Nolebull’s top 25

nolebull813

10 minutes ago, FBGUY1989 said:

@Ray IcazaHey how's your Kowboys doing so far are you ready for Lakeland 

It is a tough stretch of games to open the season, but happy to say we have held our own.  Hard fought win against Treasure Coast, then a blocked PAT vs Seminole spelled a 1 point loss in OT; a game we should have won in regulation as the miss happened with seconds remaining on the clock.  My understanding is that Lakeland will be blowing us out, but many said the same with Seminole (a 3 TD margin expected).  We shall see. 

5 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

This isn't an accusation of wrongdoing, but to be honest the reason I mentioned Zay transferring to WP was you saying they can't get transfers due to being "AT CAPACITY".  In addition, we usually understand why the player chooses to come or go but that isn't clear with him.  He has been on our varsity since his freshman year and would be starting again so that isn't the reason.  He isn't going to a program with higher exposure for recruiting purpose and if there was a beef with the staff there are a dozen schools both in Osceola and Orange that are much closer.  You see, I don't think the family has moved.  Maybe your grandson can provide some insight.  No animosity on our end as we prefer to have players that WANT to be here.

There was an "at capacity" designation that allowed for a limited number of students that don't live in the WP zone to transfer in by entering a "lottery type system" for a limited number of admissions. That was the policy before the new free transfer policy that was instituted throughout Florida allowing just about anyone to go to the school of their choice as long as they could provide their own transportation. I don't know if the "at capacity" designation even exists anymore; it may have been changed due to challenges that seem to be the standard now-a-days..

I do know that my grandson and his teammates enjoy having Zay there as a friend and a welcome addition to his receiving group. Why would he want to leave Osceola, his local school, especially if he was a starting WR on a good team? He might have family in WP.

On 9/4/2022 at 3:26 PM, nolebull813 said:

Week 3 schedule (ranked games in bold)

* Game of the week *

#3 Chaminade vs #7 Northwestern

1. Miami Central vs Booker T

2. AHP vs Glades Central 

4. STA vs #23 Cocoa 

5. Cardinal Gibbons vs Gulliver Prep

6. Sanford Seminole vs Treasure Coast 

8. Columbus vs #14 Jesuit 

9. Venice (off)

10. Rockledge vs Viera

11. Lakeland vs Winter Haven

12. Homestead vs Lakewood

13. Dillard vs Miramar 

15. Edgewater vs #19 West Orange 

16. P.B. Central vs Park Vista

17. Jones (off)

18. Buchholz vs Eastside

20. Bolles vs Brunswick,GA

21. Lincoln vs Gadsden

22. Western vs Coconut Creek

24. Osceola (off)

25. Apopka vs Dr Phillips

5 teams will be leaving the top 25 after todays results. 

West Orange

Bolles

Western

Cocoa

Apopka

On 9/8/2022 at 8:03 PM, HornetFan said:

There was an "at capacity" designation that allowed for a limited number of students that don't live in the WP zone to transfer in by entering a "lottery type system" for a limited number of admissions. That was the policy before the new free transfer policy that was instituted throughout Florida allowing just about anyone to go to the school of their choice as long as they could provide their own transportation. I don't know if the "at capacity" designation even exists anymore; it may have been changed due to challenges that seem to be the standard now-a-days..

I do know that my grandson and his teammates enjoy having Zay there as a friend and a welcome addition to his receiving group. Why would he want to leave Osceola, his local school, especially if he was a starting WR on a good team? He might have family in WP.

Just from watching Osceola's last couple games, i could only speculate he wanted to go somewhere to get more looks as a reciever, since Osceola's offense seems to be a little more run heavy this year. 

Given Winter Park has a stud QB it was not that much of a surprise.

I watched him put a clinic on the Boone defense last night with 3 TDs!

In my opinion he is easily a Top 5 receiver in Central florida probably the best Slot reciever in Central Florida in my eyes.

Great speed, Great hands and superb route running.

1 hour ago, ohs vargas said:

Just from watching Osceola's last couple games, i could only speculate he wanted to go somewhere to get more looks as a reciever, since Osceola's offense seems to be a little more run heavy this year. 

In my opinion he is easily a Top 5 receiver in Central florida probably the best Slot reciever in Central Florida in my eyes.

My grandson loves throwing Zay the ball; he knows if he puts it out there, Zay will go and get it. WP has several top notch WRs as well as a very good RB. Most of these kids have grown up together through Pop Warner and many have played 7v7 together in the off season. I agree with you that Zay is one of the top 5 WRs in Central Florida and that is saying a lot because we have some outstanding WRs in our area this year.

