Columbia vs Buchholz

DisabledAccount

Realistically, Columbia has probably played what you consider Columbia football for 1 half over the course of 3 games this year. The game versus Gainesville went down to the wire. The TCA game was a massacre and tonight Columbia played great for the first half.

Am I right or am I right?

Yes as of right now we still haven't hit our stride yet, only difference between last year and this year is we didn't win the early games but all about district games and first one next week

I think it means a lot too badbird.

If Columbia can beat Apopka in a preseason game.

They can beat anyone.

Any Given Friday

both teams played starters whole game so that was essentially a real game

ask darter, he will tell you that both teams treated it like a real game

It means Columbia can compete with a team of Apopka's level in a PRE-SEASON SCRIMMAGE IMO.

You call it a scrimmage but yet starters for both teams played entire game and even darter pointed out both teams took it seriously, some teams use kickoff as a throwaway game but Apopka and Columbia did not

Now Columbia don't get all upset, just take your medicine this week and move on. Your boys are 1-2 and as bad as you want to count the Apopka game it doesn't. I'm sure you guys will be ok when district play rolls around.

If Oakleaf over Camden counts because they traveled out of state on kickoff week then I don't see why Apopka vs Columbia shouldn't and despite what people want to say had that game "officially" counted the result would have been the same that night as neither team played that game any different then they would have in a real game, don't beilive me, ask Apopka I guarantee you they treated that like a real game and Ik we did

As for district that is probley the most correct thing I remember you pointing out in a while regarding Columbia, at end of day the only games that have a impact on playoff position (at least for rest of this year) is the district games and first one is next Friday at home against Lee which is first home game of year for us

You call it a scrimmage but yet starters for both teams played entire game and even darter pointed out both teams took it seriously, some teams use kickoff as a throwaway game but Apopka and Columbia did not

Keep that attitude with pre-season kickoffs ( calling them games) for next year. Perhaps the FHSAA will allow those games to count for the new playoff points system?

Not.

Keep that attitude with pre-season kickoffs ( calling them games) for next year. Perhaps the FHSAA will allow those games to count for the new playoff points system?

Not.

What you have yet to explain to me is what part about Columbia vs Apopka being a game where starters played whole game suggests that the game would have had a different result if the game counted taking into account that both teams treated it as if it was a real game

Care to elaborate on that?

What you have yet to explain to me is what part about Columbia vs Apopka being a game where starters played whole game suggests that the game would have had a different result if the game counted taking into account that both teams treated it as if it was a real game

I don't elaborate on scrimmages. Neither does the FHSAA. When those games actually count or mean something other than affecting a team's morale, I'll be glad to elaborate further.

People will start to understand this concept better next year.

Actually, Columbia, it's the mindset of a scrimmage versus a regular game. A scrimmage is simply a way to evaluate all players and to try out multiple plays and possibly formations. Yes, the players play hard as they want to impress the coaches. However, the coaches mindset is evaluation only. They really have no interest in which team "wins" the scrimmage. They probably care more about their key players not getting hurt. As much as you may wish the Apopka game to mean something, in the scheme of things it does not. :)  

Actually, Columbia, it's the mindset of a scrimmage versus a regular game. A scrimmage is simply a way to evaluate all players and to try out multiple plays and possibly formations. Yes, the players play hard as they want to impress the coaches. However, the coaches mindset is evaluation only. They really have no interest in which team "wins" the scrimmage. They probably care more about their key players not getting hurt. As much as you may wish the Apopka game to mean something, in the scheme of things it does not. :)

That don't mean that Columbia couldn't have beaten them had the game counted

I can't wait till teams that are just short of making the playoffs next year, and had a nice preseason win with a kick off classic, scrimmage or spring game start trying to give the FHSAA that excuse . They may also try to reference a nice win from the previous year or something.