PAhOKEE THE TEAM YOU SLEEPING ON

1kKB_

Again negativity, and the guy that can't add. If I stayed in Miami for 10 years, how in the hell would I be able to be Alphonso Smith when he's not even 30. Was in college for 5 years and played in the NFL for 4. And your the guy that team NEVER wins and tries his best to negatively spray any other team that does good. Misrery loves company!!!!!! So enjoy your season and do one thing for me, CATCH UP!!!!!!!

Well, you are getting better with your comebacks but let's look at this from people on the board reading....Many do not know who Alphonso Smith is, his background,  where he grew up (perhaps in Miami?) and you referencing 9 years of his life... only leaves nearly years out of possibly living in Miami in a 20 year window while growing up - just saying

Gene-Wilder.jpg?w=720&cdnnode=1

As to your other comment about my team "NEVER" winning. Basically correct - I don't really have a 'my team" and I freely admit it.  I do admit that I route for teams that have not had the best of luck in in recent months or years and to be perfectly honest with you Pahokee is one of those teams.  Feel free to go back in the strings on this board if you wish and more specifically the 2015 first round strings.  I actually almost sympathized in my wording when Pahokee lost their Head Coach just before the first round knowing it was rough timing for the kids.  See for yourself.

As for me "spraying negativity" to teams that do good.  There is a difference between making semi-sarcastic (yet factual) statement like the one that I replied to this string and "spraying negatively" .  My comment was made to actually spark reason and backing as to why people would be "sleeping" on Pahokee with an expected win over Seminole Ridge and beating a top 50 NJ team.  Again, I don't think many are sleeping on Pahokee with their history, I am just not overly impressed or shocked with those wins.  Decent start - Absolutely. .  The poster made an opinion on Pahokee that most on this board are already aware of at the 1A level.  I simply wanted was hoping for a little more substance.  Still as long as this string has lasted I have only heard details about Pahokee's past that I mostly already am aware of.  Why not come back with a few of the strengths of Pahokee and their players this year rather than gloating about your own achievements?

For what it's worth and most on this board will agree with me:

Pahokee > PK rider

This board is about discussing teams not our personal achievements.  If I was spraying too much negativity about Pahokee, I can assure you that a moderator would shut me up.  

Pahokee don't need validation from you, seems like your the one with the Pahokee problem!!!! Every time Pahokee or GC is mentioned, your fingers start to itch, like one of the Muck teams beat up ya best friend or something. Pahokee is ranked too high, the team that struggled against ridge, this and that! How many times have you seen Pahokee play this year???? And if your not dwelling in the past, how did Trention 2015 team get in our conversation, is 2015 now considered present? This coming from a FACT BASED GUY!!!!! And so what if Pahokee never gets back to level they once were, we were once on that level. Does that stop UM fans from loving UM!!!!! I love my team and got TIRED OF YOUR negative remarks. You don't favorites, I can see that the muck teams ain't on the list of teams that you whole heartedly support, that's fine, we're used to being treated like the step kids, FUEL!!!!!!

I have no problem with Pahokee, in fact I am rooting for their success this year.....   As to Glades Central, I back my opinions up with facts as well.  If I stated Pahokee is ranked to high it is my opinion of a poll, I was referencing.  Sorry....After all this is a forum, right?  ;)

I have yet to see Pahokee play this year through Week 2.  As to the past comment with Trenton.  The difference in referencing a team from 9 months ago versus 9 years ago could actually include players that are still on the roster.  Sure, technically it is still the past though as is Week 1 and 2, right?  Very weak comeback on that one.

Again, I actually am routing for Pahokee this year.  I just try not to boast about it on here.  I try to keep a neutral perspective and the only reason that you view my remarks as negative is because I question the level that Pahokee and Glades Central are at right now state-wide veruse the way that you perceive them.  I had both Glades Central and Pahokee in my pre-season top 5 and still do. Sorry for the negativity.

For the smart guy in Broward , most of the teams you mentioned on Pahokee's schedule are district teams. Therefore they are mandated by the state to play them.... So we have no power to schedule teams in there spot!!!! Any other team we play is at least 2 classes higher and wanted to play us which is what most good teams do. Schedule higher classed team. Which makes great since!!!!!! Most teams tell us, what do we have to gain from playing a small school like you guys, if they lose, it's a disgrace, if they win they were supposed to. So throw that weak schedule stuff out the window. And since you like to reference Trenton, who did they play last year that made you SOO high on them... Again Mr Fact speaker, please know what your talking about before you put out your misleading facts!!!!! We win ships over!!!! CATCH UP!!!!!

Okay..Fair enough.  So let me get this right, Pahokee will go ahead and schedule larger schools in PB County (which actually have resulted in fairly competitive games of late) - instead of playing the best in South Florida.  Some of those teams that Pahokee plays, might make the post-season and get wrecked by the Broward teams.  Is that better termed without hurting your feelings?

