2022 Columbia Fan Top 50 post week 2 Rankings

DisabledAccount

Solid list. If you asked me my opinion tho. 

lakeland is to high especially this early and a terribly weak schedule starting off. I believe they would get smoked by AHP & MNW.

& even tho I just learned about jesuit last year I think off the quality of play so far they are to high. YES I know they won the championship last year, but this year they look meh. They’re wins have been very underwhelming. I don’t believe they make a deep post season run this year iMO. 

7 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Solid list. If you asked me my opinion tho. 

lakeland is to high especially this early and a terribly weak schedule starting off. I believe they would get smoked by AHP & MNW.

& even tho I just learned about jesuit last year I think off the quality of play so far they are to high. YES I know they won the championship last year, but this year they look meh. They’re wins have been very underwhelming. I don’t believe they make a deep post season run this year iMO. 

Part of the reason Lakeland is so high comes down to how I rank in the preseason

**Disclaimer**

Tier rankings are not in exact order, teams within the tier are placed at a random order in their listing and only are ranked in the numerical portion of the rankings, if a team is ranked within the same tier they are approximately 6-10 points within the teams in the same tier in our evaluation process on a neutral field

Our rankings take into account various factors such as returning talent, postseason success, incoming/outgoing transfers, average season performance, blue chip prospects, and potential outlook for a postseason run in 2022 among other factors based on information compiled during the off-season

Teams are evaluated based on information obtained up until July 29th of 2022, any transfers or team information acquired after that date will not be evaluated for the rankings below 

Once the season begins the only factor that will be considered is on the field resume and wins against higher ranked opponents. Roster talent is only considered for preseason when no game results are available to create an initial start point but once games begin only the results on the field will be considered for rankings

The transfers and players Lakeland picked up when they became a Polk County all star team (more than normal) ended up being a huge factor in their high season rating 

I'm aware of their weak schedule and even one loss could knock them out of the top 10 but as long as they are undefeated they will stay high because of it 

As for Jesuit they may be slightly high (which is why a more impressive Seminole team jumped ahead of them) but beating Treasure Coast and Wharton is a pretty good early season slate but I could argue a team like STA that looked vulnerable in the SJP game should drop as well 

The thing I'm always confident in with the rankings is on the field results will correct any questions as the season progresses and in the case of Lakeland and Jesuit is they will eventually face competition that will test their ranking and then prove or disprove it and I can make corrections then 

11 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Part of the reason Lakeland is so high comes down to how I rank in the preseason

**Disclaimer**

Tier rankings are not in exact order, teams within the tier are placed at a random order in their listing and only are ranked in the numerical portion of the rankings, if a team is ranked within the same tier they are approximately 6-10 points within the teams in the same tier in our evaluation process on a neutral field

Our rankings take into account various factors such as returning talent, postseason success, incoming/outgoing transfers, average season performance, blue chip prospects, and potential outlook for a postseason run in 2022 among other factors based on information compiled during the off-season

Teams are evaluated based on information obtained up until July 29th of 2022, any transfers or team information acquired after that date will not be evaluated for the rankings below 

Once the season begins the only factor that will be considered is on the field resume and wins against higher ranked opponents. Roster talent is only considered for preseason when no game results are available to create an initial start point but once games begin only the results on the field will be considered for rankings

The transfers and players Lakeland picked up when they became a Polk County all star team (more than normal) ended up being a huge factor in their high season rating 

I'm aware of their weak schedule and even one loss could knock them out of the top 10 but as long as they are undefeated they will stay high because of it 

As for Jesuit they may be slightly high (which is why a more impressive Seminole team jumped ahead of them) but beating Treasure Coast and Wharton is a pretty good early season slate but I could argue a team like STA that looked vulnerable in the SJP game should drop as well 

The thing I'm always confident in with the rankings is on the field results will correct any questions as the season progresses and in the case of Lakeland and Jesuit is they will eventually face competition that will test their ranking and then prove or disprove it and I can make corrections then 

Madison going undefeated. You better rank them top 5. They have 11 guys under 4.6 in the 40. Columbia too slow for Madison.  Chaminade-madonna can catch this smoke to . I think yall got Madison mixed up with someone else.  They not ranked low . Maxpreps gave them top 25 for the same reason miami central got ranked. Brand name son

1 hour ago, nolebull813 said:

Columbia ranks teams on how he FEELS. Teams have already played. You should adjust accordingly. Lakeland played one game against a bad team. Meanwhile better teams than Lakeland are beating better teams than their opponents. Let Lakeland earn it. 

