Fans in a uproar , next weeks matchup coconut creek vs ely to be without spectators

THIS_IS_DILLARD

With an agreement that was made just a few out ago , this much anticipated game will be WITHOUT fans on either side. 

in the wake of last week shooting at Boyd Anderson high school during a little league game & several brawls at a few other broward county football games this season , Blanche ely principle and coconut creek principle alongside with the broward county superintendent agreed that no fans will be allowed to this matchup on Friday night. 

and as expected the cougar & tiger community is an uproar & as the broward county commissioner stated more schools will suffer the same fate if broward county as a whole don’t get it together.

18 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

With an agreement that was made just a few out ago , this much anticipated game will be WITHOUT fans on either side. 

in the wake of last week shooting at Boyd Anderson high school during a little league game & several brawls at a few other broward county football games this season , Blanche ely principle and coconut creek principle alongside with the broward county superintendent agreed that no fans will be allowed to this matchup on Friday night. 

and as expected the cougar & tiger community is an uproar & as the broward county commissioner stated more schools will suffer the same fate if broward county as a whole don’t get it together.

Good on them, maybe when it's clear the dumbass adults in some these communities creating problems are robbed of being able to attend games than the mature adults will tell them "you ain't welcome to come if your gonna start trouble" 

Too many incidents in this state because of moron adults putting their egos ahead of the kids

16 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Think that’s next weeks game? Was planning on going to that game. Always a small percentage of peeps, ruin it for the majority. Over reaction? 

3 minutes ago, Jullian said:

Think that’s next weeks game? Was planning on going to that game. Always a small percentage of peeps, ruin it for the majority. Over reaction? 

Not if It saves the lives of innocent players and coaches 

Maybe adults in the community should behave themselves and this wouldn't be necessary

• THIS_IS_DILLARD changed the title to Fans in a uproar , next weeks matchup coconut creek vs ely to be without spectators
4 minutes ago, Jullian said:

It's always an over reaction till someone catches hands or a bullet.  Then, not enough was done.  In this situation where things have already occurred, I can see the lawsuits IF something popped off.  Err on the side of caution I guess.  :unsure:

29 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

That stinks!  Coaches, players, students, alumni and fans are robbed of a Friday night experience.  

Cheerleaders?   Bands?   Media?  JV players? 

If I were the King, I'd be more inclined to at least allow parents/siblings of kids . . . perhaps 4 tickets for each player.  And perhaps a condition that for every 100 fans, the school has to pay for one deputy.   And add security checks to get in. 

So, what's going to happen on game night?   Will there be a large crowd of people just outside the stadium?  If so, won't that create just as many problems/risks?  

I understand the "tough love" approach and the "risk adverse" approach, but high school football just ain't the same without fans/cheerleaders/bands, etc.

12 minutes ago, Perspective said:

If I were the King, I'd be more inclined to at least allow parents/siblings of kids . . . perhaps 4 tickets for each player.  And perhaps a condition that for every 100 fans, the school has to pay for one deputy.   And add security checks to get in. 

So, what's going to happen on game night?   Will there be a large crowd of people just outside the stadium?  If so, won't that create just as many problems/risks?  

I understand the "tough love" approach and the "risk adverse" approach, but high school football just ain't the same without fans/cheerleaders/bands, etc.

None of those would be considered spectators as they are directly involved with the school if I had to guess 

15 minutes ago, Perspective said:

That sounds respectable but then you’ll have the ones trying to beat the system by saying I have a household of 8. My son whose a starter has 4 brothers & 3 sisters that want to see him play plus his dad and me. 

22 minutes ago, Perspective said:

Right!  That sounds like practice! :D

I think Broward schools have a lack of security or maybe I'm wrong. I know at Traz Powell Stadium in Miami it's security and police everywhere. Now when it's big time games security and police presence are stepped up to another level.

Norland vs Carol City 

Central vs Northwestern 

Central vs Booker T. Washington 

Northwestern vs Booker T. Washington 

8 minutes ago, FBGUY1989 said:

I think Broward schools have a lack of security or maybe I'm wrong. I know at Traz Powell Stadium in Miami it's security and police everywhere. Now when it's big time games security and police presence are stepped up to another level.

Norland vs Carol City 

Central vs Northwestern 

Central vs Booker T. Washington 

Northwestern vs Booker T. Washington 

That’s the crazy part is that law enforcement be at every game, multiple cars at that. & then so far this year I’ve been seeing the broward county security in the blue & green shirts at games, but I doubt they’re armed tho. So they have enforcement at the games. 

30 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

None of those would be considered spectators as they are directly involved with the school if I had to guess 

You may be right.  I haven't seen the announcement/edict. 

That said, I've got this vision of a group of cheerleaders facing the empty stands asking the lone security guard to "GET LOUDER!"  

And who would the band play for at halftime? 

Hmmm, maybe the cheerleaders could cheer in the direction of the band and the band could play for the cheerleaders at halftime?  :P

25 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

That sounds respectable but then you’ll have the ones trying to beat the system by saying I have a household of 8. My son whose a starter has 4 brothers & 3 sisters that want to see him play plus his dad and me. 

Sorry, he can only pick four family members . . .  I hope you make the cut!   B)

14 minutes ago, Perspective said:

You may be right.  I haven't seen the announcement/edict. 

That said, I've got this vision of a group of cheerleaders facing the empty stands asking the lone security guard to "GET LOUDER!"  

And who would the band play for at halftime? 

Hmmm, maybe the cheerleaders could cheer in the direction of the band and the band could play for the cheerleaders at halftime?  :P

The cheerleaders, dance team and band are all high schoolers 

I'm sure they will find a way to be excited and bring energy to the game 

Maybe they can play for members of the media 

3 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

That’s the crazy part is that law enforcement be at every game, multiple cars at that. & then so far this year I’ve been seeing the broward county security in the blue & green shirts at games, but I doubt they’re armed tho. So they have enforcement at the games. 

Oh wow I don't know what's going on then

6 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Taking the games away from unruly fans makes sense. But, perhaps leaders can think of ways to ensure a better, more accountable crowd is present. Maybe require an ID to enter, and a scan of IDs for all who are unruly, followed by a ban, arrests etc. The "community" is not a thing. What you have are a handful of knuckleheads ruining it for everyone. 

Here's a potential solution.  Probably expensive but definitely not as expensive as the long term costs of extra security and/or lawsuits.  Plus, saving human lives is probably worth a couple of bucks spent too.

https://www.athena-security.com/gun-detection#:~:text=Introducing Athena Securitys Concealed Weapons,walk through this metal detector.