nolebull813

week 8 schedule 

Game of the week Osceola vs Jones

1. Miami Central vs Norland

2. Chaminade vs Somerset Key (Thursday)

3. STA vs Ft Lauderdale

4. AHP vs Stranahan

5. Columbus vs Doral Academy

6. Edgewater vs Wekiva (Monday) and vs Ocoee (Friday)

7. Cardinal Gibbons vs Hallandale (Thursday)

8. Lakeland vs Jenkins

9. Seminole vs Deland

10. Venice vs Sarasota

11. Osceola vs #14 Jones (Monday) and vs Celebration (Thursday)

12. Homestead vs Southridge

13. MNW vs #17 BTW

14. Jones vs #11 Osceola (Monday) and vs Boone (Friday)

15. TBT vs #23 Wharton

16. Bartram Trail vs Creekside

17. BTW vs #13 MNW

18. Jax TC vs Jax UC

19. Cardinal Newman vs St John Paul

20. Rockledge vs Satellite

21. Buchholz vs Oakleaf

22. Pine Forest (off)

23. Wharton vs #15 TBT

24. Naples vs Lely

25. Vero Beach vs Centennial

1 hour ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I was surprised by the margin of victory. Thought it would be less than 7 either way.

As was I. I completely forgot they were playing til the highlights popped up in my notifications this morning. From what I saw, Jones capitalized on turnovers. One of those was a fumble when the Osceola player stretched the ball for the pylon/goal line but lost possession and it ended up bouncing out of the endzone for a touchback.

16 minutes ago, ohs vargas said:

I believe it was 6 turnovers, they turned the ball over on the first 3 possessions of the game.

Someone on scorestream counted 4 fumbles and 3 picks by Osceola but either way whether it was 5 6 or 7 it's not gonna lead to a win over a team as good as Jones

Dam @nolebull813 you’re tough!! Lol hahahaha I know my panthers are (3-3) losing 3 of their regular season games to the #3 #4 & #6 teams in the country. 

i ask this though how many other Florida teams outside of Dillard has that resume & was willing to challenge themselves to that degree? 

i was looking and per maxpreps , Dillard Has The 2nd Strongest Strength of schedule in the ENTIRE state at 62.1 ; With Chaminade Leading the way at 63.5 

@ 62.1 Dillard leads central,STA, AHP, Even iMG just to name a few of the national elites in the SOS department , but in the same breath it’s almost as if we’re getting punished for it. 

Where as MIAMI northwestern 3-3 was running clocked by chaminade & MIAMI central & also lost to Columbus so basically all their big time games they lost but yet their still ranked at 13 

where as Dillard didn’t get running clocked by #4 in the nation chaminade , we were down 7 at the half vs #3 in the nation MIAMI central & was blitzed in the second half. 

& we held our own and was in the game the entire game vs #6 in the nation STA but yet Dillard get removed from the top 25 all together ?? 

But teams like homestead lost the one big game they had so far & currently has a 18.1 SOS

Edgewater has a 36.0 SOS

cardinal Newman although 7-0 has a SOS of 19.7 

jones 4-2 but has a SOS of 41.8 

lakeland 5-0 but a SOS of 22.0 

pine Forrest again although 7-0 but a SOS of 16.4 

just to name a few teams but Dillard gets cut for losing to the #1,2 & 3 team in the state and the #3, 4, & 6 team in the country. Again that’s tough lol hahahahaha.

This_Is_Dillard, you're getting all worked up for nothing.   It's mid-October.   All of this will work itself out over the next month or so.   Yes, Dillard has been competitive against the teams that they have lost to and, yes, all three of those teams are very good (nationally ranked, in fact).   Dillard may very well be the fourth best team in the state, but until they can actually beat one of the elite teams (instead of just being "competitive"), they aren't going to get a lot of love by the pollsters.   Again, just relax and let things sort themselves out over the next 6 weeks or so. 

5 minutes ago, Perspective said:

This_Is_Dillard, you're getting all worked up for nothing.   It's mid-October.   All of this will work itself out over the next month or so.   Yes, Dillard has been competitive against the teams that they have lost to and, yes, all three of those teams are very good (nationally ranked, in fact).   Dillard may very well be the fourth best team in the state, but until they can actually beat one of the elite teams (instead of just being "competitive"), they aren't going to get a lot of love by the pollsters.   Again, just relax and let things sort themselves out over the next 6 weeks or so. 