Take the Pahokee schedule and look at it upside down?  Does it still look weak?  Does it look any better?  Stop putting lipstick on a pig!   Any way you cut it Pahokee has a weak schedule (on a statewide level).

What made me so high on Trenton was what they were doing to teams and the run that they were on.    Trenton's best regular season win last year was versus the 2A State Champions - University Christian.  What was Pahokee's?

For what it's worth Trenton annihilated  Dixie County in (2nd round) of the 2015 playoffs last year.  Dixie County was the team that ended Pahokee's season in the 2015 Playoffs ( 1st round), right?  

Next.

1st off Wayne Hills was ranked #8 in New Jersey. So you saying that they were a top 50 team is only telling half the story, which u do quite well, could it have been easier to stay that Hills was a top 10 Jersey team. But NO that would give Pahokee props for pretty much man handling them!!! Secondly Trenton did destroy Dixie and from the team I saw that came to Pahokee, I wasn't impressed. Our kids came into that game without their head coach and it's starting Qb, but excuses are not warranted! This year Pahokee's team looks better than last years, is all I'm saying and that's ALL the original post was saying. But I guess you are a scientist that dissect and overannalize every comment made on this site. Continue to do you bro, I enjoy reading your misconstrued facts. Back to the schedule Yetta Green, Palm Beach Counties District athletic director says who plays who in our county, again know your facts, CATCH UP!!!!!

1st off Wayne Hills was ranked #8 in New Jersey. So you saying that they were a top 50 team is only telling half the story, which u do quite well, could it have been easier to stay that Hills was a top 10 Jersey team. But NO that would give Pahokee props for pretty much man handling them!!! Secondly Trenton did destroy Dixie and from the team I saw that came to Pahokee, I wasn't impressed. Our kids came into that game without their head coach and it's starting Qb, but excuses are not warranted! This year Pahokee's team looks better than last years, is all I'm saying and that's ALL the original post was saying. But I guess you are a scientist that dissect and overannalize every comment made on this site. Continue to do you bro, I enjoy reading your misconstrued facts. Back to the schedule Yetta Green, Palm Beach Counties District athletic director says who plays who in our county, again know your facts, CATCH UP!!!!!

We'll see where Wayne Hills lands this year.  It won't be at #8 in NJ. I will say that win was more impressive then beating Seminole Rige.  I dropped the ball on Wayne Hills because I was busy drinking the Oxbridge kool-aid this weekend after beating a real public school .

BTW, can you give me your PB County top 10?  

My PBC Top 10

1. Oxbridge

2. Dwyer

3. Pahokee

4. Boca

5. Atlantic

6. Palm Beach Gardens

7. Palm Beach Lakes

8. Wellington

9. Glades Central

10. American Heritage Delray

Just my opinion, I know you think that Pahokee is too high, but truly believe that they would beat the teams I have them ranked ahead. Jmo!!!!

My PBC Top 10

1. Oxbridge

2. Dwyer

3. Pahokee

4. Boca

5. Atlantic

6. Palm Beach Gardens

7. Palm Beach Lakes

8. Wellington

9. Glades Central

Just my opinion, I know you think that Pahokee is too high, but truly believe that they would beat the teams I have them ranked ahead. Jmo!!!!

Interesting, Is Pahokee bringing it like that this year. Its been awhile.

My PBC Top 10

1. Oxbridge

2. Dwyer

3. Pahokee

4. Boca

5. Atlantic

6. Palm Beach Gardens

7. Palm Beach Lakes

8. Wellington

9. Glades Central

Agree with Oxbridge and Dwyer.  To me they are at least 10 pts + better than anyone in PB County right now.  3-10 can mostly beat one another IMO.  I have basically the same but slightly different order. I might sneak Lake Worth in there over AHD or Wellington though.  If Pahokee is not 3, it is hard for me to make a case they are beyond 6.  Who has the best 2 wins outside of Oxbridge and Dwyer?  Possibly Boca Raton or Pahokee. AHD has played a good team in Naples and a top 100  team out of DC. Hard to get a gauge on AHD but they appear to be off a bit right now. We will learn a lot about Glades Central and AHD this weekend. AHD has owned Glades Central of late but it appears to be a good opportunity for Glades Central to get the W at Home this weekend.  Pahokee will not see a team close to Boca's level until November versus Glades Central.  In the that I was referencing that had Pahokee at #4, it was the same poll that had Oxbridge behind Pahokee at #5.  Now tell me that is not off.  Even more ignorant and I reference it in my strings is AHD at # 2 in this poll????   That is what is really off to me and trust me....I ranted on that on here.   If Wayne Hills is legitimately #8 in NJ and Pahokee beat them by over 2 scores (34-23), would it be safe to assume Pahokee will handle Boca Raton by at least that? 

