Nolebull’s top 25

nolebull813

Not necessarily.  Treasure Coast is now the 2nd-ranked team in 4S Region 3 in the latest MaxPreps ratings, behind only Osceola.  If they go 4-5 but win the district, they would likely be a #2 region seed at worst.  And under the new seeding system and mysterious FHSAA Power Rankings, they could pass Osceola for the #1 region seed, depending on results.  Even if they go 3-6 and lose to Vero Beach, I would bet that their Power Ranking would be high enough to easily get them in the playoffs, probably as a #5 seed.  They are fortunate to be in a weak region, and under this new system, It appears who you play is at least as important as whether you win or lose on the field.  

1 hour ago, Perspective said:

But here's the rub . . . you lose most of your games (or finish under .500) and kids today say "dang, I don't want to be part of a losing team," so several of them decide to transfer and then, as a result, they're not very good next year and their record reflects it. 

Death of a program...

9 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

They have the toughest schedule in state outside of maybe Chaminade or AHP. They just aren’t at that level yet. But everyone else under them would all lose to the same teams. But I do get if you are gonna schedule all these great teams you gotta show up! 

At what point do you determine that the AD and/or HC are not doing the kids a favor by scheduling competition that, as it appears right now, is above their capabilities? This is high school football; I wouldn't think that in five years these kids will take much pride looking back and knowing they lost most of their football games during their senior season, especially when their friends from neighboring schools remind them. They should have scheduled games with teams with whom they could be "competitive". 

10 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

Remember, we once agreed it's not how you start but how you finish.  They have won the one district game against an undefeated pretty good Martin County in dominant fashion and will probably win the rest leading to the final against Vero.  They win and they're in.  Then we can see if they make more noise in the playoffs. 

I agree 

10 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

Remember, we once agreed it's not how you start but how you finish.  They have won the one district game against an undefeated pretty good Martin County in dominant fashion and will probably win the rest leading to the final against Vero.  They win and they're in.  Then we can see if they make more noise in the playoffs. 

They dominated Martin County and the 28-7 score was only one half, the game was called at half due to lightning, it could have been much worse as TC’s size would have wore Martin County down in the second half. 

45 minutes ago, Drogo said:

They dominated Martin County and the 28-7 score was only one half, the game was called at half due to lightning, it could have been much worse as TC’s size would have wore Martin County down in the second half. 

Thanks for pointing that out, as I know how good TC is having played them.  Big, strong and physical on both sides of the trench easily manhandling most teams. 

Week 6 rankings 

1. Miami Central (+1)

2. Chaminade (-1)

3. STA (even)

4. AHP (even)

5. Cardinal Gibbons (even)

6. Columbus (+1)

7. Edgewater (+1)

8. Lakeland (+1)

9. Seminole (-3)

10. MNW (+1)

11. Homestead (+2)

12. Bartram Trail (+4)

13. Venice (+7)

14. Osceola (+11)

15. Jones (+4)

16. Tampa Bay Tech (+7)

17. Jax TC (even)

18. Booker T (even)

19. Dillard (-7)

20. Rockledge (-10)

21. Buchholz (even)

22. Armwood (NR)

23. Cocoa (NR)

24. Cardinal Newman (-2)

25. Naples (NR)

dropped out #14 Jesuit, #15 Pine Forest, #24 Winter Park

Couple things. I took Jesuit out because they not only have 2 losses, but they lost their QB to transfer. They aren’t same team anymore and it showed. I took Pine Forest out because they have just been going through the motions just skating by. They are beating bad teams very unimpressively. Same with Winter Park. They beat 2 of the worst teams in the country 35-0 and 37-10. And the only game to team that got them ranked (North Gwinnett) ended up being a dud. I kept Seminole over Venice because I heard from multiple people that the refs were just as horrible against SFA as they were against Seminole. I don’t buy Venice is better. Remember 1st and 10 can turn into 3rd and 12 with one phantom holding call. I swapped Miami Central and Chaminade due to MC’s demolition of Dillard compared to Chaminade. 

Week 6 schedule *Game of the week AHP vs Cardinal Gibbons*

1. Miami Central vs North Miami Beach 

2. Chaminade vs Treasure Coast

3. STA vs Miramar 

4. AHP vs #5  Cardinal Gibbons

5. Cardinal Gibbons vs #4 AHP

6. Columbus vs Miami High

7. Edgewater vs Wekiva

8. Lakeland vs Lake Gibson

9. Seminole vs Apopka

10. MNW (off)

11. Homestead vs South Miami 

12. Bartram Trail vs Fleming Island 

13. Venice vs Riverview

14. Osceola vs St Cloud

15. Jones vs IMG Academy

16. Tampa Bay Tech vs Freedom

17. Jax TC vs Christs Church

18. Booker T vs Jackson

19. Dillard vs Boyd Anderson 

20. Rockledge (off)

21. Buchholz (off)

22. Armwood vs Wharton 

23. Cocoa (off)

24. Cardinal Newman vs John Carroll

25. Naples vs Baron Collier

3 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

Couple things. I took Jesuit out because they not only have 2 losses, but they lost their QB to transfer. They aren’t same team anymore and it showed. I took Pine Forest out because they have just been going through the motions just skating by. They are beating bad teams very unimpressively. Same with Winter Park. They beat 2 of the worst teams in the country 35-0 and 37-10. And the only game to team that got them ranked (North Gwinnett) ended up being a dud. I kept Seminole over Venice because I heard from multiple people that the refs were just as horrible against SFA as they were against Seminole. I don’t buy Venice is better. Remember 1st and 10 can turn into 3rd and 12 with one phantom holding call. I swapped Miami Central and Chaminade due to MC’s demolition of Dillard compared to Chaminade. 