5 hours ago, ohs vargas said:

We are going to run the ball more this year than last, but I think we are still looking to throw to compliment the run and Zay had an awesome receiving game vs Edgewater where he put up some good numbers in the spring game. We also used him to compliment our RB's with some sweeps and reverses.   I know he has offers including USF and obviously WP looks to throw the ball more so he could pick up more offers.  As I previously stated, he is our best returning receiver with Ja'Keem Jackson full time on defense so has had more reps with our current QB than any other receiver.  As you pointed out his route running is excellent thus would have put more strain on defenses to focus on him and enable the others to not need to carry the load.  I truly believe the passing game will improve game by game as more reps are had between the QB's and the receiving group.  Reasons that I have heard for the transfer do lean towards the increased workload you mentioned.

Week 4 rankings 

1. Chaminade (+2)

2. AHP (even)

3. Miami Central (-2)

4. STA (even)

5. Cardinal Gibbons (even)

6. Sanford Seminole (even)

7. Columbus (+1)

8. Rockledge (+2)

9. Edgewater (+6)

10. Lakeland (+1)

11. MNW (-4)

12. Homestead (even)

13. Dillard (even)

14. Venice (-5)

15. Jones (+2)

16. Buchholz (+2)

17. Lincoln (+4)

18. Jesuit (-4)

19. PBC (+3)

20. Pine Forest (NR)

21. Miami Washington (NR)

22. Osceola (+2)

23. Jax TC (NR)

24. Winter Park (NR)

25. Tampa Bay Tech (NR)

dropped out #19 West Orange, #20 Bolles, #22 Western, #23 Cocoa and #25 Apopka 

Few explanations. 

Chaminade has the best resume right now and they are winning convincingly 

Venice tumbled with MNW. 

Rockledge moved up due to beating Gulliver Prep 38-0 while CG just beat Gulliver 31-14

Edgewater just keeps taking care of business against quality teams

Booker T went from unranked to ranked after losing due to the fact that they were toe to toe with Miami Central until the wheels fell off at the end. 

Western leaves after a win due to barely beating a bad team. Same with Apopka 

week 4 schedule 

GAME OF THE WEEK 1 vs 2!!!!!! 

Chaminade vs AHP

1. Chaminade vs 2 AHP

2. AHP vs 1. Chaminade

3. Miami Central vs Carol City 

4. STA vs Western

5. Cardinal Gibbons vs Northeast

6. Sanford Seminole vs Evans

7. Columbus vs Palmetto

8. Rockledge vs Bayside

9. Edgewater vs 15. Jones

10. Lakeland vs 22. Osceola 

11. MNW vs Edison

12. Homestead vs Southwest

13. Dillard (off)

14. Venice vs St Frances Academy,MD

15. Jones vs 9. Edgewater

16. Buchholz vs Creekside

17. Lincoln vs Bartram Trail

18. Jesuit (off)

19. PBC vs Pahokee

20. Pine Forest vs Choctaw

21. Miami Washington Vs LaSalle

22. Osceola vs 10. Lakeland

23. Jax TC vs Bolles

24. Winter Park vs University

25. Tampa Bay Tech vs Bloomingdale

Week 5 rankings 

1. Chaminade (even)

2. Miami Central (+1)

3. STA (+1)

4. AHP (-2)

5. Cardinal Gibbons (even)

6. Seminole (even)

7. Columbus (even)

8. Edgewater (+1)

9. Lakeland (+1)

10. Rockledge (-2)

11. MNW (even)

12. Dillard (+1)

13. Homestead (-1)

14. Jesuit (+4)

15. Pine Forest (+5)

16. Bartram Trail (NR)

17. Jax TC (+6)

18. BTW (+3)

19. Jones (-4)

20. Venice (-6)

21. Buchholz (-5)

22. Cardinal Newman (NR)

23. TBT (+2) 

24. Winter Park (even)

25. Osceola (-3)

dropped out #17 Lincoln and #19 Palm Beach Central

Week 5 schedule 

* Game of the week *
Miami Central vs Dillard!!!!

1. Chaminade vs Gulliver Prep

2. Miami Central vs #12 Dillard

3. STA vs Treasure Coast

4. AHP (off)

5. Cardinal Gibbons vs Key West

6. Seminole vs #20 Venice 

7. Columbus vs #11 MNW

8. Edgewater vs Apopka 

9. Lakeland (off)

10. Rockledge vs #25 Osceola 

11. MNW vs #7 Columbus 

12. Dillard vs #2 MC

13. Homestead (off)

14. Jesuit vs Armwood

15. Pine Forest vs West Florida 

16. Bartram Trail vs St Augustine 

17. Jax TC vs Columbia 

18. BTW (off)

19. Jones vs West Orange 

20. Venice vs #6 SS

21. Buchholz vs Vanguard 

22. Cardinal Newman vs Clewiston 

23. TBT vs Gaither 

24. Winter Park vs Evans 

25. Osceola vs #10 Rockledge

1 hour ago, Perspective said:

Nolebull, why the big drop for Buchholz?  Because they gave up 41 points to a team that came in undefeated and averaging 44 points a game?  Not arguing; just curious. 