Here is the roster size that really counts.

22 players on the field at a time, 11 for each side.

Chance favors a school with 4000 to pick from over 200.

1A beating an 8A is an accomplishment.

That 1A team will be expected to beat all the teams they play in the future.

If the pool of 4,000 does not have any talent or no desire to work hard and excel in football  it is a useless statistic.  

What is a more impressive win?  Pahokee beating Seminole Ridge  or  

Coral Park/Jupiter caliber team beating Pahokee?  To me it is the 8A team beating 1A Pahokee.   Do you really expect those teams to compete with Pahokee based on a classification # next to their name?  I'll say it again. The top 5 1A teams can generally compete with average 8A teams for the last few years.  The top 1A teams can usually compete with and sometimes beat very good 8A teams.  It is expected to those that know football.  I look at talent pools in concentrated areas over classification #s any day of the week.  

That is like saying India and China are supposed/expected to have the best athletes in the world because they have the largest populations to pick from.  

I do think that they will beat Boca pretty Soundly though

If they beat Boca soundly that would be a very good win, a whole lot better than the Seminole Ridge win IMO.    I am not putting Boca quite at the level of a Flanagan/Carol City right now but it is still a good win for a 1A or any level team.  If Pahokee beats Boca, I will firmly have them at #3 in Palm Beach.

If the pool of 4,000 does not have any talent or no desire to work hard and excel in football  it is a useless statistic.  

What is a more impressive win?  Pahokee beating Seminole Ridge  or  

Coral Park/Jupiter caliber team beating Pahokee?  To me it is the 8A team beating 1A Pahokee.   Do you really expect those teams to compete with Pahokee based on a classification # next to their name?  I'll say it again. The top 5 1A teams can generally compete with average 8A teams for the last few years.  The top 1A teams can usually compete with and sometimes beat very good 8A teams.  It is expected to those that know football.  I look at talent pools in concentrated areas over classification #s any day of the week.  

That is like saying India and China are supposed/expected to have the best athletes in the world.

I agree with your assessment. However, there is one very instrumental factor to consider. How many Pahokee players play both offense and defense? How many Seminole Ridge players play both offense and defense? In a tough game the Pahokee players will wear down sometime around the end of the 3rd quarter. The Seminole players, ostensibly, will not. Also, losing a key player to injury will be more devastating to Pahokee than to Seminole simply due to the fact that Seminole has more key players to lose. I'm not making an argument, just stating some pertinent facts to consider in evaluating the performance of a 1A team against an 8A team.

I agree with your assessment. However, there is one very instrumental factor to consider. How many Pahokee players play both offense and defense? How many Seminole Ridge players play both offense and defense? In a tough game the Pahokee players will wear down sometime around the end of the 3rd quarter. The Seminole players, ostensibly, will not. Also, losing a key player to injury will be more devastating to Pahokee than to Seminole simply due to the fact that Seminole has more key players to lose. I'm not making an argument, just stating some pertinent facts to consider in evaluating the performance of a 1A team against an 8A team.

This is true as well.  Particularly about wearing down.  But is a worn down 3 or 4 star player still better than a average player in the 4th quarter?  Probably IMO -even worn down.  Playing both ways also has to do with the athleticism level relative to the team as well.  I can almost guarantee you that if Seminole Ridge ever got a hold of two of Pahokee's best skilled position players they would quickly be starting them both ways.  No brainer.  Defending 8A State Champions Flanagan used Stanford Samuels at DB/QB/P - yes punter as well versus Oxbridge Academy who also used a couple of players both ways.  

I think most folks think highly of Pahokee overall. However beating an 8A team or whatever doesn't make you good. We heard a lot of this talk last year from Pahokee and Ft Meade about how they didn't play 1A teams and this and that and we saw what happened in the playoffs(1st round losers). If a team sucks it doesn't matter if they are 1A or 5A and if a team is good it goes the same way. Depth is the main thing when you start taking the best from 1A and the best from larger classes. I would guess if you take the top 10-12 players off the teams they would be close to equal, but the players 12-20 that start making a difference. As for Pahokee playing with 2015 Trenton, I think you need to get a grip brother. Wasn't anybody playing with that bunch last year. They running clocked 13 of 14 teams, think about that before posting next time. Closest game was 9 points and they took a knee inside the 5 to run out the clock.

I never said how Pahokee would match up against Trenton 2015. As for the running clock how many of the teams they did that against were 6a or higher? I don't measure my success off of other teams success! Only Pahokees, so when I start comparing it would be this years team compared to 08,07,06,05, etc... Someone else brought up Trenton, I didnt