'Cat calling out the snakes, 26 Ineligible at FAMU

Dan in Daytona

Peezy, NulliSecundus, what's going on in Tally with the Rattlers ?  They played a nationally televised opener Saturday (ACC Network) at the University of North Carolina with a partial, bare bones squad missing 26 ineligible players. Didn't this same thing happen a few years back ?  They play a Deion Sanders led Jackson State in Miami next Sunday afternoon in front of the whole nation (ESPN) on Labor Day weekend. Who's running that Mickey Mouse program on the hills of Tallahassee ?  Some are pointing fingers at the alumni (Wink,Wink). SMDH.

4 hours ago, Dan in Daytona said:

Peezy, NulliSecundus, what's going on in Tally with the Rattlers ?  They played a nationally televised opener Saturday (ACC Network) at the University of North Carolina with a partial, bare bones squad missing 26 ineligible players. Didn't this same thing happen a few years back ?  They play a Deion Sanders led Jackson State in Miami next Sunday afternoon in front of the whole nation (ESPN) on Labor Day weekend. Who's running that Micky Mouse program on the hills of Tallahassee ?  Some are pointing fingers at the alumni (Wink,Wink). SMDH.

I was waiting for you to show up :rolleyes:.  I can't say a thing.  We didn't have those problems when I enrolled 28 years ago.

I'm more impressed that FAMU performed better than expected missing that many players.  You should be concerned about how fast and hard the Hurricanes are going to toss you alley cats back into the dumpster from whence you came. :D

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e474astla43cgq9lvf6hz

2 hours ago, Nulli Secundus said:

I was waiting for you to show up :rolleyes:.  I can't say a thing.  We didn't have those problems when I enrolled 28 years ago.

I'm more impressed that FAMU performed better than expected missing that many players.  You should be concerned about how fast and hard the Hurricanes are going to toss you alley cats back into the dumpster from whence you came. :D

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e474astla43cgq9lvf6hz

Hey man, I'm just busting your chops and Peezy's too. Saw a nice TD pass from your Vandy QB transfer. I think the Rattler's did very well in the transfer portal "IF" they can all qualify. Sometimes those P.E. classes can stress a student/athlete's mental capabilities like it did for both of you old school Rattler's.   :)   

46 minutes ago, Dan in Daytona said:

Hey man, I'm just busting your chops and Peezy's too. Saw a nice TD pass from your Vandy QB transfer. I think the Rattler's did very well in the transfer portal "IF" they can all qualify. Sometimes those P.E. classes can stress a student/athlete's mental capabilities like it did for both of you old school Rattler's.   :)   

It's all good and all in fun.  However it's not the stress of P.E. classes, but more so the distraction of other classesMakes me want to go back, lol.  Read between the lines and enjoy!  That's only if that BCU education is worth anything. :P

3 hours ago, Nulli Secundus said:

It's all good and all in fun.  However it's not the stress of P.E. classes, but more so the distraction of other classesMakes me want to go back, lol.  Read between the lines and enjoy!  That's only if that BCU education is worth anything. :P

Can't tell you cause I wasn't there long enough, but CLasses were an enjoyable distraction :)

14 minutes ago, Perspective said:

Thanks for that because I wasn't going to dig for it.  Something doesn't smell right about that situation but I'll keep my personal opinions out until the REST of the story is revealed.  

4 hours ago, Perspective said:

I too read several articles relating to the 26 ineligible players before the original post. The most insightful one was an ex-SID (Sports Information Director) who put the full blame on the incompetence of the FAMU administration. He stated the school had previously had similar issues and what they had done was ask for guidance from FSU who's campus was only one mile down the road. He and others formed a good personal relationship with compliance officers at FSU who freely helped them get their house in order. These two state funded institutions are side by side. Why there isn't more sharing and communication is ridiculous. I guess they're separate Kingdoms in the same neighborhood.         

46 minutes ago, Dan in Daytona said:

I too read several articles relating to the 26 ineligible players before the original post. The most insightful one was an ex-SID (Sports Information Director) who put the full blame on the incompetence of the FAMU administration. He stated the school had previously had similar issues and what they had done was ask for guidance from FSU who's campus was only one mile down the road. He and others formed a good personal relationship with compliance officers at FSU who freely helped them get their house in order. These two state funded institutions are side by side. Why there isn't more sharing and communication is ridiculous. I guess they're separate Kingdoms in the same neighborhood.         

A mile is generous unless talking about the distance between FSU and FAMU administration buildings.  The actual distance between state owned buildings/properties is closer to a quarter mile at best. 

Institutional corruption comes to mind.  An overall attitude and way of conducting business that is not only anti-productive (sometimes illegal) but fosters a culture where the cycle continues regardless of the president, board of trustees and other administrators.  There's a reason why things keep happening beginning with a pattern of checks and balances that are out of whack.  Unfortunately, I experienced that first hand back in '05, smh.

22 hours ago, Nulli Secundus said:

Kinda like that graduation photo that went viral from FAMU campus :ph34r:

On 8/31/2022 at 3:32 AM, Dan in Daytona said:

Fella's (Nulli, KeemD) what did I miss ?  Can't leave me hang'in. It doesn't exist without a link!  If it's to "suggestive" and could run afoul of the boards "G Rating"  PM a brother..... :) 

EDIT OK.OK,Ok, I found it. I'm slooooooooooow,  Nulli.  #oldandconfused

I didn't want to make it blatantly obvious but I'm glad you FINALLY figured it out.  You're not old and confused, just BCU (or in your case, BCC) educated which means you are sloooooooooooow, Alley Cat :D!

I like how the vice president of student affairs said the school was "investigating."   Seriously?   What needs to be investigated?!?  The woman posted it on her own IG account.  She's not hiding anything.  Literally nothing. And it's not like the VP has to go through all the girls' dorms asking the coeds to drop their panties so he can compare booties.   Or maybe that's exactly what he's doing.  :o

I can just hear the VP telling his wife as he leaves for work in the morning:  "Sorry, honey, I have to work late tonight on an important investigation.  I could be up all night." 

And in the meantime, just in case it happens again (and again and again), the school installs cameras near the fountain . . .  not to keep it from happening again, but just to make sure they can watch the video (again and again) when it does happen.   

:P