected, a very solid team. 

NE Florida is quite weak right now. No real state title contenders with the transition to the new metro/suburban groups. 

49 minutes ago, Jags904 said:

Looking at the NE Florida area:

TCA vs Bolles will be good, definitely the two best teams in the area. 

Baker County looked significantly worse than expected against Bradford. Nease should not be first 10 out, losing against an Andrew Jackson team that is not very good. Ed White is as expected, a very solid team. 

NE Florida is quite weak right now. No real state title contenders with the transition to the new metro/suburban groups. 

Yeah Baker struggled but despite what some have done that game was not final so I'm not considering the game until they complete it in week 7 that's why since Baker County was already in the first 10 out I just left them there 

When you say NE Florida what counties are you talking?

17 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

Regarding AHP, I would certainly put them ahead of a few teams ranked higher including ourselves. 

AHP has looked very impressive with their 2 OOS games but I think their dominance had more to do with these teams they played not being that good

AHP is still down from teams they had in the past but they have games remaining with Gibbons and Chaminade that should show where they stand at a state level 

Winning both would put them in the top 5 in Florida

If they split it or lose 2 close games there which I expect they will be in the 10-15 range which is where they were in preseason and now 

18 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Columbia should be banned from a top 50 until they 1. Win a game. 2. Beat a team from the state top 75. 

I already have stated that if they don't look convincing in their game this week they won't be considered for rankings again the rest of the season without a ranked win and currently the only ranked team remaining is TCA

Columbia is in prove it or bye bye mode for this week, I'm just not ready to throw them to the bin after losing to argubly the best defense they will face all season 

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

AHP has looked very impressive with their 2 OOS games but I think their dominance had more to do with these teams they played not being that good

AHP is still down from teams they had in the past but they have games remaining with Gibbons and Chaminade that should show where they stand at a state level 

Winning both would put them in the top 5 in Florida

If they split it or lose 2 close games there which I expect they will be in the 10-15 range which is where they were in preseason and now 

Wait a min so let me get this logic str8. If AHP lose to close games to chaminade & gibbons they will still be top 10-15 in the state. 

but if Dillard loses close games to chaminade & let’s say MIAMI central we won’t even be deemed a top 50 team in Florida ??? 

2 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Wait a min so let me get this logic str8. If AHP lose to close games to chaminade & gibbons they will still be top 10-15 in the state. 

but if Dillard loses close games to chaminade & let’s say MIAMI central we won’t even be deemed a top 50 team in Florida ??? 

If you all lost to those 2 considering they are 1 and 2 you all would likely still be top 20-25 range 

They certainly aren't gonna fall out of the top 50 without losing to someone not named STA, Central and Chaminade

Even if they lost to all 3, if the games are close they probably still would be in the top 25 

Win 2/3 or have the 2 losses close while winning 1 and Dillard may be in the same range as AHP

Again it depends on how these games go

The best way to describe how I rank IN SEASON is look at how the CFB polls operate week to week 

Wins over higher ranked opponents lead to rising faster 

Losses to lower ranked drops hard 

Wins over lower ranked opponents may rise a spot or 2 at most while struggling with a lower ranked opponent may drop a spot or 2 depending upon how teams below them performed that week

Just like in the national polls, Dillard controls their own destiny

You have games with the #1,2 and 4 team in the state, how you do determines how far Dillard can rise in the poll but again look at a college poll

If you have the #12 team play the #1 team and lose by say 7 points

It's likely the #12 team probably falls to #14 or #15 

When you judge the rise/fall from that type of formula the rankings will make more sense 

Obviously some teams fall harder or rise faster for large ranking gaps in the early weeks because I'm still trying to adjust to the preseason rankings which were a different formula but in later weeks the rankings don't change as significantly because many teams by that point in the rankings tend to be ones who beat similar to weaker teams and lose to teams above them so it's expected results so not as seismic of a shift  

3 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Yeah Baker struggled but despite what some have done that game was not final so I'm not considering the game until they complete it in week 7 that's why since Baker County was already in the first 10 out I just left them there 

When you say NE Florida what counties are you talking?

Nassau, Duval, Baker, St Johns, Clay, Putnam, Union, Bradford, Suwannee, and Columbia.