Border War

nolebull813

I Watched most of the game live. Creekside would not adjust at all. On defense they were getting gashed every single play and they still came out in the same formation. On offense they would run the ball for 2 yards on 1st down, 2 yards on second down, throw an incomplete pass on 3rd and then punt. Rinse, repeat. 

The coaches looked lost. and I get it was raining but it doesn’t just rain on one team. 

The reason they won this is because Glynn is not very good either. Creekside dang sure ain’t top 60 in state 

33 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

I Watched most of the game live. Creekside would not adjust at all. On defense they were getting gashed every single play and they still came out in the same formation. On offense they would run the ball for 2 yards on 1st down, 2 yards on second down, throw an incomplete pass on 3rd and then punt. Rinse, repeat. 

The coaches looked lost. and I get it was raining but it doesn’t just rain on one team. 

The reason they won this is because Glynn is not very good either. Creekside dang sure ain’t top 60 in state 

In NE Florida, I have seen quite a bit of mediocre coaching the past couple of weeks. Everybody runs the same thing on offense (and nobody does it well) and then just stays in their base defense all night regardless of what’s happening. If somebody would do something different, they could mop up in this area. It’s pretty horrible to watch. The penalties are higher than I’ve ever seen. It’s a disservice to the kids and the communities. 

7 minutes ago, Jags904 said:

In NE Florida, I have seen quite a bit of mediocre coaching the past couple of weeks. Everybody runs the same thing on offense (and nobody does it well) and then just stays in their base defense all night regardless of what’s happening. If somebody would do something different, they could mop up in this area. It’s pretty horrible to watch. The penalties are higher than I’ve ever seen. It’s a disservice to the kids and the communities. 

Agree 100 percent. It’s not hyperbole. It reminds me of Pop Warner where you have volunteer parents as the coaches and they don’t understand nuances, trends and flows of a football game. 

That’s why alot of more talented FL teams will go out of state and struggle against inferior competition. Coaching is huge at the high school level. 

31 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Agree 100 percent. It’s not hyperbole. It reminds me of Pop Warner where you have volunteer parents as the coaches and they don’t understand nuances, trends and flows of a football game. 

That’s why alot of more talented FL teams will go out of state and struggle against inferior competition. Coaching is huge at the high school level. 

Completely agree. We are quite behind when it comes to coaching as a whole, obviously we have some great coaches.