SEMINOLE SQUEAKS BY OSCEOLA IN OVERTIME 28-27

Ray Icaza

Billed as the game of the week in Central Florida, it lived up to its billing.  A back and forth game that we had a chance to win in regulation but hats off to them blocking the extra point to send the game into Overtime 20-20. They won the toss and of course decided to go on offense last.  On the first play of OT from the 10, Sophomore sensation Taevion Swint punched his 4th TD of the game and we hit the extra point for a 27-20 lead.  On their possession, one of their receivers caught a short pass around the 5 on second down and managed to drag one of our secondary defenders into the endzone.  After a timeout they elected to go for 2 and dialed up an excellent pass play to score the winning 2 points.  Fans on both sides definitely got their monies worth and Seminole offense will definitely be problematic for anyone.  They ended up being the better team making a couple more plays than us and certainly deserve their ranking at the top of 4M.   Most pundits didn't think we could win or even be this close.   We will see how we can continue to  improve for the remainder of the season to come out on top in these type of games. 

9 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Billed as the game of the week in Central Florida, it lived up to its billing.  A back and forth game that we had a chance to win in regulation but hats off to them blocking the extra point to send the game into Overtime 20-20. They won the toss and of course decided to go on offense last.  On the first play of OT from the 10, Sophomore sensation Taevion Swint punched his 4th TD of the game and we hit the extra point for a 27-20 lead.  On their possession, one of their receivers caught a short pass around the 5 on second down and managed to drag one of our secondary defenders into the endzone.  After a timeout they elected to go for 2 and dialed up an excellent pass play to score the winning 2 points.  Fans on both sides definitely got their monies worth and Seminole offense will definitely be problematic for anyone.  They ended up being the better team making a couple more plays than us and certainly deserve their ranking at the top of 4M.   Most pundits didn't think we could win or even be this close.   We will see how we can continue to  improve for the remainder of the season to come out on top in these type of games. 

Who’d you guys play at QB tonight? Sounds like an awesome game. I think Osceola is certainly one of the favorites to win 4S and same with Seminole in 4M

Bummer. Also a bummer as I kept trying to watch on my paid nfhs account and it kept saying the game was in delay. Good news for Osceola is there's nobody left on the schedule who they'll actually play who will be favored to beat them. (They will not play on September 16 in the lightning capitol of the world.)

42 minutes ago, Jags904 said:

Who’d you guys play at QB tonight? Sounds like an awesome game. I think Osceola is certainly one of the favorites to win 4S and same with Seminole in 4M

First two games they have rotated each of them equally and like I said last week a clear winner hasn't been determined.  If they were both 4-5* it would be understandable to utilize both.  I think we will be better off when a decision gets made and one of them gets the job.  It will instill more confidence in whomever they decide on plus more continuity with the WR group.  We do have a bye next week and that extra week can be the thought process for making a decision.

42 minutes ago, skyway said:

Bummer. Also a bummer as I kept trying to watch on my paid nfhs account and it kept saying the game was in delay. Good news for Osceola is there's nobody left on the schedule who they'll actually play who will be favored to beat them. (They will not play on September 16 in the lightning capitol of the world.)

I think the Lakeland game will happen as this weather pattern usually last the first couple of weeks of the season.  As you and others have pointed out the Dreadnaughts are going to blow everyone out during the regular season plus we still have Rockledge, Mainland and West Orange who have all looked great so NO GUARANTEES!!  Tonight's game did have a weather delay for about an hour and a half.   Rain or shine, we will look forward to all those games.  

18 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

I think the Lakeland game will happen as this weather pattern usually last the first couple of weeks of the season.  As you and others have pointed out the Dreadnaughts are going to blow everyone out during the regular season plus we still have Rockledge, Mainland and West Orange who have all looked great so NO GUARANTEES!!  Tonight's game did have a weather delay for about an hour and a half.   Rain or shine, we will look forward to all those games.  

The hardest game for the Dreadnaughts was always going to be CAI. There's just no need to compare CAI and Osceola since the Osceola game- like the other two games scheduled at Bryant this season so far- will not be played. Until they install domes over stadiums in Polk County, the odds of getting a game in are too poor to schedule them in the first place. The moving up of the school year and season to where the first games are in mid-August are a big part of the problem. 

