An officiating travesty: the story of Venice-SFA tonight.

skyway

I saw the game and is was very embarrassing to Florida officiating! It reminded me of the hose job William T. Dwyer received in Ohio! St. Francis just had better dudes to overcome the bad officials in that game. I live in Orlando and love the last pure form of football we have left and we are losing that to the dumb educational laws by our state, open enrollment, charter schools, etc.... however, my brother in law, who is a official here, said the same thing about the officials as we watched the game together on our family night.

12 hours ago, Jambun82 said:

I didn't see the game obviously, but I would enjoy reading what other posters who did view the game saw and objected to. 

Ask around your buddies who've officiated and caught the game. I'm quite sure they will agree with all of us commenting in this thread. I'll look to see if I can find some clips of the worst calls.

5 hours ago, skyway said:

Ask around your buddies who've officiated and caught the game. I'm quite sure they will agree with all of us commenting in this thread. I'll look to see if I can find some clips of the worst calls.

Most of my "buddies" don't view a lot High School games that are showcased on television early in the season. We are up to our necks already with the games, especially in the last several years. 

6 hours ago, BigBoyBall said:

I saw the game and is was very embarrassing to Florida officiating! It reminded me of the hose job William T. Dwyer received in Ohio! St. Francis just had better dudes to overcome the bad officials in that game. I live in Orlando and love the last pure form of football we have left and we are losing that to the dumb educational laws by our state, open enrollment, charter schools, etc.... however, my brother in law, who is a official here, said the same thing about the officials as we watched the game together on our family night.

BigBoyBall, I don't think that Educational Choice should be considered "dumb" just because you want closer high school football games. However, would you be willing to provide some examples of this "embarrassing officiating" which you have labeled it? 

32 minutes ago, Jambun82 said:

BigBoyBall, I don't think that Educational Choice should be considered "dumb" just because you want closer high school football games. However, would you be willing to provide some examples of this "embarrassing officiating" which you have labeled it? 

You've been offered numerous examples, both in writing and in the form of the full game with a specific time offered. The embarrassment grows worse the longer you try to defend it while refusing to watch it.

I don't believe a single person here is a fan of St. Frances, who also won the game easily. We aren't calling out the abomination that was the officiating because we didn't get our desired outcome. And, as a Lakeland alum, I don't bring back up the play in 2017 where a WR was allowed to complete a pass to an OL who wasn't an eligible receiver and have the play stand because I hoped Lakeland wouldn't get the yards. I bring this all up because I think it's time we own reality, and seek solutions. The first step towards solutions is admitting there is a problem.

4 hours ago, skyway said:

You've been offered numerous examples, both in writing and in the form of the full game with a specific time offered. The embarrassment grows worse the longer you try to defend it while refusing to watch it.

Dan in Daytona has provided a video of the game, and I said that I would view it when I have time. I have other priorities that are more important than this message board. Besides that, I don't have to defend or explain anything to you or any other poster to this message board.  The information that I provide and don't provide is my choice and I will NEVER answer to someone like you. DO YOU UNDERSTAND AND HAVE I MADE MYSELF CLEAR? 

9 hours ago, Jambun82 said:

Dan in Daytona has provided a video of the game, and I said that I would view it when I have time. I have other priorities that are more important than this message board. Besides that, I don't have to defend or explain anything to you or any other poster to this message board.  The information that I provide and don't provide is my choice and I will NEVER answer to someone like you. DO YOU UNDERSTAND AND HAVE I MADE MYSELF CLEAR? 

WHAT?  I CAN'T HEAR YOU LOL

23 hours ago, Jambun82 said:

To recap: you follow up the statement "...I will NEVER answer to someone like you."...by asking me to answer you. Go fuck yourself.

10 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Ouch!!  Getting a little heated so best to lay down your weapons. 

Nothing is getting heated at all. I tried to be polite by asking a question of a poster who I know wouldn't be able to answer my basic, simple, question. I was right as usual, skyway provided about as much of an answer as he/she usually  contributes to this message board.  Absolutely nothing.  Skyway has to resort to personal insults and foul language because of this simple fact. 

20 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

Ouch!!  Getting a little heated so best to lay down your weapons. 

Ray, I noticed that you were "confused" by my comments. There is no need for that as I am willing to explain anything that you would need explained. You have learned a lot from me and I have enjoyed providing you with many lessons. You have a friend in Volusia County.  

11 hours ago, badbird said:

I STILL CAN'T HEAR YOU.  GO BULLDOGS

You may need some hearing aids, man who has been on this Earth for a significant amount of time. In fact, you should consider my great idea and suggestion, what else is new?,  because that will help you with what you held very dear in your heart, the honor and privilege of talking with me. You're welcome for the honor and privilege, and you have a friend in Volusia County. 

17 minutes ago, Jambun82 said:

Ray, I noticed that you were "confused" by my comments. There is no need for that as I am willing to explain anything that you would need explained. You have learned a lot from me and I have enjoyed providing you with many lessons. You have a friend in Volusia County.  

SPARE ME!!

13 hours ago, Jambun82 said:

You may need some hearing aids, man who has been on this Earth for a significant amount of time. In fact, you should consider my great idea and suggestion, what else is new?,  because that will help you with what you held very dear in your heart, the honor and privilege of talking with me. You're welcome for the honor and privilege, and you have a friend in Volusia County. 

you most likely need some glasses.  I've seen some of the officiating in Volusia county  :D

48 minutes ago, badbird said:

you most likely need some glasses.  I've seen some of the officiating in Volusia county  :D

Nice try, man who has been on this Earth much longer than me. However, I already wear glasses, and have since I was very little. For some reason, women find far-sighted men very attractive and engaging. Of course, you find my huge brain very engaging. 

Perhaps someone can explain to me why it is necessary to have "Jambun82" comment on the officiating of the SFA - Venice game. Those of us that watched the game could see obvious blown calls throughout the game that almost always went against SFA. I don't know if the officials had a "bias" or just a bad day and consistently missed calls throughout the game, and as luck would have it, those calls almost always went against SFA. Venice was a "State Champion" last year, but that is not the case this year. Venice is nothing more than, at best, an average high school team this year. 

I'm not a coach or a referee; I'm just a high school football fan. We need the referees if we want to enjoy this great sport. There are a lot of good, honest referees in high school football, and even then they miss calls or make mistakes. I wouldn't want their job because as far as close calls go, one team and their fans will almost always complain. With that being said, I don't think the officials in the SFA - Venice game did their fellow officials any favors.