I dropped them in mine and while creekside isn't bad they are lower ranked than Buchholz and Buchholz blowing teams out was the biggest thing boosting their rankings 

You see this sometimes even in college polls how a team may fall a few spots if the struggle with a lower ranked team 

Was it something like that @nolebull813

18 hours ago, Perspective said:

Nolebull, why the big drop for Buchholz?  Because they gave up 41 points to a team that came in undefeated and averaging 44 points a game?  Not arguing; just curious. 

Creekside is not good. I watched them against Glynn Academy. They looked bad. Undefeated means nothing. Treasure Coast is about to be 1-4 this weekend and would put a running clock on about 10-15 teams currently undefeated right now. 

And also sometimes when teams move down it’s not necessarily they didn’t anything wrong, but rather other teams were doing a lot of things right!!!

11 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

Creekside is not good. I watched them against Glynn Academy. They looked bad. Undefeated means nothing. Treasure Coast is about to be 1-4 this weekend and would put a running clock on about 10-15 teams currently undefeated right now. 

And also sometimes when teams move down it’s not necessarily they didn’t anything wrong, but rather other teams were doing a lot of things right!!!

1-5 after next weekend because they play chaminade. 

Just now, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

1-5 after next weekend because they play chaminade. 

Which is crazy because 99% of the time if a team is 1-4, 1-5 most will say that’s not a very good football team if not just all out bad. 

but in this rare case despite the soon to be 1-5 record treasure coast is still considered a great team, they just had a hard schedule. 

but in retrospect most will say you’re what your record says you are.

5 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Which is crazy because 99% of the time if a team is 1-4, 1-5 most will say that’s not a very good football team if not just all out bad. 

but in this rare case despite the soon to be 1-5 record treasure coast is still considered a great team, they just had a hard schedule. 

but in retrospect most will say you’re what your record says you are.

Treasure Coast would dismantle about 35 teams via the running clock who are currently undefeated right now 

Out of Door 

Canterbury 

Interlachen

Indian Rocks Christian 

Windermere Prep

Sneads

Palatka

Williston

Cypress Creek

Horizon 

Toho

Estero

Newberry

First Academy 

Westminster Christian 

Northside Christian 

Strawberry Crest

Alonso

Deltona

Santaluces

Northeview

South Miami 

South Walton 

Chipley

Baron Collier

Springstead

Ft Lauderdale 

Epsicopal 

Harmony 

Land O Lakes

Chiefland

NFC

East Bay 
Walton 

Bishop Kenny

10 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Treasure Coast would dismantle about 35 teams via the running clock who are currently undefeated right now 

Out of Door 

Canterbury 

Interlachen

Indian Rocks Christian 

Windermere Prep

Sneads

Palatka

Williston

Cypress Creek

Horizon 

Toho

Estero

Newberry

First Academy 

Westminster Christian 

Northside Christian 

Strawberry Crest

Alonso

Deltona

Santaluces

Northeview

South Miami 

South Walton 

Chipley

Baron Collier

Springstead

Ft Lauderdale 

Epsicopal 

Harmony 

Land O Lakes

Chiefland

NFC

East Bay 
Walton 

Bishop Kenny

No I agree. But what is the fine line of being 1-5 and not very good but able to beat up on teams that are just pathetic.

vs you’re just a very good 1-5 team but just couldn’t beat the 5 teams on your schedule better then you. 

36 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

No I agree. But what is the fine line of being 1-5 and not very good but able to beat up on teams that are just pathetic.

vs you’re just a very good 1-5 team but just couldn’t beat the 5 teams on your schedule better then you. 

They have the toughest schedule in state outside of maybe Chaminade or AHP. They just aren’t at that level yet. But everyone else under them would all lose to the same teams. But I do get if you are gonna schedule all these great teams you gotta show up! 

27 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

They have the toughest schedule in state outside of maybe Chaminade or AHP. They just aren’t at that level yet. But everyone else under them would all lose to the same teams. But I do get if you are gonna schedule all these great teams you gotta show up! 

I agree. Tbh loses to chaminade & STA is nothing to feel bad at even tho it would be great to beat them. 

but with treasure coast they & all the talent they have have  lost 3 games before they even got to the national meat of their schedule. 

out of Venice, jesuit & Seminole I would’ve expected them to win atleast 2 of those games. & then lost by 20+ to Seminole. That doesn’t get your players confident with two goliaths coming up. 

3 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Remember, we once agreed it's not how you start but how you finish.  They have won the one district game against an undefeated pretty good Martin County in dominant fashion and will probably win the rest leading to the final against Vero.  They win and they're in.  Then we can see if they make more noise in the playoffs.