42 minutes ago, skyway said:

The hardest game for the Dreadnaughts was always going to be CAI. There's just no need to compare CAI and Osceola since the Osceola game- like the other two games scheduled at Bryant this season so far- will not be played. Until they install domes over stadiums in Polk County, the odds of getting a game in are too poor to schedule them in the first place. The moving up of the school year and season to where the first games are in mid-August are a big part of the problem. 

Florida weather is not a problem that only affects Polk.  Last week they played more games there than we did in central FL (31 cancellations).  I am the eternal optimist so will be keeping my fingers crossed so I can make the trip to that awesome venue.  Sounds like CAI is awful good in your eyes, just don't know enough about them to comment.  Our KOC with APK got cancelled due to weather and I think it has affected the production on the offensive side for both of our teams.  Again, I will avoid the hype this early in the season and just look forward to playing some football. 

3 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

Sounds like a great game and probably a little bit of a flashback to last season with another one point thriller.

6 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

Florida weather is not a problem that only affects Polk.  Last week they played more games there than we did in central FL (31 cancellations).  I am the eternal optimist so will be keeping my fingers crossed so I can make the trip to that awesome venue.  Sounds like CAI is awful good in your eyes, just don't know enough about them to comment.  Our KOC with APK got cancelled due to weather and I think it has affected the production on the offensive side for both of our teams.  Again, I will avoid the hype this early in the season and just look forward to playing some football. 

Apopka has a lot to do to make a run this year. It's not impossible, but there is a long road ahead. I could see the team having a 6-4 year or 5-5 season for that matter, and missing the playoffs for the first time in this century. I could also see it rebounding from the sluggish start and doing well in the playoffs. Time will tell. 

Overall, last night was a very good one for Orlando area football. Edgewater defeated Don Bosco 34-10 at home and Winter Park travelled to the Atlanta suburbs and defeated a perennial state contender, North Gwinnett, by 31-19. 

Osceola lost the kind of game that Seminole lost to us last year in round three. I am sure you will rebound. 

7 hours ago, KeemD321 said:

Sounds like a great game and probably a little bit of a flashback to last season with another one point thriller.

It is tough losing games like this, but I feel Seminole did what they needed to do to go WIN the game.  Last year against Cocoa the difference being I thought we LOST the game.  In my eyes, this Seminole team is better than last year's Cocoa team and it isn't meant as a slight just my opinion. 

46 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

It is tough losing games like this, but I feel Seminole did what they needed to do to go WIN the game.  Last year against Cocoa the difference being I thought we LOST the game.  In my eyes, this Seminole team is better than last year's Cocoa team and it isn't meant as a slight just my opinion. 

By the way Cocoa will have their crack at Seminole a few weeks down the road to see what they can do.   Jones beat Cocoa at their place and all our local reporters rank Seminole higher in our area than Jones.  Seminole still have Treasure Coast, Venice, Apopka and again under the radar team in Lake Mary remaining on their schedule so they will be battle ready for the playoffs.  On a side note, Coach Malzahn was at our game last night checking out the talent on both sides and I am sure he was happy with the performance of his prize recruit, DL John Walker who I think ended up with double digit tackles again.  He might also had his interest peaked with the performance of several other players on both sides including our soph RB Taevion Swint (all 4 of our TD's, 167 yds rushing, at least 100 on kick returns and more receiving) as well as Michael Key from Seminole with 226 yards receiving another tremendous talent.  

11 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

Missed xtra points…..a shame to lose a game on that miss……

3 hours ago, Jullian said:

Missed xtra points…..a shame to lose a game on that miss……

They missed their first one, then went for 2 on their 2nd TD and failed which gave us 14-12 lead.  It remained that way for most of the 2nd half and with under 2 minutes left we thought we had the game won a one of our DB's lost his footing and gave up about a 70 yard pass play.  They went for 2 and were successful on this attempt and took a 20-14 lead with about 90 seconds left in the game but decided to taunt our players and gave up a 15 yard penalty assessed on the KO.  We got a great return as we had all night from Taevion and managed a short drive to quickly punch in a TD with about 6 seconds remaining to tie the game.  We have a reliable kicker so they knew they had to get a block to force OT and they made that play.  In OT, both teams got quick scores and they decided to go for 2 and again made that play.  That is why I stated earlier in this thread they made the plays to WIN the game.  Both teams committed mistakes and got their share of penalties called, but they deserved to win because they made one or two more plays than us.  The type of game that you hate seeing either team lose but it was a classic. 