You know I thought the same thing. Chaminade Madonna and Dillard game was close, but Central blew Dillard out odd

On 9/22/2022 at 4:47 PM, HornetFan said:

At what point do you determine that the AD and/or HC are not doing the kids a favor by scheduling competition that, as it appears right now, is above their capabilities? This is high school football; I wouldn't think that in five years these kids will take much pride looking back and knowing they lost most of their football games during their senior season, especially when their friends from neighboring schools remind them. They should have scheduled games with teams with whom they could be "competitive". 

First off, friends and neighbors (Ft. Pierce Central, Centennial, Martin County and Vero) will have squat to say if they all lose to this 1-5 team which is highly probable.  Also, if this tough schedule prepares them and propels them thru the playoffs those seniors can hang their hat on that.  As a gauge, let's see how Dillard does vs STA as what Treasure Coast did this past Friday.  It was a 0-0 game at halftime and eventually lost 21-7 not necessarily a rout.  Despite their record, they are extremely good.  I experienced this kind of thinking as we were leaving the game on Friday night vs Rockledge with some of their fans jeering, they are 4-1 while we are 2-2.  Didn't make much sense to me after just getting their ass kicked. 

4 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

First off, friends and neighbors (Ft. Pierce Central, Centennial, Martin County and Vero) will have squat to say if they all lose to this 1-5 team which is highly probable.  Also, if this tough schedule prepares them and propels them thru the playoffs those seniors can hang their hat on that.  As a gauge, let's see how Dillard does vs STA as what Treasure Coast did this past Friday.  It was a 0-0 game at halftime and eventually lost 21-7 not necessarily a route.  Despite their record, they are extremely good.  I experienced this kind of thinking as we were leaving the game on Friday night vs Rockledge with some of their fans jeering, they are 4-1 while we are 2-2.  Didn't make much sense to me after just getting their ass kicked. 

It was a 0-0 game at halftime and eventually lost 21-7 not necessarily a route.  Despite their record, they are extremely good. 

I wasn't aware that the W-L-T columns made a distinction between "good losses", "routs", and just "losses". I've only seen them listed as losses. 

Also, if this tough schedule prepares them and propels them thru the playoffs those seniors can hang their hat on that. 

We're all entitled to our opinions. I would think that the kids would rather have a winning record against teams with which they are competitive rather than "hanging their hat on" continually getting beaten by teams that are better than them.  

Obviously, the season's results have not adversely affected Treasure Coast's postseason prospects, as they are up to #5 in MaxPreps 4S ratings.  I suspect they will be highly rated when the first edition of the super-duper, top-secret FHSAA Power Rankings are released tomorrow,

18 minutes ago, Dr. D said:

Obviously, the season's results have not adversely affected Treasure Coast's postseason prospects, as they are up to #5 in MaxPreps 4S ratings.  I suspect they will be highly rated when the first edition of the super-duper, top-secret FHSAA Power Rankings are released tomorrow,

Exactly my point as Hornet Fan's home team Winter Park is liable to go undefeated during the regular season, but right now their strength of schedule is 8.9 as opposed to Treasure Coast at 51.1.  He doesn't seem to understand that a competitive loss against a top tier team can help you more than beating up on sorry teams for a playoff run.  But that must not be their goal, instead they want to make their seniors happy and get eliminated after beating a cupcake in the first round.  He is right about one thing, everybody's entitled to their opinion. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2022 at 10:04 AM, Jullian said:

Actually it wasn’t close at all(Cham vs Dill), but Rockets showed Dillard they don’t belong on the same field….

It was 14-7 MIAMI central at the half , Dillard had first and goal at central 2 yard line b4 fumbling in the middle of a torrential down pour. 

2nd half you give up a punt return and everything else just spiraled out of control. If you show central you’re dying out they will go for blood which is what they did. 

Most of Dillard players don’t have the menteal toughness to compete 4 quarters when things are not going their way which is a terrible trait to have & why that second half was a massacre. 

26 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

It was 14-7 MIAMI central at the half , Dillard had first and goal at central 2 yard line b4 fumbling in the middle of a torrential down pour. 

2nd half you give up a punt return and everything else just spiraled out of control. If you show central you’re dying out they will go for blood which is what they did. 

Most of Dillard players don’t have the mental toughness to compete 4 quarters when things are not going their way which is a terrible trait to have & why that second half was a massacre. 

Yeah it is and that's the type of thing that will get exposed against elite teams 

I felt going into the season that Dillard had a shot to win at least 1 of the major games in the regular season and so far Dillard has seemingly competed for about a half with both before falling apart and getting trampled in the second half, I hope they can do better against STA but STA has seemingly stepped up a bit the last few weeks, the one playing the first 2-3 weeks seemed a bit vulnerable (may still be) but I'm concerned that Dillard hasn't progressed to the point that I felt they needed to in order to beat them 

Dillard may actually have a better starting lineup than STA, especially in the trenches. However STA has the depth advantage and if Dillard can't pull the trigger in the second half they may not be able to hold a lead long enough to beat STA. Just like last year Dillard needs to limit mistakes and find ways to win on "extra" possessions whether that's punt returns, kick returns or defensive TD's if they want to win and they need to limit turnovers. If they blow possessions like they did against Central or mentally collapse like they did against Chaminade then STA will feed off of that easily

Due to the hurricane i just combined the last 2 weeks into one ranking. This is the week 8 rankings up to date.

1. Miami Central (even)

2. Chaminade (even)

3. STA (even)

4. AHP (even)

5. Columbus (+1)

6. Edgewater (+1)

7. Cardinal Gibbons (-2)

8. Lakeland (even)

9. Seminole (even)

10. Venice (+3)

11. Osceola (+3)

12. Homestead (-1)