Ian

Perspective

So difficult to predict the severity of upcoming storms and I will admit since officials usually err on the side of caution, I didn't think it was going to be this bad.  I was wrong and hope the vast majority living in the direct path heeded the warnings and got out.  Prayers for all those living on the affected coast for what they must be going thru as it even caused significant flooding in Kissimmee almost  200 miles away. 

I realize that the communities in SW Florida have much bigger problems on their hands than high school football - water, electricity, housing, food, etc.   That said, it'll be interesting to see what affect Ian has on the remainder of this season.  On the one hand, I know how important it will be the 'return to normal' and get the kids back onto the field for practice and games (for their mental well-being, to provide structure in their lives, etc.).  On the other hand, I also realize that government officials have to prioritize resources.  

I heard something on the radio yesterday about Lee County's power grid was going to have to be completely rebuilt.   If true, who knows how long this might take.   What affect will this have on the schools in Fort Myers and Naples? 

All that said, I also know that some good stories will come out of this -- schools helping schools, kids helping other kids, etc.   I look forward to hearing those stories.

I'm truly sorry for the loss of life  Prayers to Lee and Charlotte counties which too the brunt of the devastation.  My sister still lives in Lakeland and aside from no electricity, she is okay.  Prayers to the families that are displaced or dealing with health or injury issues.  Even though our commonality is HS football and no matter where you reside, I feel that the livelihood of humanity trumps everything.  Again, I pray that everyone connected to this board and their families are okay.  My mom is in Charleston, SC which is projected to get hit tonight so my worries are still not over.  At the end of the day, regardless of your religious beliefs or political affiliations, we all want the same thing regardless of how we get there.  Everyone stay safe!  Stay locked and loaded too...

We are scheduled to play Northport in a couple of weeks. We have already reached out to them and offered anything we can to help them return to normal. Even If this involves moving the game to our place or cancelling it all together. What ever scenario works best for them. Way more important things than football at this moment. 

Their ad responded: things are really bad there now. they are hoping that FHSAA will allow the extension of the season and to try to get their games in later after they get things somewhat back to normal

6 hours ago, Perspective said:

Same with Hillsborough.   Lots of district games that have to be played.   And then the teams are going to turn around and play again Friday night.   I guess it's not all that different than the pro teams that play on Sunday and then have to play again on Thursday night. 

Difference is that the pros get paid :)

6 hours ago, Perspective said:

Same with Hillsborough.   Lots of district games that have to be played.   And then the teams are going to turn around and play again Friday night.   I guess it's not all that different than the pro teams that play on Sunday and then have to play again on Thursday night. 

Many teams played more than one game in a week in 2017 as well after the big Hurricane pummeled Florida. A lot of JV games were played on Monday and Tuesday Nights as well.