The ranking on how I "Feel" is why everyone else was fooled into ranking MNW last year based on "reputation" instead of facts 

My method may have its problems but every ranking has questionable things in it. The fact of the matter is my method has made it possible to take notice of some teams a lot quicker than others and I ended up being right on a lot of teams as a result

24 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

The ranking on how I "Feel" is why everyone else was fooled into ranking MNW last year based on "reputation" instead of facts 

My method may have its problems but every ranking has questionable things in it. The fact of the matter is my method has made it possible to take notice of some teams a lot quicker than others and I ended up being right on a lot of teams as a result

You’re doing a great job bro. What you do takes a lot of effort & dedication and I’m sure me & a lot of the posters appreciate it even when they give you a hard time about your tigers lol. 

my only thing I was saying is the jury is still out on Lakeland. I get it they got transfers, but they’re not even coming off a championship season so to have them that high over teams who have “DONE SOMETHING LATELY” seems to me they’re ranking is based off name & not the present. 

iMO Dillard had a much better off season “TRANSFER” wise & has played a much tougher schedule starting with our KOC then Lakeland & we were never ranked that dam high lol & neither should we until we prove it. 

25 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

And as far as Jesuit I don’t know much or if anything about Wharton but I’ve never heard their team mentioned in ANY football power house conversations in all my years of playing & being a fan of this game. 

jesuit also escaped by the skin of their team against a TC team who appears to be a shell of their last year selves & was also lit up 2 weeks ago by Palm beach central. 

iMO STA,AHP & MNW , will run jesuit & Lakeland off the field if they played right now. Now granted we’re only 2 weeks into a very long season so a lot can change. But if we’re talking about RIGHT NOW & basing things off the product on the field Lakeland and jesuit should be lower. Hell dillards (1-1) record is better then Jesuit’s (2-0) & Lakeland (2-0) undefeated record.

10 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

And as far as Jesuit I don’t know much or if anything about Wharton but I’ve never heard their team mentioned in ANY football power house conversations in all my years of playing & being a fan of this game. 

jesuit also escaped by the skin of their team against a TC team who appears to be a shell of their last year selves & was also lit up 2 weeks ago by Palm beach central. 

iMO STA,AHP & MNW , will run jesuit & Lakeland off the field if they played right now. Now granted we’re only 2 weeks into a very long season so a lot can change. But if we’re talking about RIGHT NOW & basing things off the product on the field Lakeland and jesuit should be lower. Hell dillards (1-1) record is better then Jesuit’s (2-0) & Lakeland (2-0) undefeated record.

Hope my Explorers settle the Jesuit question Friday night.

I too am surprised at how a ranked team like Jesuit has squeaked out meager wins with all the returning talent from a squad that beat STA. Is that the case? I heard they were young last year and had most of the starters returning. Is that wrong? Feeling good about Columbus' chances but I have to imagine that Jesuit plays to the potential they have at some point...

57 minutes ago, ExplorerHomer2 said:

Hope my Explorers settle the Jesuit question Friday night.

I too am surprised at how a ranked team like Jesuit has squeaked out meager wins with all the returning talent from a squad that beat STA. Is that the case? I heard they were young last year and had most of the starters returning. Is that wrong? Feeling good about Columbus' chances but I have to imagine that Jesuit plays to the potential they have at some point...

I think people are underselling how good Treasure Coast is 

They have a brutal schedule out of the gate, not many teams would have done well with that schedule

14 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

Columbia ranks teams on how he FEELS. Teams have already played. You should adjust accordingly. Lakeland played one game against a bad team. Meanwhile better teams than Lakeland are beating better teams than their opponents. Let Lakeland earn it. 

According to your approach, Alabama would not be a top 20 team, while Florida would be a top 3-4 team. Bama has only beaten lowly Utah St., while Florida beat top-10 Utah. Seems a little silly, no?

11 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

How you feel about Lakeland, Jesuit, Wharton and anyone else not from Dade or Broward always has and always will be the same. You know only about teams from those counties, and have no respect (or knowledge about) teams from other areas. That's pretty typical, so I don't mean to call you, specifically, out. But, fact is, the only way you'd respect any of those teams is for them to relocate their campuses to Dade or Broward :lol: