Time to break the streak!!!!!

nolebull813

12 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

Brandon is sitting at 41 straight losses dating back to week 2 in 2018. 

This week they play Tampa Freedom who is one of the worst teams in the Western Hemisphere. This will be the only shot of the year to break the streak.

if they lose this game they will guaranteed pass Forest Hill as the worst team in state history 

You ain’t lying brother…Gulf high out of Pasco might take the mantle though. Could barely field a varsity team the past few years. 

11 hours ago, WindsorCT said:

You ain’t lying brother…Gulf high out of Pasco might take the mantle though. Could barely field a varsity team the past few years. 

Gulf is getting better for their standards. They won 3 games in 4 years (2017-2020). Then they matched that total just last year. 

They shockingly beat Wesley Chapel this past week 21-0 and there isn’t anyone on their schedule left that is a guarantee loss. They will have a shot in every game. Now granted all the teams are horrible, but that’s why they have a chance. Lol. 

If Gulf wins 5 games and misses the playoffs they should reward their team with a bowl game 

4 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

Gulf is getting better for their standards. They won 3 games in 4 years (2017-2020). Then they matched that total just last year. 

They shockingly beat Wesley Chapel this past week 21-0 and there isn’t anyone on their schedule left that is a guarantee loss. They will have a shot in every game. Now granted all the teams are horrible, but that’s why they have a chance. Lol. 

If Gulf wins 5 games and misses the playoffs they should reward their team with a bowl game 

I hear you man. I’m in Pasco county. Gulf has always struggled with numbers. I meant a few years back I think they went two years without winning (don’t quote me on that) and had to forfeit the rest of their varsity season. They’ve made huge strides this past season. Agree with you too…..there are some hella bad teams in Pasco lol. Too many schools with 1200-1400 students. Spreading the skill around too many schools just for Hillsborough to snatch the good ones.

At least Brandon isn't in a tough district.  Maybe they could win 2M district 5 and make the playoffs?  I always feel terrible for these bad teams because once you go 0-10, all the transfers out keep you at 0-10 for several years running.  Vicious cycle.

https://www.maxpreps.com/league/9bNAGI4xW0i_Dn5jaoLEdg/standings-2m-district-5.htm

1 hour ago, PinellasFB said:

At least Brandon isn't in a tough district.  Maybe they could win 2M district 5 and make the playoffs?  I always feel terrible for these bad teams because once you go 0-10, all the transfers out keep you at 0-10 for several years running.  Vicious cycle.

https://www.maxpreps.com/league/9bNAGI4xW0i_Dn5jaoLEdg/standings-2m-district-5.htm

Yikes….didn’t realize how bad that district is. Should be a good slaughtering in the playoffs against Tampa Cath, Berkeley, or Lakewood lol

This is the perfect example of why Metro/Suburban/Rural is idiotic. You have teams like Leto and Brandon who are obviously struggling schools in terms of football. These teams should be playing other struggling schools and schools like them every week. I don't care if they have to travel an 2 hours north, south, east, or west. This is why a pyramid structure (similar to European soccer) makes more sense than what the FHSAA is currently doing. As the programs get their feet under them, then let them move up.

Can someone explain to me how Brandon can be so successful in wrestling, but struggle in football. I would think there would be a lot of overlap between the two. Or is it because wrestlers only wrestle when you are that good. Another question, is Brandon even dominate at wrestling anymore?

18 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

This is the perfect example of why Metro/Suburban/Rural is idiotic. You have teams like Leto and Brandon who are obviously struggling schools in terms of football. These teams should be playing other struggling schools and schools like them every week. I don't care if they have to travel an 2 hours north, south, east, or west. This is why a pyramid structure (similar to European soccer) makes more sense than what the FHSAA is currently doing. As the programs get their feet under them, then let them move up.

Can someone explain to me how Brandon can be so successful in wrestling, but struggle in football. I would think there would be a lot of overlap between the two. Or is it because wrestlers only wrestle when you are that good. Another question, is Brandon even dominate at wrestling anymore?

Wrestling and football programs don't correlate to each other because wrestling has only 9 or 10 weight classes and most of them are under a threshold that translates to football.  Heavyweights, 220 lb and 195 lb weight classes tend to be football players and wrestling greatly improves their football skillsets.  It's just a numbers game where only a few football players will be in wrestling so it doesn't tend to help the football team overall, just a couple of individuals.

edit typos

5 hours ago, gatorman-uf said:

Not to get the subject rolling again but what is the point of a metro/suburb class? 1600 kids in a central Florida school is the same as 1600 kids in south Florida school. Why does the population of the county effect the class of the school? I love your idea of a pyramid. Should have relegation and promotion. Who cares about the size of the county. Basically the FHSAA is saying inner city kids should be in their own class and the suburbs should be in their own class?

22 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Especially the seniors. They have never won a varsity football game assuming they been at Brandon the entire time 

What, you think there's a chance that guys actually have been transferring into Brandon over the last three years?    B)

Santa Fe (Alachua) Raiders won over the Gainesville Hurricanes stopping a 16 game losing streak this past Friday.

St. Francis Academy won over First Academy (Leesburg) to snap their losing streak at 25 games on Sept 16th.

Mourning (Miami) snapped a 41 game losing streak this past Friday against Miami Country Day!

Lake Buena Vista is on a 15 game losing streak (only 2nd year in existence).

Stanton Prep on a 24 game losing streak?. But definitely have 2 winnable games on the schedule.  

Not going to do a lot of research, but any other long losing streaks currently active?

LBV has begun to turn the corner on winning. Last year they went 18 points for and 481 against. 1/2 way through this year they are 71 for and 130 against. They barely lost to Windermere. They have lost by 1 score 3 times this year. Hopefully their first win wont be us! But Colonial looks like a possibility. 

3 minutes ago, Beek said:

LBV has begun to turn the corner on winning. Last year they went 18 points for and 481 against. 1/2 way through this year they are 71 for and 130 against. They barely lost to Windermere. They have lost by 1 score 3 times this year. Hopefully their first win wont be us! But Colonial looks like a possibility. 

Good luck!!!! Get em ready!!!