18. Cocoa (off)

19. Buchholz beats Riverview 

20. Western (off)

21. Osceola loses to #7 Seminole 

22. CCC loses to OTC

23. Edgewater beats Don Bosco NJ

24. Jax Tac beats Raines 

25. TBT beats Steinbrenner 

So, are we to assume Week 3 rankings are coming in a day or two?

Chaminade and Miami Central should be tied at the top IMO. Venice is still terribly overrated. CAI is a top 25 team, and perhaps better than that. You had them losing to Miami Palmetto, and they squandered numerous trips in the red zone, or else 26-0 would have become a running clock.

Week 3 rankings 

1. Miami Central (even)

2. AHP (even)

3. Chaminade (even)

4. STA (even)

5. Cardinal Gibbons (even)

6. Sanford Seminole (+1)

7. MNW (-1)

8. Columbus (even)

9. Venice (+2)

10. Rockledge (+4)

11. Lakeland (-1)

12. Homestead (+3)

13. Dillard (-1)

14. Jesuit (+2)

15. Edgewater (+8)

16. Palm Beach Central (NR)

17. Jones (-8)

18. Buchholz (+1)

19. West Orange (NR)

20. Bolles (-3)

21. Lincoln (NR)

22. Western (-1)

23. Cocoa (-5)

24. Osceola (-3)

25. Apopka (-12)

dropped out #22 CCC, #24 TC and #25 TBT

10 minutes ago, skyway said:

So, are we to assume Week 3 rankings are coming in a day or two?

Chaminade and Miami Central should be tied at the top IMO. Venice is still terribly overrated. CAI is a top 25 team, and perhaps better than that. You had them losing to Miami Palmetto, and they squandered numerous trips in the red zone, or else 26-0 would have become a running clock.

I can’t rank CAI for the same reason I don’t rank IMG. The rosters are filled with more Non-Floridian players than Florida natives. It would be hypocritical to rank CAI and not IMG. But if I was placing them somewhere I would put IMG around 5th in the state right now, and CAI somewhere in the 20’s

Just now, nolebull813 said:

I can’t rank CAI for the same reason I don’t rank IMG. The rosters are filled with more Non-Floridian players than Florida natives. It would be hypocritical to rank CAI and not IMG. But if I was placing them somewhere I would put IMG around 5th in the state right now, and CAI somewhere in the 20’s

Having Venice and Rockledge ahead of Lakeland is amusing.

47 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

I posted this on the national site but I wanted to get it over here too. I’ll copy and paste what I already had and then continue to post it here. Spoiler alert: Columbia will NOT be in the rankings this week. 

National site can I sign up please.  I'll be nice

11 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Madison goat they beat CaI already.  Them boys home grown.  Madco might not have the best players but they match anyone in every era 2000 to now. And that's the key to why they the best. 

Week 3 schedule (ranked games in bold)

* Game of the week *

#3 Chaminade vs #7 Northwestern

1. Miami Central vs Booker T

2. AHP vs Glades Central 

4. STA vs #23 Cocoa 

5. Cardinal Gibbons vs Gulliver Prep

6. Sanford Seminole vs Treasure Coast 

8. Columbus vs #14 Jesuit 

9. Venice (off)

10. Rockledge vs Viera

11. Lakeland vs Winter Haven

12. Homestead vs Lakewood

13. Dillard vs Miramar 

15. Edgewater vs #19 West Orange 

16. P.B. Central vs Park Vista

17. Jones (off)

18. Buchholz vs Eastside

20. Bolles vs Brunswick,GA

21. Lincoln vs Gadsden

22. Western vs Coconut Creek

24. Osceola (off)

25. Apopka vs Dr Phillips

6 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Lakeland needs to do something. Let’s see what they got first. They are actually being ranked on potential 

Let's examine Venice in 2022: Blown out in spring game by Lakeland PRIOR to the boatload of transfers; Blown out by IMG; Controlled by MNW when MNW was without its best offensive player; beat Naples 12-11. So, you're suggesting that amounts to the "something" Lakeland hasn't done but needs to do to be ahead of your friend's team? Peacock thanks you for sustaining the fiction that they are a good team!

Rockledge: beat Gulliver Prep and Doral Academy. That's the kind of "something" Lakeland needs to do?

They played one game against a team that apparently isn't any good. All anyone can do is put a running clock on the opponent. Florida has by far the most extreme running clock enforcement in the country. Once it kicks in, the game is over.

5 minutes ago, skyway said:

Let's examine Venice in 2022: Blown out in spring game by Lakeland PRIOR to the boatload of transfers; Blown out by IMG; Controlled by MNW when MNW was without its best offensive player; beat Naples 12-11. So, you're suggesting that amounts to the "something" Lakeland hasn't done but needs to do to be ahead of your friend's team? Peacock thanks you for sustaining the fiction that they are a good team!

Rockledge: beat Gulliver Prep and Doral Academy. That's the kind of "something" Lakeland needs to do?

They played one game against a team that apparently isn't any good. All anyone can do is put a running clock on the opponent. Florida has by far the most extreme running clock enforcement in the country. Once it kicks in, the game is over.

I don’t put too much stock in spring games and preseason games. Let’s see Lakeland do something. They have a couple games to do it. Osceola, Lake Gibson, CAI and Lakewood. Relax. It’s only 2 weeks in and Lakeland has played only 1 game against a horrible team. Give them some time 

4 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

Lakeland needs to do something. Let’s see what they got first. They are actually being ranked on potential 

Take Lakeland out completely as far as I'm concerned.  Let the Naughts fly under the radar until there's something to talk about.  The Ledger summed it up best:  

The 2022 high school football season is finally here, and if you think the only story line is if Lakeland High is going to win its eighth state title, think again.
In fact, until the playoffs, Lakeland football might be the most uninteresting topic during the regular season.

Full Story behind paywall:  Prep picks: Some storylines to follow as high school season kicks off

2 hours ago, Nulli Secundus said:

Take Lakeland out completely as far as I'm concerned.  Let the Naughts fly under the radar until there's something to talk about.  The Ledger summed it up best:  

The 2022 high school football season is finally here, and if you think the only story line is if Lakeland High is going to win its eighth state title, think again.
In fact, until the playoffs, Lakeland football might be the most uninteresting topic during the regular season.

Full Story:  Prep picks: Some storylines to follow as high school season kicks off

"This content is only available to subscribers."  ;)

17 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

TC needs to beat these teams a little more convincingly. It wasn’t that they did anything wrong, it’s just other teams were being rewarded for better results 

The Ed White game went to the wire your right but ED white is actually a good team this year, ( almost every good player from Lee/riverside transferred to Ed white) the raines game they just played Jax TCA was up  34-7 and the beginning of the fourth quarter!  The rest of raines points was scored on TCA JV