INTERESTING GAME 3 MATCHUPS & MY PREDICTIONS

THIS_IS_DILLARD

10 hours ago, Perspective said:

Cancelled or postponed?    I know South Florida teams have to spread their games out because of field scarcity, but why not play a 4-team double-header (one game in the morning, then clear the stadium and play a second game with two different teams in the afternoon)? 

Northwestern vs Chaminade got rescheduled for tomorrow at 11am

On 9/7/2022 at 1:25 PM, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

What west orange & edgewater ? On paper edgewater should and most likely win by DD , but atleast once a week I like to pick the underdog. 

like last week everyone picked vanguard and I picked niceville and the eagles won 

Told ya. West Orange is a good team but they have some significant weaknesses. They actually kept the game closer than I thought they would.

On 9/8/2022 at 6:25 PM, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Whewww Lawd no kicker bro wat happen ? Lol & I’m sure PBL opponents pulled their starters & they still couldn’t help but score 

im kind of envious cuz when Dillard gets up 35-0 next time you blink the game over. You’ll be lucky to score 1 more time. 

shii these teams getting in the 70s lol

PK 40, PBL 0….PK coaches didn’t try to run up the score. Looked like they were trying to work on the passing game, they didn’t throw any deep passes 

1 minute ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Huge loss for them. He's the reason they beat Apopka. Very good mobility and decent arm. 

3 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Huge loss for them. He's the reason they beat Apopka. Very good mobility and decent arm. 

He was showing a lot of improvement as a dual threat QB; it will be a major loss for West Orange.

47 minutes ago, HornetFan said:

He was showing a lot of improvement as a dual threat QB; it will be a major loss for West Orange.

Yes he is a major loss. I don't know how good the backup is, but he gave Apopka's defense fits particularly in the first half. He could be the difference between a relatively deep playoff run for WO and a quick exit if they make the playoffs. 

28 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Yes he is a major loss. I don't know how good the backup is, but he gave Apopka's defense fits particularly in the first half. He could be the difference between a relatively deep playoff run for WO and a quick exit if they make the playoffs. 

Winter Park was supposed to play at WO in the KOC. Like many football fans throughout the Orlando area that night, we sat in our cars for 2 hours watching the lightning show before the game was cancelled. 

13 minutes ago, HornetFan said:

Winter Park was supposed to play at WO in the KOC. Like many football fans throughout the Orlando area that night, we sat in our cars for 2 hours watching the lightning show before the game was cancelled. 

Same thing happened with the Osceola/Apopka KOC. Funny thing is that two hours before game time it was bright and sunny with not a cloud in the sky. 

2 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Same thing happened with the Osceola/Apopka KOC. Funny thing is that two hours before game time it was bright and sunny with not a cloud in the sky. 

That's Central Florida during hurricane season. Last night the forecast was predicting rain. The WP/Boone game was played in nice weather; beautiful evening for football.

17 minutes ago, HornetFan said:

That's Central Florida during hurricane season. Last night the forecast was predicting rain. The WP/Boone game was played in nice weather; beautiful evening for football.

Impressive win for WP and our kid Zay is assuming a bigger role offensively in the passing game.  

6 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

Impressive win for WP and our kid Zay is assuming a bigger role offensively in the passing game.  

He had 2 or 3 TD's in WP 1st game, a 42-0 win over Lake Nona . He most likely would have had more but starters were pulled at end of 3rd quarter with score at 42-0.  Starters were pulled at the beginning of the 4th quarter against Boone last night; score was 38-3. WP can score very quickly; they have a deep receiving group. Zay will get plenty of opportunities.

38 minutes ago, HornetFan said:

He had 2 or 3 TD's in WP 1st game, a 42-0 win over Lake Nona . He most likely would have had more but starters were pulled at end of 3rd quarter with score at 42-0.  Starters were pulled at the beginning of the 4th quarter against Boone last night; score was 38-3. WP can score very quickly; they have a deep receiving group. Zay will get plenty of opportunities.

With the QB Winter Park has it was a given they would be good offensively, but their defense has also played great.  I don't see any team on their schedule that may give them problems with the exception of Ocoee.  But they probably will be favored even against them.   No Jones, Edgewater, Lake Mary, Apopka, Seminole, etc... that they should have scheduled to get a more accurate gauge of how good they really are.  

16 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

With the QB Winter Park has it was a given they would be good offensively, but their defense has also played great.  I don't see any team on their schedule that may give them problems with the exception of Ocoee.  But they probably will be favored even against them.   No Jones, Edgewater, Lake Mary, Apopka, Seminole, etc... that they should have scheduled to get a more accurate gauge of how good they really are.  

We knew the offense was going to be very good, with experienced seniors at all the skill positions. The defense has been better than anticipated. The DB's play tight coverage and love to deliver hard hits at every opportunity. Boone's WR's were looking over their shoulders waiting for the hit to come rather than concentrating on catching the pass. The DL was outweighed by a good amount by Boone's OL, but quickness off the line help nullify any passing offense by Boone. Then, having a QB that can deliver an accurate pass at 5 or 55 yards doesn't hurt. The QB also combines with a senior RB to give WP a good running game. As for the schedule, it is what it is. They have their District games (admittedly, not a real strong group) that are required; there are a couple of long running "rivalry" games like Boone. They had the North Gwinnett game to allow the kids to experience an out of state game. Plus, some of the best teams in the area were not available because they had schedules in place or maybe they didn't feel that WP would be worth scheduling this year; have to wait for the playoffs.