I’m not hyped at all actually , I’m just on a hour break and wanted to discuss some football. I seen the rankings and just wanted to discuss , isn’t that what this board is for lol. 

but by any means am I worked or upset by these rankings because they are all sheer opinions at the end of the day. But it’s nothing wrong with discussing those opinions. 

6 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I’m not hyped at all actually , I’m just on a hour break and wanted to discuss some football. I seen the rankings and just wanted to discuss , isn’t that what this board is for lol. 

but by any means am I worked or upset by these rankings because they are all sheer opinions at the end of the day. But it’s nothing wrong with discussing those opinions. 

Yes, you are correct.  That's exactly what this board is for.  Maybe I'm suffering from PTSD . . .  I saw a series of posts from you on the same topic and it made me think of when my wife starts sending me multiple text messages about something I've done wrong.   :P

In any event, I love your love and enthusiasm for Dillard . . .  we just don't need to see another Jesse/MadCo relationship on display.  :D

14 minutes ago, Perspective said:

Yes, you are correct.  That's exactly what this board is for.  Maybe I'm suffering from PTSD . . .  I saw a series of posts from you on the same topic and it made me think of when my wife starts sending me multiple text messages about something I've done wrong.   :P

In any event, I love your love and enthusiasm for Dillard . . .  we just don't need to see another Jesse/MadCo relationship on display.  :D

Oh most def not lol hahahahaha. I’ve been on this board since 2016 absolutely not. Honestly this is my first time on the board since last Friday so I was just getting caught up with the diff topics & threads. 

& as far as the multiple post if a particular topic warrants great detail, rather me type a entire book in one setting I tend to break it up into 2 or 3 separate responses, which tends to still be a few sentences each but it’s still not one extremely bulky paragraph lol. 

31 minutes ago, Perspective said:

I can relate to the above. 

3 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

But teams like homestead lost the one big game they had so far & currently has a 18.1 SOS

Edgewater has a 36.0 SOS

just to name a few teams but Dillard gets cut for losing to the #1,2 & 3 team in the state and the #3, 4, & 6 team in the country. 

Scheduling and losing to top teams shouldn’t keep you ranked. At some point you gotta put a skin on the wall. The teams they beat aren’t highly regarded and don’t warrant top 25 type victories. Let’s give Dillard a moment to cool off, regroup and get some notches under the belt. 

It will all work itself out my friend 

8 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Dam @nolebull813 you’re tough!! Lol hahahaha I know my panthers are (3-3) losing 3 of their regular season games to the #3 #4 & #6 teams in the country. 

i ask this though how many other Florida teams outside of Dillard has that resume & was willing to challenge themselves to that degree? 

i was looking and per maxpreps , Dillard Has The 2nd Strongest Strength of schedule in the ENTIRE state at 62.1 ; With Chaminade Leading the way at 63.5 

@ 62.1 Dillard leads central,STA, AHP, Even iMG just to name a few of the national elites in the SOS department , but in the same breath it’s almost as if we’re getting punished for it. 

I do understand the disdain my friend but yall haven’t beaten anybody worth a damn respectfully & I mean…  the film don’t lie. A fully healthy mnw, btw or homestead team smashes dillard no question. I do believe you guys are top 25 though, the rest of the season tell where in that top 25 the panthers fit. 

11 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Edgewater has a 36.0 SOS

just to name a few teams but Dillard gets cut for losing to the #1,2 & 3 team in the state and the #3, 4, & 6 team in the country. Again that’s tough lol hahahahaha.

MNW beat Venice. Lakeland beat Osceola. They got a skin on the wall.

Edgewater beat 4 teams better than the best team Dillard beat

Cardinal Newman beat 2 teams better than the best team Dillard beat 

Homestead has a better win than Dillard and an equal win as well

Jones beat 3 teams better than the best team Dillard beat 

Pine Forest beat 2 teams better than the best team Dillard beat 

hope this helps. 

2 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

MNW beat Venice. Lakeland beat Osceola. They got a skin on the wall.

Edgewater beat 4 teams better than the best team Dillard beat

Cardinal Newman beat 2 teams better than the best team Dillard beat 

Jones beat 3 teams better than the best team Dillard beat 

Pine Forest beat 2 teams better than the best team Dillard beat 

hope this helps. 

Niceville vs Miramar may be a tossup this year 

Who's the other one?