Top games of the week

nolebull813

1 hour ago, KeemD321 said:

Oh na but I want to say that was dealing with the guy that can't type coherently, that goes on about Brevard top teams being overrated and saying that they need to go metro. Even though multiple people explained to him that it doesn't work like that. Crazy part of it is that he's from Brevard and still there, Cocoa to be exact. He has that crab in a bucket mentality for real. Alot of his comments got removed so I'm assuming they banned him for 60 days.

Some people don't get that they don't have a choice but someone should send him a link to Prep Gridiron board, he would fit right in 

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Some people don't get that they don't have a choice but someone should send him a link to Prep Gridiron board, he would fit right in 

Yea he would. I've seen him post on Twitter and score stream. the whole time I was thinking he was from south Florida, come to find out he from and still lives in Cocoa. so I took him as trolling but he's serious about it lol

On 9/13/2022 at 9:31 AM, nolebull813 said:

This week overall isn’t one of the better weeks but it does have the game of the year!! It was hard finding 10 games. If you know any others not listed to keep an eye on please post! 

1. American Heritage vs Chaminade 

2. Edgewater vs Jones

3. Lakeland vs Osceola 

4. Bartram Trail vs Lincoln

5. Western vs STA

6. Bolles vs TC

7. Creekside vs Buchholz

8. Tampa Bay Tech vs Bloomingdale

9. Pahokee vs Palm Beach Central 

10. Palmetto vs Columbus 

1. Chaminade + 14

2. Edgewater + 10

3. Osceola + 3 

4. Lincoln + 10

5. STA + 28

6. TC + 7

7. Buchholz + 17

8. Tampa Bay Tech + 14

9. Palm Beach Central + 24

10. Columbus + 14 

9 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Props to CMD for a tough win over AHP.  I haven't had the pleasure to watch Madonna though I have watched AHP twice and thought they would win with all the weapons they could attack you with.  If I did have a poll  they would certainly have earned #1 after tonight.  

I definitely have them #1 now

On 9/17/2022 at 1:31 AM, Ray Icaza said:

Props to CMD for a tough win over AHP.  I haven't had the pleasure to watch Madonna though I have watched AHP twice and thought they would win with all the weapons they could attack you with.  If I did have a poll  they would certainly have earned #1 after tonight.  

So are you staying that win is more impressive than the IMG Academy win by Central 

1 hour ago, FBGUY1989 said:

So are you saying that win is more impressive than the IMG Academy win by Central 

I'm saying Chaminade's wins as a whole puts them over Central so far right now. Their opponents in these first 4 weeks are more impressive. Still have the second half of the season left. Either way which ever one of those 2 wins out will have a chance to vye for number 1 in the nation.

1 hour ago, FBGUY1989 said:

So are you saying that win is more impressive than the IMG Academy win by Central 

No, I am basing it on CMD's overall body of work.  Their four wins are all against top ranked opponents.  Central has one impressive win, the other 2 against good teams but not on the level as the other resume.  Why, do you think Carol City or BTW are better than MNW, Dillard, St. John's College (DC) or AHP?

1 hour ago, KeemD321 said:

I'm saying Chaminade's wins as a whole puts them over Central so far right now. Their opponents in these first 4 weeks are more impressive. Still have the second half of the season left. Either way which ever one of those 2 wins out will have a chance to vye for number 1 in the nation.

Just saw your post and I guess we have the same argument.  Let's see if we get a response to this line of thinking and the question I flipped on him.  The most recent national polls had AHP either a spot behind or slightly ahead of IMG in the present rankings, not a guess in preseason.   Will also be interesting to see how far up these pollsters move CMD after Friday's win.

7 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

No, I am basing it on CMD's overall body of work.  Their four wins are all against top ranked opponents.  Central has one impressive win, the other 2 against good teams but not on the level as the other resume.  Why, do you think Carol City or BTW are better than MNW, Dillard, St. John's College (DC) or AHP?

Not Carol City they're horrible this year but Booker T. Washington is a solid win. Look I'm not taking nothing away from Chaminade Madonna and they should win out the rest of their schedule but beating IMG Academy is something that a lot of schools haven't done. When was the last time a school beat IMG Academy.

In addition the schedules are about even at this point but Central still has Dillard who's 2-1, Norland who's 3-0, Booker T. Washington, 3-1 and rival Northwestern 3-1 with potentially three games. Regular season, GMAC and possibly playoffs with this new format.

Now just like you and everyone else I'm curious to see where Chaminade Madonna will be placed in Maxpreps top 25. 

14 minutes ago, FBGUY1989 said:

Not Carol City they're horrible this year but Booker T. Washington is a solid win. Look I'm not taking nothing away from Chaminade Madonna and they should win out the rest of their schedule but beating IMG Academy is something that a lot of schools haven't done. When was the last time a school beat IMG Academy.

In addition the schedules are about even at this point but Central still has Dillard who's 2-1, Norland who's 3-0, Booker T. Washington, 3-1 and rival Northwestern 3-1 with potentially three games. Regular season, GMAC and possibly playoffs with this new format.

Now just like you and everyone else I'm curious to see where Chaminade Madonna will be placed in Maxpreps top 25. 

I said those other opponents, especially BTW are solid teams but not on the same level as any of the wins CMD has.  For example, a common opponent of BTW and MNW is Edison (decent team).  BTW won by a single possession whereas MNW blew them out.   MaxPreps computer strength of schedule for Central despite being heavily skewed by IMG, also favors CMD by almost 15 points and almost 10 points better than even IMG's strength of schedule.   Central may very well be the best team and they have remaining games on their schedule which you indicated to earn the "ranking".  Dillard as a common opponent next week will give us a better idea and I don't think IMG's schedule for the remainder of the year is that tough until they play SFA which has beat them up two straight years.   My guess with IMG relying on the backup QB will be on the short end of the stick again. 

35 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

I said those other opponents, especially BTW are solid teams but not on the same level as any of the wins CMD has.  For example, a common opponent of BTW and MNW is Edison (decent team).  BTW won by a single possession whereas MNW blew them out.   MaxPreps computer strength of schedule for Central despite being heavily skewed by IMG, also favors CMD by almost 15 points and almost 10 points better than even IMG's strength of schedule.   Central may very well be the best team and they have remaining games on their schedule which you indicated to earn the "ranking".  Dillard as a common opponent next week will give us a better idea and I don't think IMG's schedule for the remainder of the year is that tough until they play SFA which has beat them up two straight years.   My guess with IMG relying on the backup QB will be on the short end of the stick again. 

IMG will win up til the SFA game. They have all 3 of their QBs and been alternating series with their original starter and the 3rd string QB; who in my opinion has showed better than the backup.