Eau Gallie Hype Train For #1 in Brevard

KeemD321

The game ended in regulation tied at 7, which was the halftime score.

Merritt Island scored first in OT and made the PAT. Eau Gallie scored right away on their OT possession. Went for 2 to get the win. The only downfall to that is they ran the exact same play they used to score in OT for the 2 point try and was stopped immediately. 

10 hours ago, KeemD321 said:

The game ended in regulation tied at 7, which was the halftime score.

Merritt Island scored first in OT and made the PAT. Eau Gallie scored right away on their OT possession. Went for 2 to get the win. The only downfall to that is they ran the exact same play they used to score in OT for the 2 point try and was stopped immediately. 

Lotta teams that go for the win thru the 2 point conversion, seem to lose. Usually you trust your team to go another OT period. Coach must have had doubts. Always a shame to lose on 1 designated play……

45 minutes ago, Jullian said:

Lotta teams that go for the win thru the 2 point conversion, seem to lose. Usually you trust your team to go another OT period. Coach must have had doubts. Always a shame to lose on 1 designated play……

Apparently their usual holder for PAT was hurt. Called a timeout and decided to go for 2. The Jesuit transfer scored the touchdown in OT and apparently made some good throws throughout the game. I had a feeling there was a chance for an upset with how Eau Gallie has been playing but still thought they would squeak out the win with the MI lost to Heritage.

1 hour ago, KeemD321 said:

Apparently their usual holder for PAT was hurt. Called a timeout and decided to go for 2. The Jesuit transfer scored the touchdown in OT and apparently made some good throws throughout the game. I had a feeling there was a chance for an upset with how Eau Gallie has been playing but still thought they would squeak out the win with the MI lost to Heritage.

Ok. Makes more sense. Good game. 

55 minutes ago, Jullian said:

Ok. Makes more sense. Good game. 

Yea. That district is gonna be fun to watch now.

Rockledge is 1-0

Merritt Island 1-0

Eau Gallie 1-1

Bayside 1-1

I'll leave Satellite out since they are 0-2.

Merritt Island also travels to play Eustis this Thursday in a non district game 

Just recently saw a poll on Twitter saying which team that was ranked high is most likely to miss the playoffs? 

Palm Bay, Eau Gallie, Melbourne, or all of them.

My first thought was that all of them will make it, then I started thinking about their remaining district matchups. 

Palm Bay will only have one district loss to Cocoa and may only lose one more game besides that which could be to Melbourne or an upset to Heritage leaving them at 7-3 or 8-2 and runner up. They should make it as an at-large team.

Melbourne should win their district I can only realistically see them get upset by one team in district play but doubt it will happen. Harmony or Heritage. The remaining of their schedule I can see them losing to Palm Bay who they play Friday and Eau Gallie last game of the season. Leaving them anywhere from 8-2 and 6-4 as district champs.

Eau Gallie I was for sure all in about them making it til I thought about it more. They can't slip up in district play at all anymore. I can see them losing in district play to Rockledge. They could very well drop 2 more games against Flagler Palm Coast or Melbourne. If they lose to Rockledge and win out they could still make it but lose to Rockledge and drop another game or 2 and they will have to rely on other teams to fall. Idk how their rankings would stack up in the region by then.

Either way if they don't win the rest of their district games and for Rockledge to beat Merritt Island then they may have an issue making it.

33 minutes ago, Jullian said:

Wow sounds like some  305 fans……

Lmao I wanted to respond to their comments on the post but decided to let it go. I think they were a couple moms. Mainly said there was 2 delay of games not called against MI but there was one called against EG and I guess a couple holds and PI that wasn't called lmao.

Almost forgot to mention that the game was played at EG. They had me cracking up commenting "Congratulations to MI REFS on the win" lmao

13 hours ago, KeemD321 said:

Lmao I wanted to respond to their comments on the post but decided to let it go. I think they were a couple moms. Mainly said there was 2 delay of games not called against MI but there was one called against EG and I guess a couple holds and PI that wasn't called lmao.

Almost forgot to mention that the game was played at EG. They had me cracking up commenting "Congratulations to MI REFS on the win" lmao

KeemD321, did you watch the game?