1 hour ago, Ray Icaza said:

Oh trust me I don't take that as a slight at all. Seminole is one of the games I originally had Cocoa losing eventhough they could be a trap game for Seminole I doubt they will overlook them since the coaches know each other well and have been talking a lot on twitter before they had the game scheduled. 

I see them as the number 1 team in Central Florida as well. Cocoa should have some confidence built by the time week 7 comes

11 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

Yall game with Rockledge will definitely be a slugfest.

5 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

Oh trust me I don't take that as a slight at all. Seminole is one of the games I originally had Cocoa losing eventhough they could be a trap game for Seminole I doubt they will overlook them since the coaches know each other well and have been talking a lot on twitter before they had the game scheduled. 

I see them as the number 1 team in Central Florida as well. Cocoa should have some confidence built by the time week 7 comes

Should be another great game, but as I mentioned on the other thread I don't put much stock in these national rankings as they have Jones, Edgewater and Cocoa all in the top 100, but Seminole not a sniff even though the local reporters watching these games all viewed them as the best in the area.  By the time they reach that Cocoa game some of this nonsense will sort itself out.  

25 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

They missed their first one, then went for 2 on their 2nd TD and failed which gave us 14-12 lead.  It remained that way for most of the 2nd half and with under 2 minutes left we thought we had the game won a one of our DB's lost his footing and gave up about a 70 yard pass play.  They went for 2 and were successful on this attempt and took a 20-14 lead with about 90 seconds left in the game but decided to taunt our players and gave up a 15 yard penalty assessed on the KO.  We go a great return as we had all night from Taevion and managed a short drive to quickly punch in a TD with about 6 seconds remaining to tie the game.  We have a reliable kicker so they knew they had to get a block to force OT and they made that play.  In OT, both teams got quick scores and they decided to go for 2 and again made that play.  That is why I stated earlier in this thread they made the plays to WIN the game.  Both teams committed mistakes and got their share of penalties called, but they deserved to win because they made one or two more plays than us.  The type of game that you hate seeing either team lose but it was a classic. 

Gotcha. Great game!!! I always say u learn from these games & will b better. 

10 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

Yall game with Rockledge will definitely be a slugfest.

No doubt, those thinking we have no more games we can lose (except if we play Lakeland and get blown out) seem to be picking up the slack for Jesse with non-sensical pronouncements.  By the way, the lightning capital of the world by most standards is in Maracaibo, Venezuela or Africa.  Florida is considered by some with Oklahoma as the top in the US, but Orange county ranks higher than Polk.  So, I think this person just throw things out there to annoy and try to get others wound up.  

2 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

Should be another great game, but as I mentioned on the other thread I don't put much stock in these national rankings as they have Jones, Edgewater and Cocoa all in the top 100, but Seminole not a sniff even though the local reporters watching these games all viewed them as the best in the area.  By the time they reach that Cocoa game some of this nonsense will sort itself out.  

Its crazy that Seminole isn't ranked in the top 100. Eventhough Cocoa finished ranked in the top 100 last season, I feel like they got a rankings boost due to them having STA scheduled in a game that had a high probability of being picked up by ESPN.

2 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

No doubt, those thinking we have no more games we can lose (except if we play Lakeland and get blown out) seem to be picking up the slack for Jesse with non-sensical pronouncements.  By the way, the lightning capital of the world by most standards is in Maracaibo, Venezuela or Africa.  Florida is considered by some with Oklahoma as the top in the US, but Orange county ranks higher than Polk.  So, I think this person just throw things out there to annoy and try to get others wound up.  

Lmao I definitely see it. Jesse is still lurking in the shadows lmao gets me everytime with his random laughing reactions.

3 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

Thomas W. Bryant Stadium at 7:30pm on Fridays in August/September is the lightning capitol of the world. :P